PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Greatest Day In Mississippi Football History Edition

Coach34
10-05-2014, 11:10 AM
1. Did anybody else party like it was 1999 last night? This was me when the kids came in to wake me up this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CblwoFMPs

2. This was me most of the day yesterday:

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/kid.gif?w=1000

3. How many of you were nervous after watching that first A&M drive? My boy Slickdawg sure was. I'm not sure why A&M has so much success on that 1st drive every week. It's obvious good coaching is part of that- but defenses just seem to come out tentative against them for some reason. We certainly changed our mentality on D after that 1st drive.

4. Speaking of that 1st TD for A&M- guess what defensive playcall it came off of? You got it- the CB blitz. It still remains the worst call in defensive football.

5. The effort we are playing with right now is a joy to watch. We threw the quick screen out to the right to Myles- and suddenly into the picture you see MoJo blocking his man into the A&M water cooler. That's the kind of effort that wins you championship football games. That is getting the absolute most out of your team. That's the way we are playing this season and I love it.

6. 81 showed why coaches are reluctant to put true freshmen back catching punts. Either you are in or you are out on those types of punts Smokey. He hesitated and it cost him a turnover. Mullen didnt flinch though and threw him right back out there for the next one.

7. Beautiful back shoulder throw to Wilson yesterday for a big gain. Bear continues to get better every week and is a match-up nightmare for defenses. We put him in the slot again for his TD catch and he just overpowered the safety who tried to jam him- knocked the guy down. Dakota slipped the throw in there low and Bear just went down and got it. You cant put a LB'er on him because he will run away from him and leave him. He is going to out physical any SS you put on him. I love him in the slot.

8. A&M was trying to play physical and jam our WR's. So we started stacking our WR's in a doubles set. It led to some easy throw and catches on slant routes to the underneath WR. Nice adjustment by our staff.

9. Gus Walley continues to play well. Excellent blocker with good hands. It's role players like this guy that make our offense good.

10. How about our OL yesterday? Didnt even miss Day really. Proud of the way Desper played. I knew Beckwith would play well- but Desper did a really good job stepping in. Just remember who told you this was the best OL Mullen has had in his tenure. It's pretty obvious by now. 289 yards at half yesterday. Didnt even need any adjustment time did we? I wasnt real happy with Clausell letting that Freshman work him over a few times though- even though the guy for A&M is probably Chris Jones level good.

11. #RTGDF- 289 yards on the ground yesterday. 51 runs to 26 passes. That is the perfect ratio I'm looking for. I love it.

12. We played with 5 in the Box yesterday on defense alot. It gave them a few runs and allowed Hill to slip away and run a few times- but overall I liked the gameplan. When you can play 5 in the box and they still struggle to run on you- you're pretty damn good upfront. we have the best Front 7 in the SEC- there is not even a doubt about that anymore. Ole Missus has the best Secondary. Magnolia State has some bad SOB's playing defensive football in 2014.

13. A&M was always sliding the DL to wide side of the field- so Mullen kept running into the boundry. It worked for nice chunks of yardage. Take what they give you.

14. A&M's WR's had alot of drops because we were punishing their ass when they caught it. Really good job on defense yesterday. I kept trying to tell everyone our Secondary is pretty good- dont let stats fool you because we have given up some garbage TD's this year. I will give credit to Hack, Bulldawg28, and some others that kept saying Redmond was our best cover guy before the season. He damn sure is. He is looking good out there.

15. Props to the RebelBearSharks. They pulled it off yesterday. Biggest day in Mississippi football history. The two best teams in the West very well could be in this state. I cant even fathom an undefeated Egg Bowl- it would probably set a record for fan fights. Better search for tickets now if you plan to go- wont be any left to be had soon. I made my reservations for Atlanta this morning- I suggest you do the same.

16. Dakota is going to be in NY for the He15man presentation. I dont know if he can win the damn thing- but let it sink in- he is almost assured of being there. He is going to keep playing well- and he is going to light up Kentucky, Vandy, UT Martin, and UPig. Just an incredible season he has going. 336 yards and 5 TD's yesterday- without his Center and 3 year starter at Slot. That shows our depth, that Merlin really can recruit, and how good he really is.

17. We are about to be ranked the highest we have ever been in any of our lifetimes. Enjoy Dawgs. You too CoastGeezer.

In Mullen We Trust,

C34

Vandelay Industries
10-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Solid summary, the gif of that kid gets me every time. Agree about Redmond, he was all over the field yesterday

basedog
10-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Also the Aggies were determined to stop the run up the middle and had a "Spy" on Dak, so we were able to get on the corners all day! Great adjustment by our staff!

