PDA

View Full Version : Game day guest

StarkVegas
10-05-2014, 10:42 PM
I have a good friend that is a journalism major a Missouri and he is interning with ESPN right now. He just texted me and told me that ESPN has been in contact with Morgan Freeman's people to see of he would do gameday. Who knows if it will work out but that's just what I heard.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
That would be awesome

civildawg
10-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I want someone that has a connection to the university not just Mississippi

StarkVegas
10-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah I was thinking John Grisham but ESPN probably wouldn't want him because he is an author so he isn't as recognizable as an actor or musician would be

justwin
10-05-2014, 11:04 PM
I totally agree, get an MSU person.

There's only One....Will "The Thrill" Clark. Think it would be cool to have a baseball guy chatting with the boys & picking games.

Would be awesome if Gameday worked in a 5 minute "fluff" piece on MSU baseball ala Wright Thompson's homage to his dad's 50 yard seats last Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Again....

Morgan Freeman is an MSU guy. He funds an endowment at MSU

The Morgan Freeman Endowment for Veterinary Medicine
Fund # 500817

Mr. Morgan Freeman established the scholarship because he recognized that Mississippi State University has a strong commitment to educating young Mississippians for the continued economic growth of the state and the nation. This includes making a quality education available to students from diverse cultures and backgrounds. This scholarship was established in part because Mississippi needs minority veterinarians to help meet the state’s medical and research needs. This scholarship helps ensure that promising minority students are offered a quality education and the opportunity to study veterinary medicine and hopefully contribute to Mississippi’s continuing economic growth.

You can find that info here:

http://www.cvm.msstate.edu/giving/funds

Does Will Ferrell, Christopher Wolken, and Faith Hill fund an endowment on campus?

Statefan
10-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Love MSU baseball, but Morgan Freeman is 10000000x a bigger deal. I don't know how many million people will be watching but it would be awesome to have him representing us on national television

Dawghouse
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I believe we also have a building that bears his name. An equine center or something. If he's on Gameday for us he will forever be an MSU person from that day forward for the rest of the country.

Never hurts to have God on your side.

http://i.giphy.com/J4JN1fW9HsOHu.gif

Smitty
10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
James Earl Jones if the top choices fall thru?

DeShea could probably line up Soulja Boy*

CadaverDawg
10-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Freeman was my top choice...hope it happens.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2014, 11:27 PM
WOW, the little Caesars guy loves MSU. haha. That's awesome

deadheaddawg
10-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Morgan Freeman has also donated to the Mississippi Horse House in Starkville. He has horses he brings there. He is absolutely connected to State. He would be a home run get. (maybe even get him to bring his buddy Eastwood with him)

EnterpriseDawg
10-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Please God let this happen. Morgan Freeman is a home run.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2014, 05:04 AM
He used to do the OM tv commercials.

hailmari
10-06-2014, 06:53 AM
He used to do the OM tv commercials.

Money talks.

jalakin
10-06-2014, 07:16 AM
I think he is also a big donor to their Arts programs and is on the board of Directors for their theater. Seems like he enjoys being well connected to positively advancing all the universities in Mississippi.

mjh94
10-06-2014, 07:51 AM
He has also donated to the MSU library, I believe. He donated a bunch of money and in return, as a favor to him, the library staff cataloged/rearranged his personal library at his home.

Johnson85
10-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Seems like he enjoys being well connected to positively advancing all the universities in Mississippi.

That's 17ing crazy. He needs to pick a side if he's going to be the guest picker on our Game Day.**

DawgInMemphis
10-06-2014, 08:40 AM
It would be funny if Freeman was our guest picker for a sign to say something about him being on College Gameday in Starkville being on his bucket list, whereas Gameday in Oxford was not.

I seen it dawg
10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Morgan Freeman has also donated to the Mississippi Horse House in Starkville. He has horses he brings there. He is absolutely connected to State. He would be a home run get. (maybe even get him to bring his buddy Eastwood with him)

Dirty Harry would be outstanding.

