PDA

View Full Version : A few observations from the game and......

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2014, 08:16 PM
watching it on TV for the first time today: I'm just gonna throw these out there in no particular order. I thought going in the keys to winning would be our offensive line being able to cope without Day and getting pressure on Hill. I thought if we did that we might edge them out. I never saw a blowout coming. We did both of those. The secondary played its best game yet against what might be the best offense we will see all year. They were far from perfect but they kept A&M in front of them for the most part. What can you say about Dak. People are going to run out of words to describe how good he is if he keeps going. We have the best receiving corps I hhave ever seen at MSU. They are good and there are a bunch of them. JRob is an elite back. He may not be a blazer but he is perfect for what we do.

As for the game experience, wow, just wow. The Junction was crazy and the Dawg Walk was the best, biggest, and loudest ever. The crowd was loud and hung on every play even when we were up big. The student stayed till the end and did what a student section is supposed to do. Hats off to everyone there. The only downer was the stupid jumbotron. I hate that thing. All in all though what fantastic day. The only game I have ever been to in person that compares to it was the 1991 basketball game with LSU. Now we get to do it again for bigger stakes and possibly in not so nice weather. I think next week is going to top this week by a mile!!!!!

smootness
10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
watching it on TV for the first time today: I'm just gonna throw these out there in no particular order. I thought going in the keys to winning would be our offensive line being able to cope without Day and getting pressure on Hill. I thought if we did that we might edge them out. I never saw a blowout coming. We did both of those. The secondary played its best game yet against what might be the best offense we will see all year. They were far from perfect but they kept A&M in front of them for the most part. What can you say about Dak. People are going to run out of words to describe how good he is if he keeps going. We have the best receiving corps I hhave ever seen at MSU. They are good and there are a bunch of them. JRob is an elite back. He may not be a blazer but he is perfect for what we do.

As for the game experience, wow, just wow. The Junction was crazy and the Dawg Walk was the best, biggest, and loudest ever. The crowd was loud and hung on every play even when we were up big. The student stayed till the end and did what a student section is supposed to do. Hats off to everyone there. The only downer was the stupid jumbotron. I hate that thing. All in all though what fantastic day. The only game I have ever been to in person that compares to it was the 1991 basketball game with LSU. Now we get to do it again for bigger stakes and possibly in not so nice weather. I think next week is going to top this week by a mile!!!!!

I agree with everything you said, it was all awesome...except this. Robinson is fast as crap, I don't know why people keep saying this.

DudyDawg
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
There is a difference between fast and blazing fast. Robinson is fast. He runs like a horse. Fast and powerful. Guys like holloway and graham are blazers. Run like cheetahs. Just flat out top end speed. Robinson isn't that. He's fast, and hits holes hard and fast, but not elite speed. He's still perfect though.

smootness
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
There is a difference between fast and blazing fast. Robinson is fast. He runs like a horse. Fast and powerful. Guys like holloway and graham are blazers. Run like cheetahs. Just flat out top end speed. Robinson isn't that. He's fast, and hits holes hard and fast, but not elite speed. He's still perfect though.

I get that Robinson may not have top-end track speed like Holloway, I get that. But he is on the 'fast' end among RBs, so I don't know why people feel the need to point out that he isn't ultra-fast unless they actually believe he is more of a plodder.

It's like saying Adrian Peterson 'isn't a burner but...' He has elite acceleration and plenty of speed. He won't get caught from behind ever. On his long run yesterday, the defender was ahead of him and had the angle, he didn't get out-run.