PDA

View Full Version : Great article about the Regionals. Says State got a raw deal among other things...

CadaverDawg
05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I know the "toughest Regional" stuff has been worn out, but I didn't realize just how tough of a draw we got. This article is by some guy in Nashville and it breaks it down by a couple of different numbers like Boyd's ISIR and RPI. Interesting.

http://sportsandentertainmentnashville.com/thethrillofvictory/posts/winners-and-losers-of-the-ncaas-regional-pairings

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-29-2013, 10:03 PM
I dont care about rpi. Ill take our draws over having a clemson or arkansas as a number 2.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we dont win this regional. Which is insane considering how awful our starting pitching is.

Coach34
05-29-2013, 10:13 PM
I dont care about rpi. Ill take our draws over having a clemson or arkansas as a number 2.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves if we dont win this regional. Which is insane considering how awful our starting pitching is.

I agree with my ambiguously gay friend here. Gimme a more balanced regional over one with a better#2 seed anyday

None of them have the depth that we do- and it's not close

RBritt
05-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Coach, are you going to the regional?

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Yup. Who wants to face wahl in game 2? As bad as that rain out was, look how moving wahl around has screwed them.

Sandman14
05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
yeah it's been said in other threads. the talking heads... I'm sure UVA is just quaking in their boots over the potential to face USA or Central Arkansas in the Supers. They are literally melting down over that potential...

Gag a maggot. These teams are nothing more than solid. We are supposed to be a regional host. Arkansas is arguably (not by merit but by actual strength) a top 8 team in the nation. They've played bad but damn. They can beat anyone in the nation. USA can't beat "anyone in the nation." In fact, they haven't beaten shit this season.

Sandman14
05-29-2013, 10:56 PM
MERCER!!! LOOK OUT!!!

CadaverDawg
05-29-2013, 10:57 PM
MERCER!!! LOOK OUT!!!

I hope this doesn't turn out like many of your other posts have lately**

Mercer may be better than South Alabama

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Im not saying we will make a super but it could be worse. There isnt a dominant team in our regional. We have a good draw imo

tenureplan
05-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Im not saying we will make a super but it could be worse. There isnt a dominant team in our regional. We have a good draw imo

Should we advance, we have a greater chance of facing a #1 than any of the other 15. So not only do we have the most balanced regional, we are paired with the most unbalanced. Forget about a super in 'Vegas.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Should we advance, we have a greater chance of facing a #1 than any of the other 15. So not only do we have the most balanced regional, we are paired with the most unbalanced. Forget about a super in 'Vegas.

This.

I would rather have this than say a Clemson as a 2 seed, too....but it's the Virginia draw and their joke of a Regional in combination that really makes it even worse.

Coach34
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Coach, are you going to the regional?

Cant make this weekend-if somehow we end up with a Super- I'll be there early Friday though

Spider-Man
05-30-2013, 08:29 AM
While the teams in our regional have a relatively strong RPI. I agree with the others here about not having a strong 2 seed. I like our draw as opposed to having Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Oklahoma, Rice, or Miami (FL).

Spider-Man
05-30-2013, 08:33 AM

UNC Wilmington isn't a total pile of shit. They somehow managed to beat North Carolina this year. That's our best bet, but I'm not holding my breath.

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 09:42 AM
I was pissed when we first got our draw because the 'experts' told me I should be- ya know, RPI and shit. But, upon further inspection I think we have it made- these teams may have a few quality pitchers, but they will have a big dropoff if we can get into their pens (after one or two guys).

Sandman14
05-30-2013, 10:01 AM
I hope this doesn't turn out like many of your other posts have lately**

Mercer may be better than South Alabama

First, Cohen is an idiot for screwing with our rotation. But yes I actually came back into that thread and ate my crow.

As far as mercer being arguably better, who cares? We only play the winner.

But to go ahead and put a fork in you on this topic, I hardly think you'll dispute that we would rather have mercer at the 3 as opposed to the FLORIDA GATORS.

Sandman14
05-30-2013, 10:10 AM
And as far as being pissed about UVA's easy draw, gimme a break. UVA got one of the harder super regional matchups in being a national seed and having to go against the SEC's no. 3. So yeah, they deserve an easy regional draw. Same with UNC. I have no problem with that. Personally, I'd rather have a tougher regional and an easier super. But to be stewing over the "lost potential" that an upset could happen and we could host a super...that's really splitting hairs. That's worrying about something thats a very low likelihood anyway. We had control of that and blew it when we dropped 2 of 3 to ole miss. What goes on in UVA's regional is not even worth speaking on. That's just trying to prop up this bogus argument that we have the toughest regional.

Only thing that makes

Sandman14
05-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Or breaks this topic is "who are your top 2 teams." in our regional, USA is one of those top 2, so it's not that hard of a regional.

Ronny
05-30-2013, 10:26 AM
..can Vanderbilt stomp around all season like the cock-of-the-walk, be constantly heralded as perhaps the best program in the nation with the best pitching staff, etc. yet still whine about their regional?

If you are tough shit like Vanderbilt, you should be welcoming all comers.

Not having some hack writer write a woe-is-us article about your unfair regional draw.

I looked at Vandy's regional bracket & I didn't see LSU or North Carolina. Or anybody worth a crap at all, for that matter.

Here's Vanderbilt's "unfair" regional:

34-25 Georgia Tech.

34-18 Illinois.

36-22 East Tenn. State.

Yep, you really got ****ed over Vandy.

Poor Vandy.

During the season you're the strutting badbass but once regional bids go out, you run & hide behind your mama's skit.

Looks the the oft mentioned "pussification of America" currently has its epicenter in Nashville, TN.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2013, 11:03 AM
But to go ahead and put a fork in you on this topic

Haha, please read and comprehend before posting so much.

You completely missed my sarcasm in that first post to you. Lighten up man, I'm fine with our draw...we will win. Just linking an article.

Sandman14
05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
I wasn't meaning it offensively, cadaver. just horsing around since you were too...I know I came strong and came up completely empty on the Graveman debate. It happens.

As for Ronny, geez, Georgia Tech is a good squad. The ACC is the second best conference and has the most host sites. I definitely think Vandy has much room to complain. Look how easy LSU and Virginia got it, and VAndy gets Georgia Tech? In the last months, Ga. Tech has beaten FSU TWICE, Miami, beaten UNC TWICE, beaten Clemson, and beaten UVA TWICE. I'd say that's a much better ballclub that most other national seeds are dealing with.