Bucky Dog
10-06-2014, 09:30 AM
I would still love to get Will Ferrell to come in character. The crowd would go nuts and the GD crew wouldn't stop laughing. I'm ok with Freeman or Grisham though.

Bully Dee Williams
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM
We gonna flip Morgan Freeman! ***

DawgHouseUnited
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
I feel that this may be appropriate to consider...

http://youtu.be/mEFwkS9j2Zw?t=51s

Start @ around 0:48 and let it run.

thunderclap
10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Fine. I'll do it.

Morgan Freeman
10-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Can confirm baby!

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Can confirm baby!

God, is that you?

mstatefan91
10-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Can confirm baby!

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m374g98Z0E1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

BogeyGolfer
10-10-2014, 05:48 AM
I have a good friend that is a journalism major a Missouri and he is interning with ESPN right now. He just texted me and told me that ESPN has been in contact with Morgan Freeman's people to see of he would do gameday. Who knows if it will work out but that's just what I heard.

I think gameday is a big deal and I'm glad we have it but who really cares who the guest picker is? It really doesn't matter. I think FSU had some ex- volleyball player. I wish ours was Coach 34, at least it would be entertaining.

dawgoneyall
10-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Yes, yes, yes.

IMissJack
10-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Holy crap it amazes me that we have fans that can't see this is a NATIONAL show that needs a national celebrity. NOONE outside of MS that is under 35 remembers Will Clark (as much as I love him). We have few alums that are nationally recognized, we need the biggest celebrity available.

Dawgology
10-10-2014, 08:10 AM
WOW, the little Caesars guy loves MSU. haha. That's awesome

I have my sources... Don't let him fool you into thinking he gets in the game with a media pass

dawgpound
10-10-2014, 08:40 AM
I would love Morgan Freeman but isn't he an OM fan? I know he did some commercials and goes to some of their sporting events. I want someone with Mississippi State ties, not just donating some money here.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2014, 08:50 AM
I would love Morgan Freeman but isn't he an OM fan? I know he did some commercials and goes to some of their sporting events. I want someone with Mississippi State ties, not just donating some money here.

This is the only reason I would be against it. I know i have read of him being in ads and going to games and other events there. and yes I know he has donated money to our vet school.

maroonmania
10-10-2014, 09:07 AM
So was the Faith Hill thing just a joke? I was good with her. Morgan Freeman would be good too except I do associate him more with OM from the commercial voice overs he has done for them. At least both have Mississippi roots which is a lot more than can be said for Katy Perry.

Coackjek
10-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Whoever it is, everyone on set must have a "swag chalice"

MaxedOutMaroon
10-10-2014, 09:27 AM
I still have Jerry Rice as my top (Starkville born and his mother still lives here and he frequently visits), BUT.... I could dig Morgan Freeman!

Smitty
10-10-2014, 09:43 AM
We could get Lorde

http://wp-images.emusic.com/assets/2014/10/lorde-south-park-200x175.jpg

shrimp
10-10-2014, 09:46 AM
I heard a rumor that Snoop Dogg was in Starkville last night.

Vandelay Industries
10-10-2014, 09:52 AM
We could get Lorde

http://wp-images.emusic.com/assets/2014/10/lorde-south-park-200x175.jpg

I watched this episode last night, I love Randy

Mjoelner34
10-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Holy crap it amazes me that we have fans that can't see this is a NATIONAL show that needs a national celebrity. NOONE outside of MS that is under 35 remembers Will Clark (as much as I love him). We have few alums that are nationally recognized, we need the biggest celebrity available.

^THIS^ times eleventybillion! MSU alumni, fans and Mississippians will already be watching. This is about drawing in outsiders and like it or not, Ole Miss hit a homerun. I've seen the Katy Perry skit linked on 3 or 4 national news sites this week. Pick Clark, Paps, Grisham or Rice, it won't even be on the WCBI sports broadcast. Of all of the names (rumors) I've seen, I would rank them like this:
1. Farrell and/or Walken (in character)
2. Snoop Dogg
3. Freeman or Wahlberg
4. Harrelson, Hill or Rice
5. Some MSU alumni that 1% of the target viewing population outside the state of Mississippi has ever heard of or cares about.
We're (the MSU fanbase) already fired up. I may be wrong but I think a guest picker should lure those in who may not otherwise watch or at least wouldn't watch as long. It'll be the fans creating pre-game and game atmosphere along with the play of the team that will sell our university, not the guest picker. The guest picker should hopefully draw viewers in and then it's up to US to keep them here.

dickiedawg
10-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Faith Hill thing was not a joke. She was contacted, but apparently that fell through. I jumped the gun.

maroonmania
10-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Faith Hill thing was not a joke. She was contacted, but apparently that fell through. I jumped the gun.

