View Full Version : Defensive Numbers

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 02:48 PM
#2 in the Nation in RedZone Scoring Defense
#5 in nation in opponent's 3rd down conversion %
#10 in the nation in tackles for loss
#4 in the nation in interceptions
#11 in the nation in rushing defense
#5 in the nation in rushing TDs allowed (only 2 all year)
#11 in the nation in yards per rush
#20 in the nation in completion percentage
#12 in the nation in 4th down conversion %
#14 in the nation in sacks

Teams have thrown on us 45.8 times per game, second most in the nation. They can't run, and they're playing catch up. We're going to see a lot of passes thrown against us this year. We've given up 9 TD passes, but we also have 9 INTs.

I seen it dawg
10-05-2014, 02:57 PM
And most of the Tds are on trash.

DudyDawg
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Between one of our DEs and a rotating LB, we have five picks. Crazy

smootness
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Our defense is great. I think the three best defenses in the SEC are State, Ole Miss, and Bama, and I'm not sure of the order yet. But we're as good as we want to be. I don't think anyone else will stop A&M like that all year.

We'll find out this week whether ours or Ole Miss' is better. I have a feeling they give up at least 30-40 (legitimate points, we only gave up 17) to A&M.

Coach34
10-05-2014, 03:14 PM
B-b-b-b-but Kenny Hill and Sumlin??????

hailmari
10-05-2014, 03:15 PM
And most of the Tds are on trash.

Truth. And I almost wanna blame the late TDs yesterday on the ridiculously long wave we had going in the stadium. Distraction?

messageboardsuperhero
10-05-2014, 03:15 PM
#2 in the Nation in RedZone Scoring Defense
#5 in nation in opponent's 3rd down conversion %
#10 in the nation in tackles for loss
#4 in the nation in interceptions
#11 in the nation in rushing defense
#5 in the nation in rushing TDs allowed (only 2 all year)
#11 in the nation in yards per rush
#20 in the nation in completion percentage
#12 in the nation in 4th down conversion %
#14 in the nation in sacks

Teams have thrown on us 45.8 times per game, second most in the nation. They can't run, and they're playing catch up. We're going to see a lot of passes thrown against us this year. We've given up 9 TD passes, but we also have 9 INTs.

Yep. This is what I've been saying for two weeks.

People will look at our passing yardage numbers and think our secondary is a weakness. While it may be the weaker point on the defense relative to our front 7, teams are throwing more passes on us than just about anyone else in the country- because 1) nobody can run on us at all and 2) everybody is playing catch-up from the beginning of the game. Plus a good chunk of those yards are coming in garbage time.

Todd4State
10-05-2014, 03:21 PM
B-b-b-b-but Kenny Hill and Sumlin??????

We killed Kenny.

We're bastards.

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep. This is what I've been saying for two weeks.

People will look at our passing yardage numbers and think our secondary is a weakness. While it may be the weaker point on the defense relative to our front 7, teams are throwing more passes on us than just about anyone else in the country- because 1) nobody can run on us at all and 2) everybody is playing catch-up from the beginning of the game. Plus a good chunk of those yards are coming in garbage time.

yep. over 45 passes a game. under 2 per game going for a TD. I'll take that ratio the rest of the year too.

UMCDawg16
10-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Can someone figure up how many points we have given up to UAB,LSU and TAMU in garbage time? Wonder what our stats would be if we hadn't given up those plays.

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
14 against A&M
19 against LSU
7 against UAB

You could say a lot more against UAB because a lot came against our 2nd defense while we had the game in hand, but it was only 7 fourth quarter points during garbage time.

DudyDawg
10-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Although those were garbage Tds and against subs, yesterday showed why we did it. Guys like Evans and Coman got valuable experience and that all showed yesterday with our guys not wearing down really at all.

Bully Dee Williams
10-05-2014, 04:06 PM
I have absolutely no worries about our secondary and pass defense. The dbs were tackling machines, they kept the plays in front of them, and reacted really well to everything that ATM threw at them. The first td was a bit of a missed tackle for Cox and Noil made a tremendous play on one of the other TDs. their other scores were garbage. The fact is that our front seven dictates the game and pretty much does whatever they want whenever they want.