Logan Cooke had an impressive day for a Freshman and 1st time starting!

Man do we ever more need a FG kicker?

Gabe Myles showed flashes of how good he will be in the future!

Depth on this team my be the best in the country!

EdDawg
10-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I love that Dan trusts Myles, if that was Jameon aTm would probably have been ready for the throwback pass, but they never saw it coming with Gabe.

FlabLoser
10-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Redmond is a complete CB. He covers well, has speed, and hits like a LB.

I'm really at a loss for words to describe the state of MSU football and hrs college landscape.

I'll say this..this is a different MSU team. It believes and expects to beat each team they play. Fans too. We don't just make #WeBelieve signs and wish that were true. No longer do players and fans quietly wonder how we're going to let a big win slip away. Instead, our team and fans expect True Maroon to run out there with some swagger and kick ass for 57 minutes.

There's not a team in the country we can't beat. This is ****ing awesome.

HailState39110
10-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Saw where Kentucky beat S Carolina. Trap game for sure but just like TAMU we have a bye week before going to Lexington. This schedule sets up very good for is to go at least 9-3 this year. I think we knock off either Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss ,go 10-2 and end up celebrating the new year at Disney World in Orlando at the Cap One Bowl

FlabLoser
10-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Saw where Kentucky beat S Carolina. Trap game for sure but just like TAMU we have a bye week before going to Lexington. This schedule sets up very good for is to go at least 9-3 this year. I think we knock off either Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss ,go 10-2 and end up celebrating the new year at Disney World in Orlando at the Cap One Bowl

What's this 9-3 or 10-2 bullshit?

Coach34
10-05-2014, 11:50 AM

exactly

I seen it dawg
10-05-2014, 12:08 PM
9-3 and ****ing 3?? We are the best damn team in the country. Period. Bring em all on. We play FSU in the Sugar Bowl playoff and treat the ****ing criminal Winston like a lb of crab legs.

AlSwearengen
10-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Coach, in your opinion,which team do we match up the best with between auburn and alabama? Don't factor in where we play each one, just match ups. Also, how do we matchup with olemiss at this point?

DudyDawg
10-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Cleveland has been really good too. I was mainly impressed with the open field tackling. Not many times they beat the first guy, and if they did, they never really beat the second.

Saw some serious NFL throws from Dak. The TD to Fred brown was a bullet and that back shoulder to bear was as good a throw as you'll see on Sundays. He threw some people open yesterday.

Quaoarsking
10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
9-3 would be a pretty big disappointment at this point.

BrunswickDawg
10-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Exactly! From this point forward until proved otherwise I have an attitude that we WILL be 14-0! I expect to win out.

godlluB
10-05-2014, 12:52 PM
I was just talking with my son this morning and we were going over the remaining games, and I said that 9-3 was the worst record I could see us having. Then I said "but 9-3 would be a disaster".

Then it hit me that I'd actually said 9-3 would be a disaster for Mississippi State football.

Wow.

Coach34
10-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Coach, in your opinion,which team do we match up the best with between auburn and alabama? Don't factor in where we play each one, just match ups. Also, how do we matchup with olemiss at this point?

I think we match-up with Auburn better because they dont throw the football all that well. Alabama can throw it a little bit better than Auburn and makes them a little tougher to defend.

99jc
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I was just talking with my son this morning and we were going over the remaining games, and I said that 9-3 was the worst record I could see us having. Then I said "but 9-3 would be a disaster".

Then it hit me that I'd actually said 9-3 would be a disaster for Mississippi State football.

Wow.

Nm

shannondawg
10-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Another question for Coach. Did Bama just play like crap, or was it ole miss making them look like they did?

Boston
10-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Bama had a piss poor game plan. All they had to do was line up and run right at them.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
I was not nervous after the first drive. My son was but I told him they will make adjustments, Texas A&M was going to score and get yardage. It kind of reminded me of the 1997 Alabama game when they drove down field and score with ease on the first drive of the game but then State opened up the butt whipping.

SheltonChoked
10-05-2014, 02:12 PM
You misspelled 15-0. Sound like yAll will have good seats Brunswick.

shannondawg
10-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Another question for Coach. Did Bama just play like crap, or was it ole miss making them look like they did?

Do you think Saban may have words with his oc Kiffen?

Jack Lambert
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
I think we match-up with Auburn better because they dont throw the football all that well. Alabama can throw it a little bit better than Auburn and makes them a little tougher to defend.