Hate that, she was actually my favorite of the names being thrown around.

dickiedawg
10-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Hate that, she was actually my favorite of the names being thrown around.

It made a lot of sense. I now honestly have no idea, and they're announcing at Cowbell Yell. It's hard to imagine it going that far without being leaked, especially since they have run-throughs and whatnot today. Someone will spy him/her. (Unless it's Kermit.)

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Still holding out for MORE COWBELL!

Bigedawg
10-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Papelbon was on OOB this morning and said that he would be attending Cowbell Yell tonight. My money is on him although "the lifestyle" seemed to think that Robin Roberts would be it.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Papelbon was on OOB this morning and said that he would be attending Cowbell Yell tonight. My money is on him although "the lifestyle" seemed to think that Robin Roberts would be it.

It appears that all of the bigger names were unavailable on such short notice, so we are going with Paps. Not that Papelbon isn't a big name, I think he will be very entertaining....just won't appeal to as many people as a Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman, Robin Roberts. I highly doubt Papelbon would be going to Cowbell Yell just to go.

msstate7
10-10-2014, 11:44 AM
It appears that all of the bigger names were unavailable on such short notice, so we are going with Paps. Not that Papelbon isn't a big name, I think he will be very entertaining....just won't appeal to as many people as a Snoop Dogg, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman, Robin Roberts. I highly doubt Papelbon would be going to Cowbell Yell just to go.

Guess the Phillies' fans will show up to boo*

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Anyone mentioned Jermaine Jones from US soccer? He lived in Greenville when he was a kid, but I have no clue if he even cares about football. That would be a pretty damn good get IMO.

godlluB
10-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I hear Todd Gurley's not busy tomorrow. He's pretty famous.

Dawg61
10-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Awesome!! I love that it's Papelbon!! Get him more involved and invested with MSU. He's climbing the ladder as an all-time closer with over 300 saves. Maybe he can mention the new baseball stadium. He is hilarious imo too. There's zero questioning his ties and loyalty to us. He is 100% MSU!!

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Hopefully we play the Irish music when he comes out....

http://youtu.be/uu43lbTrvOQ

Coach34
10-10-2014, 12:55 PM
I was still hoping we'd get Russell Brand

mstatefan91
10-10-2014, 01:00 PM
It may be him but just because he is showing up at Cowbell Yell doesn't mean anything. He could just be coming because this is the biggest MSU football home game in history. Funny how that doesn't occur to some of you

Chinchilla
10-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Anyone mentioned Jermaine Jones from US soccer? He lived in Greenville when he was a kid, but I have no clue if he even cares about football. That would be a pretty damn good get IMO.

Is that true? I thought he lived in Germany his whole life?

Either way, his New England Revolution are playing at Montreal tomorrow, so that's impossible.

ETA: Never mind. Wiki say you are correct. Lived in Chicago and Greenwood as a child.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 01:09 PM
It may be him but just because he is showing up at Cowbell Yell doesn't mean anything. He could just be coming because this is the biggest MSU football home game in history. Funny how that doesn't occur to some of you

Sure it occurs to us....but what doesn't occur to you, is that maybe it would be better for everyone to think it's Papelbon and then get a National Celebrity, than to expect Snoop Dogg and get Will Clark. Have you thought of that?

