PDA

View Full Version : HE15MAN???

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 09:15 AM
I've seen a few heisman list updates this morning and none of them had Dak in their top 5. He has 5 TDs in a win over #6 A&M, including their heisman candidate QB, and gets nothing?

I don't get why there's not an MSU funded picture of him in Times Square going up right now (ok, maybe not that much, but something needs to be done). It's time to launch a Heisman campaign. It's good pub for the university whether he wins or not. He is being taken seriously, so now is the time to do it. If they don't promote it, he has virtually no shot.

drummerdawg
10-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Idk about any lists, but he's being talked about more than any of them right now. We beat auburn and I don't see how he is not the front runner.

TheRef
10-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I know right after the game the @HailStateFB account was tweeting #DakForHeisman and retweeting every writer who said that Dak is now one of the front-runners for the Heisman.

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Idk about any lists, but he's being talked about more than any of them right now. We beat auburn and I don't see how he is not the front runner.

Every single "Heisman update" or "watch list report" I've seen this morning does not include him. TO be fair, it's mostly been about the others losing, but everyone's top 5 should include him and right now I've seen several where he's not mentioned. Just bugs me that we aren't doing anything to get him squarely in the conversation. The team, fans, and he are all doing their part.

Dawg496
10-05-2014, 09:26 AM
The campaign is coming.

rcsteph1
10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
We need to capitalize on this matchup! Ive been looking at everything this morning and things are pretty quiet on him.

Dawg496
10-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Indeed. This is the week. We need 50 signs at game day.

WinningIsRelentless
10-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Heard it was a 6 figure donation made yesterday after the game just for this

rcsteph1
10-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Heard it was a 6 figure donation made yesterday after the game just for this

If so thats impressive! Use it wisely. This is the thing MS State football has never had (Top QB) @ least during my life.

mic
10-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Dak may be the clubhouse leader at this point...

Pollodawg
10-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Haven't you heard? We shouldn't do anything at all. It'll take care of itself......

bulldawg28
10-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Haven't you heard? We shouldn't do anything at all. It'll take care of itself......

I'm sure those guys have plenty of experience dealing with Heisman contenders...oh wait!!

DancingRabbit
10-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I've seen a few heisman list updates this morning and none of them had Dak in their top 5. He has 5 TDs in a win over #6 A&M, including their heisman candidate QB, and gets nothing?

I don't get why there's not an MSU funded picture of him in Times Square going up right now (ok, maybe not that much, but something needs to be done). It's time to launch a Heisman campaign. It's good pub for the university whether he wins or not. He is being taken seriously, so now is the time to do it. If they don't promote it, he has virtually no shot.

I realize the source is questionable but BR has him at #1

Was watching the video thinking "those SOBs are gonna leave him out", then he's featured as #1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2220752-heisman-watch-2014-top-5-rankings-for-week-6

Todd4State
10-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I would much rather spend money on a sign in Times Square than play on Thursday nights.

What Dak is doing is the kind of exposure we need to take advantage of. Just promoting him aggressively would do wonders for MSU.

smootness
10-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I certainly think a promotion campaign would be a good idea, but it really will take care of itself. And it already is. If we beat Auburn and Dak does what he's been doing all year, there won't be anyone in the country who doesn't have him #1 or #2 for the Heisman. And we haven't promoted much of anything officially.

preachermatt83
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
CBSsports has him listed #1

preachermatt83
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
http://CBSSports.com Heisman Watch: 1, Dak Prescott; 2, Todd Gurley; 3, Nick Marshall; 4, Melvin Gordon; 5, Amari Cooper.

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I know right after the game the @HailStateFB account was tweeting #DakForHeisman and retweeting every writer who said that Dak is now one of the front-runners for the Heisman.

Sadly, our administration likely thinks this actually constitutes a serious He15man campaign. We're winning Twitter, that's good enough.**

TheRef
10-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Sadly, our administration likely thinks this actually constitutes a serious He15man campaign. We're winning Twitter, that's good enough.**

They've been backing up all of their tweets with stats and continually showing the stats against Cam, JFF, & Tebow.

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 10:31 PM
They've been backing up all of their tweets with stats and continually showing the stats against Cam, JFF, & Tebow.

But aGAIN, how does that go beyond Twitter? A Twitter campaign is great, but that isn't enough by itself.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 01:54 AM
The country has seen him play at a very high level in two games. A third awaits, the toughest yet. If he performs again at the same level, he'll be number one on virtually every list. I trust the admin to strike the right balance. I dislike the hell out of the picture in Times Square idea. Not sure whether that was meant as hyperbole. I think the main thing is to make sure that the story is being told, and being told accurately. The leadership of his team is more important than stats. Winning is more important than all the rest of it. And authenticity.

Political Hack
10-06-2014, 06:48 AM
The country has seen him play at a very high level in two games. A third awaits, the toughest yet. If he performs again at the same level, he'll be number one on virtually every list. I trust the admin to strike the right balance. I dislike the hell out of the picture in Times Square idea. Not sure whether that was meant as hyperbole. I think the main thing is to make sure that the story is being told, and being told accurately. The leadership of his team is more important than stats. Winning is more important than all the rest of it. And authenticity.

Oregon did it very early and everyone made fun of it. Clearly hyperbole.

they need to start a mail campaign to every Heisman voter updating them on his story, recent accomplishments, stats, etc... They need to start booking him every interview he can get. he should be the face of the program every chance were given. He should visit the Gameday set this weekend. he should be the first player to conduct interviews after the game. he should be talking to local and regional press every day. there should be full pager ads in national newspapers advertising MSU football with him as the poster child.

And while the mention of the billboard in Times Square was hyperbole, it was because it's too early to spend that kind of money. But, they damn sure shouldn't rule it out yet either. The ROI on a HE15MAN for State would be incredible.

drunkernhelldawg
10-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Oregon did it very early and everyone made fun of it. Clearly hyperbole.

they need to start a mail campaign to every Heisman voter updating them on his story, recent accomplishments, stats, etc... They need to start booking him every interview he can get. he should be the face of the program every chance were given. He should visit the Gameday set this weekend. he should be the first player to conduct interviews after the game. he should be talking to local and regional press every day. there should be full pager ads in national newspapers advertising MSU football with him as the poster child.

And while the mention of the billboard in Times Square was hyperbole, it was because it's too early to spend that kind of money. But, they damn sure shouldn't rule it out yet either. The ROI on a HE15MAN for State would be incredible.

I just think that's too much. And I don't think it will help or matter that much. I feel that it could hurt our cause. People don't actually believe advertising anymore; this is still The Age of Skepticism. I say let people see with their own eyes. Our job is to make sure do see. I'm sure that all know how they experience a personal backlash toward being oversold on anything. Not to mention that Dak's best chance to win the Heisman comes from performing well and winning games; that's a lot on his plate right there.