Alabama will be our toughest test from here on out. Not saying the others are not going to be tough but Alabama is going to be a tough one.

Mutt the Hoople
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
14. A&M's WR's had alot of drops because we were punishing their ass when they caught it. Really good job on defense yesterday. I kept trying to tell everyone our Secondary is pretty good- dont let stats fool you because we have given up some garbage TD's this year. I will give credit to Hack, Bulldawg28, and some others that kept saying Redmond was our best cover guy before the season. He damn sure is. He is looking good out there.

We played decent in the secondary, but they didn't look like they were really putting the hurt on anybody. A&M was dropping a lot of passes in the first half when they still had a shot and before the effects of hard hits would give receivers alligator hands. That said, we finally started getting pressure on Kenny Hill around the second quarter.

Coach34
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
They had 2 WR's limp off the field after getting the hell knocked out of them. They weren't enjoying their day at all

I seen it dawg
10-05-2014, 02:38 PM
And alligator arms. Their whole team got their damn labias stomped in.

Coach34
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Ole Miss played as well as they could- and I thought Kiffin's play calling was shit. What a terrible job by him coming out of a bye week. It also surprised me that Memphis got more pressure on Bo Dirt than Bama did. Made it easy on him

SheltonChoked
10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
The alligator arms from hard hits come the time after the hard hit. It's not, in my experince cumulative. I promise. One big hit and you'll start thinking I don't want any more of that. And that's what we saw.

Percho
10-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Bama had a piss poor game plan. All they had to do was line up and run right at them.

Why can no one see this. Memphis would have had a better chance if they would have just run the ball between the tackles.

BrunswickDawg
10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
You misspelled 15-0. Sound like yAll will have good seats Brunswick.
Math is a foreign concept to a History Majors. Yeah, I owe D big time for this. Gonna be awesome!

TrapGame
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Ole Miss played as well as they could- and I thought Kiffin's play calling was shit. What a terrible job by him coming out of a bye week. It also surprised me that Memphis got more pressure on Bo Dirt than Bama did. Made it easy on him

I think Kiffen may be fired midseason. He's taken that offense down to a below average Sun Belt performance.

NorCalDawg
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Two words: Lane Kiffin.

I don't know why anyone continues to give that guy coaching jobs. He hasn't been anywhere long enough to prove anything and has embarrassed every team he coached for in some way. I know he's a great recruiter, but even his recruiting has been stained by the fact he can't keep his mouth shut. Until he grows up and quits being so cocky and arrogant, it's always going to be a mixed bag with that guy.

shannondawg
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Thanks, I needed that. I can't trust my judgment when it comes to either one of those teams.

Todd4State
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I think Kiffen may be fired midseason. He's taken that offense down to a below average Sun Belt performance.

Part of the problem is they insist on starting Sims at QB who does not fit their system at all.

I'm not defending Kiffen at all- especially when Coker fits their offense better. But they are going to struggle at times until they do something at the QB position.

NorCalDawg
10-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Good write up, Coach. This team gets progressively better each week and that's encouraging because the competition doesn't get much easier for the rest of the season. I like the way we're continually finding new ways to get playmakers involved. Myles, Graham, Fred Brown, even Holloway. A lot of weapons on offense. It adds an element of surprise for opposing teams.

Speaking of Holloway, shout out to him for his contribution, yesterday. For all the bad talk about Holloway this year, he ended up having a good day. It was good to see us get him out on the edges where he could light up his afterburners. I don't think we should ever have tried to send him up the middle.

So many good things about this team. I think this is going to end up being a very special year.

Martianlander
10-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Good write up, Coach. This team gets progressively better each week and that's encouraging because the competition doesn't get much easier for the rest of the season. I like the way we're continually finding new ways to get playmakers involved. Myles, Graham, Fred Brown, even Holloway. A lot of weapons on offense. It adds an element of surprise for opposing teams.

Speaking of Holloway, shout out to him for his contribution, yesterday. For all the bad talk about Holloway this year, he ended up having a good day. It was good to see us get him out on the edges where he could light up his afterburners. I don't think we should ever have tried to send him up the middle.

So many good things about this team. I think this is going to end up being a very special year.

I agree-I've questioned Holloway but right now he's our second best back.

FlabLoser
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Holloway did well because we blocked well. We don't have to pancake people. We just have to give him a crease to the second level.

This is exactly what made Percy Harvin look good. On nearly all of his big runs, they had hats on 10 people.

Coach34
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Bump by request