PDA

View Full Version : It's already started with Auburn fans

MetEdDawg
10-05-2014, 06:50 PM
My dad already tried to show how great Marshall was against LSU compared to Dak. Said "did you see the yardage comparison of the two QBs against LSU?" Almost the same yardage but Marshall did it on half as many carries. 16 carries to 22 carries is hardly half.

It was hard to address so much fail in my father's statement via text message, but I did it anyway. Then I laughed because it's already started on Sunday. Auburn fans have a few guys that I am privy to (connections yo) that are the biggest sunshine pumpers in the world of college football. Auburn could be 0-11 with 35 of their two deep injured and starting a practice squad QB against #1 Alabama in Tuscaloosa and some of their people would legitimately predict a win because they think they would be overlooked by Alabama. They all already think it will be a cake walk in Starkville this weekend.

But it's very telling that I have already had a few people text me defending Auburn or pumping how great Auburn is. I think they are finally legitimately scared. They aren't good at being frontrunners like they are now at #2. They started either 2003 or 2005 at #4 and got run out of the building by USC in week 1 and lost to GA Tech week 2. They are already starting to challenge me without me having to say anything. That's when you know you have a legit football team.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I would say there is a very loose comparison between playing LSU at night at their place and playing them at home.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2014, 07:54 PM
The difference is we were on the road and Auburn was at home. When we were on offense there was 100k plus yelling. When they were on offense not a sound from 88K.

gravedigger
10-05-2014, 08:04 PM
My only response to them is "whatever makes you feel better".

Once the train hits them, nobody is going to care much about WHY.

But tell your dad that its refreshing he isn't using the "illegal cowbell" excuse.

TrapGame
10-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Go over to genes and see these bastards coming outta the woodwork like roaches. They're all saying Marshall will light up our secondary although A&M was the #1 offense and they are the #36 offense in the country (and we are #20!). They are the most delusional pricks I've ever encountered.

Dawgowar
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I just smile and tell them "You got nothing to worry about then." Wish them well and move on. Scoreboard is going to be the only retort they understand. I remember in 1999 watching Vick and Virginia Tech's run. All the east coast teams in their Big East Conference and the ACC neighbors (UVA and UNC in particular) were in total denial they were running the table. Week six Syracuse come rolling in ranked. Vick hit them 62-0. They stomped Miami and the old school powers panicked. Put their hopes on West Virginia. When Vick engineered a come from behind win they began crying about how unworthy Tech was to go to the Sugar Bowl that year.

I am going to enjoy this run no matter what the detractors say, but beating Auburn handily would be epic. I mean stomp them like that 62-0 to the point they could not make one damn excuse.