Plus, if you were a MLB star and came back home to Starkville, would you go to Cowbell Yell just to hang out? I can think of a million places Papelbon would probably rather be on Friday night if he is in town for the game Saturday.....so I will stick to my feeling that Paps is our GameDay guest picker.

mstatefan91
10-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Sure it occurs to us....but what doesn't occur to you, is that maybe it would be better for everyone to think it's Papelbon and then get a National Celebrity, than to expect Snoop Dogg and get Will Clark. Have you thought of that?

Plus, if you were a MLB star and came back home to Starkville, would you go to Cowbell Yell just to hang out? I can think of a million places Papelbon would probably rather be on Friday night if he is in town for the game Saturday.....so I will stick to my feeling that Paps is our GameDay guest picker.

I can't answer what Papelbon would want to do. Maybe he would like to go to Cowbell Yell and experience a gigantic pep rally that will last for an hour or so. Enjoy what is going on at his university. You don't know him personally. How can you say that he would rather do something else?

Plus, why get personal in this Cadaver (when I said you, I meant in general to the board)? I was just pointing out that it may or may not be Papelbon and that he may be here just to enjoy the game. It has gotten kind of annoying that people are saying a name and others are running around with it like it's the gospel truth.

Your first statement sounds like something a bear would say. (control the masses) You need to go get a drink or something

Boya
10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
It's 100% Paps and I think he will be great.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 01:26 PM
I can't answer what Papelbon would want to do. Maybe he would like to go to Cowbell Yell and experience a gigantic pep rally that will last for an hour or so. Enjoy what is going on at his university. You don't know him personally. How can you say that he would rather do something else?

Plus, why get personal in this Cadaver (when I said you, I meant in general to the board)? I was just pointing out that it may or may not be Papelbon and that he may be here just to enjoy the game. It has gotten kind of annoying that people are saying a name and others are running around with it like it's the gospel truth.

Your first statement sounds like something a bear would say. (control the masses) You need to go get a drink or something

Personal? What are you talking about? I think you must have taken something the wrong way. I have heard it is Paps, so I'm just getting people ready for that news. I didn't mean anything I said in a "personal" way....just sharing info. And your "Bear" statement? Again, what?

I'm hearing it's Paps, and I don't want to just jump out and say it as if it's 100% truth, so I'm preparing folks. If that makes me a Bear, then I really don't even know what to say. Not sure how you took that as me "getting personal"...definitely not the way I meant it.

mstatefan91
10-10-2014, 01:27 PM
It's 100% Paps and I think he will be great.

If it is, then I'm all for it. I've just heard this statement above about 5 different times in the past two days.

mstatefan91
10-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Personal? What are you talking about? I think you must have taken something the wrong way.

This is very possible. Running on very little sleep. I'm going to take a nap now and get ready for Cowbell yell.

Boya
10-10-2014, 01:30 PM
If it is, then I'm all for it. I've just heard this statement above about 5 different times in the past two days.

Consider it leaked. Great pick for MSU!

Now let's move on to the game!

maroonmania
10-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Paps is fine. Won't have broad appeal like a Faith Hill or Morgan Freeman type but he at least has a lively personality.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 01:33 PM
This is very possible. Running on very little sleep. I'm going to take a nap now and get ready for Cowbell yell.

Understood. Nothing personal meant by it. It's all good

Bully Dee Williams
10-10-2014, 01:38 PM
By the way Lee Fitting is talking, I don't think it's Paps. It sounds like someone bigger.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Just an FYI on the Pap's interview...when he mentioned riding up to the game, he said he was riding up with Paul Malholm and someone else I didn't hear clearly. I could be wrong, but I think he's just coming up for the weekend with some of his baseball buddies.

Alldawg
10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
That's 17ing crazy. He needs to pick a side if he's going to be the guest picker on our Game Day.**

This ^^^^^^^. He has already been to Oxford to lead the Hotty Toddy a few years back, there is no reason to pick a guy just because of MS ties

mparkerfd20
10-10-2014, 01:44 PM
If it's Paps I'm severely disappointed. Talk about a bunt popup dropped error to first when TSUN hit a HR.

Dawg61
10-10-2014, 01:51 PM
If it's Paps I'm severely disappointed. Talk about a bunt popup dropped error to first when TSUN hit a HR.

