PDA

View Full Version : 8 years ago

deadheaddawg
10-05-2014, 01:37 PM
8 years ago on on this date both State and Ole Miss were 1-4 and would go on to finsh last in the SEC West. We had Croom and Coach O leading us. Now look at us. Hail Toddy and Hotty State

smootness
10-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Hail State. Ole Miss is legitimate, especially on defense, but I hope they lose by 50 Saturday.

Goat Holder
10-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Not sure about you, but I see no reason to get into this state unity bullshit. My loyalty is to Mississippi State University, where-ever 'Our State' may be - LA, MS, AL, GA, it matters not. I love MS, it is my home state, but I care nothing for Ole Miss. I'm happy today because of what we accomplished.

But as most of you already know, I am not a part of the hive-mind in any way, shape or form.

mstatefan91
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
8 years ago on on this date both State and Ole Miss were 1-4 and would go on to finsh last in the SEC West. We had Croom and Coach O leading us. Now look at us. Hail Toddy and Hotty State

Get out of here with that shit

Bully Dee Williams
10-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Not sure about you, but I see no reason to get into this state unity bullshit. My loyalty is to Mississippi State University, where-ever 'Our State' may be - LA, MS, AL, GA, it matters not. I love MS, it is my home state, but I care nothing for Ole Miss. I'm happy today because of what we accomplished.

But as most of you already know, I am not a part of the hive-mind in any way, shape or form.

No desire at all to be united with OM. Screw them!

I hope the Aggies come out fired up and pissed off Saturday.

messageboardsuperhero
10-05-2014, 01:52 PM
UM is has a really good team this year, and that D is legit- I can certainly admit that.

But I'll be damned if I ever root for them. This state unity shit ain't happening for me.

smootness
10-05-2014, 02:04 PM
No desire at all to be united with OM. Screw them!

I hope the Aggies come out fired up and pissed off Saturday.

Agreed. The reason I was upset they beat Bama was not because it diminished our win at all but because instead of 'What a great day for Mississippi State' it became 'What a great day for the state of Mississippi', which is annoying.

But it will take care of itself. Beat Auburn and have them lose to A&M, and we'll be the only thing anyone is talking about.

Boston
10-05-2014, 02:09 PM
To hell with UMiss.

deadheaddawg
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Oh i hope they lose next week, but there is no denying we are getting extra positive press right now thanks to both being good. Plenty of stories being written that wouldn't if it was just us. Enjoy the extra attention right now and let us separate ourselves as the year goes on

I seen it dawg
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
No we aren't. Our press doesn't have shit to do with those asshats. Our press is coming because people are seeing we are the best damn team in the country. **** them.

Boston
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
^^^^^ what he said

Percho
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
A post I made on another board:

I was hoping they would lose 62- 0 but them winning after the sorry no call by the officials did not bother me. Maybe the only thing I dislike more than the rebs is inconsistency by those in authority.

the SEC office may have a little work to do this week. I would say they fell last week as did those on the field in the OM Ala game.

Will add here, hope they get beat 62 - 0 next week.