PDA

View Full Version : SEC coaches vote 13-1 to stay at 8 league games

Coach34
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
per twitter. Saban is the Lone Ranger

Political Hack
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
he can quit playing NLU if he wants a harder schedule.

AlSwearengen
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
good

engie
05-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Hence exactly how/why ESPN nor anyone else can force it down our throats... We'll make the change whenever we're damn good and ready to do it -- and it will be accompanied by something else, such as a 13 game overall schedule or something similar...

With the playoff, the SEC Championship game is nothing but a hindrance. More times than not, that losing team will deserve to be in the top 4 and in the playoff, but miss out due to losing the last game in Atlanta. That's bullshit that will have to be addressed in some manner...

Dawgface
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
per twitter. Saban is the Lone Ranger

Saban can go screw himself. As PH said, let him drop the easy non-conference games and schedule OU, USC, Ohio St and Oregon.

fishwater99
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM
With the playoff, the SEC Championship game is nothing but a hindrance. More times than not, that losing team will deserve to be in the top 4 and in the playoff, but miss out due to losing the last game in Atlanta. That's bullshit that will have to be addressed in some manner...

I agree, and the BCS needs to be an 8 team playoff if we still have the SEC Championship game.

FlabLoser
05-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Hence exactly how/why ESPN nor anyone else can force it down our throats... We'll make the change whenever we're damn good and ready to do it -- and it will be accompanied by something else, such as a 13 game overall schedule or something similar...

Wasn't there a year when a team who didn't even make the SECCG made it to the BCSCG?

CadaverDawg
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Wasn't there a year when a team who didn't even make the SECCG made it to the BCSCG?

Had to have been when LSU and Bama played in the "rematch" National Title Game a few years back, right? Since both were West teams

War Machine Dawg
05-29-2013, 04:31 PM
For all the good the coaches' vote does - i.e., none. We've seen over and over and over and over and over that it's the AD vote that matters. The coaches' vote is just for show.

Original48
05-29-2013, 06:45 PM

Engie, I'm fairly certain I read that with the passion and pissedoffedness in which it was typed. And I concur.

Drugdog
05-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Les Miles said of the 13-1 vote,
It was unanimouis decision by the coaches. Got to love Les.

Pollodawg
05-29-2013, 08:43 PM
For all the good the coaches' vote does - i.e., none. We've seen over and over and over and over and over that it's the AD vote that matters. The coaches' vote is just for show.

Yep. Coach's votes mean nothing. If they did, we would have no SECCG to begin with.

engie
05-29-2013, 10:35 PM
ADs aren't going against the coaches on this one -- and people are fooling themselves if they think they will. Many of these coaches are actually more powerful than their "bosses" -- and many ADs absolutely do not want to test those waters.