PDA

View Full Version : Is singing "Don't Stop Believing" a new MSU tradition?

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 12:10 AM
We always talk about how we want traditions to start naturally, from the ground up, and not be forced. I don't know about you guys, but hearing 62,000 people sing "Don't Stop Believing" between the 3rd and 4th quarter, on Saturday, is one of the coolest things I ever witnessed in Davis Wade.

If our fans are going to sing this song, then I think it should just become the staple song to be played between the 3rd and 4th quarters. It could turn into a really cool thing in time.

My only request is that people put their cowbells down during this, and let's go a Capella with this. I got chill bumps during it.

Hoping they will keep this up for the Auburn game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3-5TVm76Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEXSiFzOfU

Cabo32
10-06-2014, 08:02 AM
I can't stand journey..and that song is the most over rated piece of garbage ever made...having said that--whatever gets the crowd amped up going into the 4th quarter is fine by me

godlluB
10-06-2014, 08:24 AM
I don't like Journey either, but at least they aren't playing Neil Diamond.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
It kind of has a loser feel to it. Almost like we're so used to trailing going into the 4th quarter that our mantra is "don't stop believing" that we can win, ha.

But hey, whatever works to unite the fanbase. I'm cool with it.

FlabLoser
10-06-2014, 08:32 AM
At Auburn, they sing Living On A Prayer.

Seeing that kick-6, it must have worked.

WinningIsRelentless
10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
What we need to do is have tryouts each year for a couple students to be hype men and let them control the music.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2014, 08:33 AM

Haha didn't know that.

TheRef
10-06-2014, 08:41 AM
What we need to do is have tryouts each year for a couple students to be hype men and let them control the music.

I nominate Glotron

http://vimeo.com/21429551

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 08:57 AM

Then let's start playing some hymns and put a priest in the dj booth

maroonmania
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Man, tough crowd, we got folks hating on Journey, one of the best classic rock bands of all time, and "Don't Stop Believing" haters which is the most downloaded song of all time (or at least was). Sounds like a great tradition to me other than I will agree the song has been very much overplayed through the years. But whatever, haters gonna hate.

Cabo32
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=maroonmania;263340]Man, tough crowd, we got folks hating on Journey, one of the best classic rock bands of all time,...

That there's fightin words...how big a boy are ya

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm not a fan of the song but that was awsome. It reminded me of of "You Will Never Walk Alone" for Liverpool. If you have never watched a Livepool game tune in pre-game or in the last 5 minutes of a Liverpool game sometime. It can be spine tingling sometimes. A spontaneous rendition by the fans at halftime in Istanbul sparked the greatest ever comeback win at the Champion's League final a few years ago. If the fans will sing the Journey song, them do it.

maroonmania
10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=maroonmania;263340]Man, tough crowd, we got folks hating on Journey, one of the best classic rock bands of all time,...

That there's fightin words...how big a boy are ya

In popularity, there is no question they are toward the very top and one of the best, doesn't mean YOU have to like them. Steve Perry is a classic voice in music, don't see how that can be denied. I'm sure there would be plenty of bands YOU like that I wouldn't give 2 cents to hear.

DudyDawg
10-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Like them or not, you know the words to that song, and in a huge game you cannot help but sing with everyone else. I love it.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Like them or not, you know the words to that song, and in a huge game you cannot help but sing with everyone else. I love it.

This,

I realize that we all like different types of music, but that moment was awesome. Some may find it corny, but it's a pretty cool tradition that has started.

hdc
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I also hate Journey and that song. We might as well be playing some Air Supply song. BUT.....it was pretty cool having everyone in the stadium singing.

ghostofjackie
10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I also hate Journey and that song. We might as well be playing some Air Supply song. BUT.....it was pretty cool having everyone in the stadium singing.

You people don't like Journey? What is wrong with you people?

Would Nickelback please you better? pshhh

sandwolf
10-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Based on what I was told by someone in the Athletic Department who is heavily involved with all of the game day coordination, that song is specifically requested by Mullen and it is not going anywhere.