PDA

View Full Version : I'm here to eat my crow on Mullen's coaching earlier this season.

Lloyd Christmas
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I was one of the people whining about the 1a 1b system earlier this year...well Dan has made me look like a dumbass. We had the starting center out along with our best slot receiver and we didn't miss a f**kin beat. That's depth building.

It's crow I will gladly eat.

BulldogBear
10-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Caw! Caw! Caw!

shoeless joe
10-05-2014, 10:24 PM
You will only have to eat a small amount...cuz there are plenty others to share that crow with!

It was obvious what he was doing. Whether someone agreed with it was a matter of opinion.

KB21
10-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Next man up.

It's the mantra the Seahawks used last year on their way to the Superbowl. One guy goes down, and the next guy steps up without the team missing a beat.

Todd4State
10-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Depth building is one reason I advocate a manageable schedule. I understand that watching us blast UAB is not the most exciting thing ever from a football standpoint- but beating LSU and Texas A&M hopefully makes up for it. Not to mention we will most likely play someone very interesting in our bowl game this year.

Playing a manageable schedule has helped us keep Dak and Josh Robinson fresh as well. Along with everyone else.

Pollodawg
10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Depth building is one reason I advocate a manageable schedule. I understand that watching us blast UAB is not the most exciting thing ever from a football standpoint- but beating LSU and Texas A&M hopefully makes up for it. Not to mention we will most likely play someone very interesting in our bowl game this year.

Playing a manageable schedule has helped us keep Dak and Josh Robinson fresh as well. Along with everyone else.

I am right there with you on the schedule. We just beat the #8, #6, and are about to face the #2 team in the country. People want to make this harder?

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 11:37 PM
I am right there with you on the schedule. We just beat the #8, #6, and are about to face the #2 team in the country. People want to make this harder?

Once aGAIN, we could legitimately have the #1-3 teams in the nation not just in our conference, but in our DIVISION. Making the schedule harder is ridiculous and the fools who suggest it should be culled from the herd. If you win our division, you'll have played 6-8 BCS quality games. That's more than enough. Even before you go play in the SECCG.

RC3
10-06-2014, 01:25 AM
I'll have a piece as well

Reason2succeed
10-06-2014, 06:54 AM
I will eat my slice because I was calling for Mullen's job because he seemed to lose big games through on field coaching decisions. He has made up for it. I think I'm going to blame Koennig now.*** Mullen's play calling has been much better since we let him go. And look how the Longhorn's offense looks.