No what's disappointing is to have possibly the greatest tits in America doing Gameday showing zero cleavage.

mparkerfd20
10-10-2014, 01:54 PM
No what's disappointing is to have possibly the greatest tits in America doing Gameday showing zero cleavage.

True. True.

BulldogDX55
10-10-2014, 02:46 PM
I was talking to the Gameday EP an hour ago. He had no idea who it was.

Spider-Man
10-10-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't think it's Paps. Heard he was just going to Cowbell Yell in hopes of being the first 1,000 in to get a Stark Vegas shirt.

Maroon Blood
10-10-2014, 03:44 PM
John Bond will make the announcement of the guest picker tonight at Cowbell Yell.

BulldogDX55
10-10-2014, 04:09 PM
John Bond will make the announcement of the guest picker tonight at Cowbell Yell.

Just spoke to Bob Carskadon. He doesn't know. Only ESPN does. This is an insane level of secrecy.

DawgHouseUnited
10-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Just spoke to Bob Carskadon. He doesn't know. Only ESPN does. This is an insane level of secrecy.

Katy Perry's back for an encore***

RC3
10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Lee fitting was just in Finebaum and confirmed they had someone lined up. Said he had more trouble than normal getting it done. Sounds like they just got it figured out. No real secrecy

Eta: he didn't drop any hints. Wouldn't even say if it was a male or female, but assured they'd be entertaining

Aces High
10-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I know who it is. It is a letdown but a good person for perception.

Ill say this. They have been "mentioned" on state boards this week and no it isnt jamie lynn spears.

Jack Lambert
10-10-2014, 05:21 PM
It's Christopher Walken. I am calling it now. Watch ESPN and everytime they show Miss State they have the qoute "More Cowbell".

32 Dive
10-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Peeping Croom, or Peeping Spears?

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 05:30 PM

Ill say this. They have been "mentioned" on state boards this week and no it isnt jamie lynn spears.

And you would hide this for what reason?

State82
10-10-2014, 05:33 PM
And you would hide this for what reason?

That's what I'm saying. Get outta here with that bush league stuff. Seriously? And I couldn't care less about who it is. In fact, tomorrow will be the first time ever that I have even watched Game Day.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2014, 05:42 PM
It's Condoleeza Rice. We're buttering up the selection committee members.

BossDawg
10-10-2014, 05:52 PM

By all means, please keep it to yourself. Don't want those MIBs at your door if you let it slip.

MrKotter
10-10-2014, 06:21 PM
By all means, please keep it to yourself. Don't want those MIBs at your door if you let it slip.

He's not saying because he probably doesn't know

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2014, 07:10 PM
He's not saying because he probably doesn't know

If ace says he knows. He knows. He provided what info he could but isn't going to break the news and burn his sources. Chill guys.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 07:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Turdus-migratorius-002.jpg

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 07:25 PM
If ace says he knows. He knows. He provided what info he could but isn't going to break the news and burn his sources. Chill guys.

Yo Scooba, any odds this weekend?

State82
10-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Then just what is the reason for mentioning it? I swear some people on hear sound like the high school kids that hang around at my house with my daughter. And they all aggravate the crap out of me.

maroonmania
10-10-2014, 07:30 PM

weak but whatever.

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 07:33 PM
still holding out for Ferrell or Walken

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 07:34 PM

I don't get it?

RC3
10-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Robin Roberts is what he is suggesting

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 07:36 PM

ahhhh. I gotcha.. thank you sir.

maroonmania

Yep, because we know its not Robin Williams.

Aces High

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Yep, because we know its not Robin Williams.

Too Soon? Im thinking too soon

preachermatt83
10-10-2014, 07:38 PM

full of information... lol jk

sleepy dawg
10-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Actually, it's Josh ROBINson.

ChevChelios
10-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Buck showalter... amirite... what did i win?

msstate7
10-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Buck showalter... amirite... what did i win?

Just goes to show how big of an event/game this is. Buck's headed down to starkville with the Orioles in the alcs***

sbcmortgageman
10-10-2014, 08:15 PM

Nope.

