PDA

View Full Version : And so the cowbell bitching begins

Lloyd Christmas
10-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I really hate these idiots. (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=13224284) We did a pretty damn good job of following the rules against A&M.

TrapGame
10-05-2014, 06:34 PM
I'll respond to their question with my own:

Why is AU still allowed to cheat and buy players? Shouldn't that be stopped?

Douches.

TheRef
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
They do realize that the rules changed, right?

IMissJack
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I wish would have a "no bells" game, kind of like a maroon out, this week, and beat the crap out of AU without the bells to shut them up.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2014, 06:41 PM
It's been said before. Nobody cares about the cowbells when we lose. This just goes to show some of the AU fan base is scared of us. They are not looking forward to this game like years past. We are not an automatic W on the schedule any more.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Cowbells didn't score 48 points.

archdog
10-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Everyone in my section rang and then stopped when the center got over the ball. Matter of fact, if you were in the stadium, it was very obvious 99% of the fans were playing by the rules. The problem is that you could have 1 out a 500 ringing and the mics pick it up as if we are all ringing. If you have ever sat in a skybox you will know that the cowbell sound is very focused at the upper levels due to the overhang and everyone pointing their cowbells up.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2014, 06:45 PM
We obey the cowbell rule. However aginst Auburn a 50k fine is ok with me.

RougeDawg
10-05-2014, 06:47 PM
One of, if not the top, dirty college football orphans of all time has fans bitching about someone not following the rules? That is comical.

Reason2succeed
10-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I really hate Auburn. Aren't they the ones who got cowbells banned the last time. We beat them and their butt hurt AD went crying to the SEC.

thf24
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
They do realize that the rules changed, right?

Maybe not. Just last week I talked to three different fans of other SEC teams in the office who didn't know the cowbells have been legal in a limited capacity for the last 2+ seasons.

Bothrops
10-05-2014, 07:00 PM
we stop ringing cowbells when Auburn stops the bad environmental practice of rolling trees, fair enough?

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I really hate Auburn. Aren't they the ones who got cowbells banned the last time. We beat them and their butt hurt Head Coach Shug Jordan went crying to the SEC.

FIFY

TheRef
10-05-2014, 07:16 PM
RT @bmarcello: Sammie Coates on MSU's cowbells: "It's crazy. I hate those bells."

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Let the Barners take the field to "Ring Those Bells".

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 07:21 PM
It's been said before. Nobody cares about the cowbells when we lose. This just goes to show some of the AU fan base is scared of us. They are not looking forward to this game like years past. We are not an automatic W on the schedule any more.

This. It's not a problem so long as we know our place and roll over for the conference elites. But when we have the audacity to actually win, they throw a fit. I mean surely we don't win because we're a good team or were better that day. Nope, we win because of the cowbells.

boarmassage
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Yeah the cowbells really help us win. I mean, we just have this great history of winning and being elite.

TrapGame
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM
We obey the cowbell rule. However aginst Auburn a 50k fine is ok with me.

Better spent on cowbells than rushing the field.

grinnindawg
10-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Close. They actually won the game in Jackson.
However, they didn't think they beat us bad enough.

They complained and the bells were gone.
I was there. It was loud, but the main issue was us almost winning.

I've lived in Alabama for 29 years.
Most Auburn fans: "Those bells are cheating, they should be outlawed."
Every Bama fan:"Don't see what the big complaint about the bells is, not like they've helped y'all through the years."

Mutt the Hoople
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
They make a big deal out of such a "big war hero" Shug Jordan was...how he stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day...yet he whined like a baby over our Cowbells. Guess if the Krauts had rung Cowbells on D-Day we'd all be speaking German.

M.Fillmore
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Close. They actually won the game in Jackson.
However, they didn't think they beat us bad enough.

They complained and the bells were gone.
I was there. It was loud, but the main issue was us almost winning.

I was at that game when Shug Jordan cried. Yes it was loud, but I have been at Bryant-Denny multiple times when it was markedly louder. BD can really hurt your ears. As many people here have said: the cowbells aren't a problem until people have to find an excuse for why they lost.

hells bells
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
They can kiss my cowbell in the center of it's ass.