Smitty
10-10-2014, 08:50 PM
It wouldn't be The Oprah would it?

AlSwearengen
10-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Dear God. I'm sure something like Gameday in Mississippi is beneath her though. I'd rather have jamie lynn spears.

msstate7
10-10-2014, 08:58 PM

I've been on the opinion that anyone is fine with me, but please God don't be Oprah

Todd4State
10-10-2014, 09:47 PM
I highly doubt Oprah will ever come back to Mississippi again. Sadly, she was molested when she was a child in Kosciousko and wants nothing to do with Mississippi from what I have heard. I love Mississippi, but it's hard to blame her.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Somebody just tweeted that Morgan Freeman was in town. As long as the rumors are welcome, I will throw it out there. He has been my favorite from the start, I would be pumped if Morgan was the man

yjnkdawg
10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Somebody just tweeted that Morgan Freeman was in town. As long as the rumors are welcome, I will throw it out there. He has been my favorite from the start, I would be pumped if Morgan was the man

+1

Dawg61
10-10-2014, 10:09 PM

Man ESPN is really keeping this close to the vest. It's 10 hours from Gameday and we still don't know.

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 10:09 PM
So apparently they just told the crowd that they weren't announcing the guest picker tonight. Won't find out til morning

civildawg
10-10-2014, 10:10 PM
That picture is photoshopped big time

Dawghouse
10-10-2014, 10:14 PM
So apparently they just told the crowd that they weren't announcing the guest picker tonight. Won't find out til morning

kinda crappy IMO. Use the announcement as bait to get people to show up then don't tell them. Trolls suck

CadaverDawg
10-10-2014, 10:14 PM
That picture is photoshopped big time

Figured as much. At this point, the only person we know is in town is Papelbon. And it doesn't look like he's the guest picker. So now....we wait some more.

Ha, This has all the makings to be pretty anti-climactic

Dawg61
10-10-2014, 10:15 PM

Good lord is it President Obama? Why all the secrecy

yjnkdawg
10-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Good lord is it President Obama? Why all the secrecy

LOL- My thought too, Dawg61 .... I hope this is just to set up for a big, earth shocking announcement that will blow Katy Perry's Grove away.

Bucky Dog
10-10-2014, 10:44 PM
It's gonna be Ferrell. In character ringing his bell. At least that's what I'm hoping for. It's gotta be him with all if the secrecy.

Dawg61
10-10-2014, 10:47 PM
It's gonna be Ferrell. In character ringing his bell. At least that's what I'm hoping for. It's gotta be him with all if the secrecy.

Ok now I'm being greedy and hope it's Ferrell and Walken in full character

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
10-10-2014, 10:58 PM
I get the feeling it's an underwhelming guest picker, and they didn't want to risk killing the mood and possibly having some boo-birds at Cowbell Yell. I can't see us not announcing and/or someone leaking if it was a home run celeb.
Hope I'm wrong though. Honestly it could be Candy Man for all I care - I'm just amped up for the game regardless of anything that goes down on College Gameday.

starkvegasdawg
10-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Just saw a FB rumor Ferrell was spotted in Corky's. At this point who knows. After all these rumors watch it be JWS.

662dawg
10-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Marky Mark

sbcmortgageman
10-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Marky Mark

Listen to this man.

HailState39110
10-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Listen to this man.

Mark Walhberg would be great. Good actor with star power

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2014, 07:32 AM
Regardless, who the guest is, State will host gameday as well as anyone in the country. But you can bet your last dollar. Every OM mouthpiece from Memphis to Mobile will tell you OMs Gameday was the best ever in the history of the show. They are already spinning the Kirk H staying in Oxford and flying to college station afterwards. As if Kirk choose to leave for their game.

Anyway.....we are about to engage in a heavy weight battle. We are about to know Auburn the .... out!

SWC_MSU
10-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Mark Walhberg would be great. Good actor with star power

Heard on Wednesday from someone with decent connections to the program (not great) that it looked like a done deal it would Mark Walhberg but hadn't heard any other talk about it to feel confident it would be him. Starting to think this is who it will be. If so, I think its great. He's a good dude.