PDA

View Full Version : Left Field Lounge Walking Deck

theloungeinleft
05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Someone posted this question on 247 yesterday: "Is the walking deck right behind the outfield fence "fair game" to stand on if you have a ticket or do the people that have the trailers have rights to the deck in front of their respective trailers?"

A few people went back and forth saying it was or it wasn't, but no real answer.

I'm curious to know the right answer to this if there is one. Thoughts?

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Someone posted this question on 247 yesterday: "Is the walking deck right behind the outfield fence "fair game" to stand on if you have a ticket or do the people that have the trailers have rights to the deck in front of their respective trailers?"

A few people went back and forth saying it was or it wasn't, but no real answer.

I'm curious to know the right answer to this if there is one. Thoughts?

That walking area "belongs" to the trailer that sits behind it.

state66
05-29-2013, 03:07 PM
That walking area "belongs" to the trailer that sits behind it.

I dont believe that our trailer is right behind the first row of trailers that are along the deck and we pay the same price to park our trailer as they do so no I would not say that deck is theres when everyone pays the same to have there trailers there. You might have some prick believe thats his deck cause its in front of his trailer but if you stay in between trailers you should be fine.

SaltyDawg
05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I dont believe that our trailer is right behind the first row of trailers that are along the deck and we pay the same price to park our trailer as they do so no I would not say that deck is theres when everyone pays the same to have there trailers there. You might have some prick believe thats his deck cause its in front of his trailer but if you stay in between trailers you should be fine.

But the point is you pay money to have your trailer there, so you do have a right to use the walking deck.

The original question was asking if Joe Schmo (who doesn't have a rig or know anyone with a rig) can buy a General Admission ticket and just take up space in front of your rig- that you pay money for. My answer is no. Besides the public area in right field- all the "walking deck" belongs to the rig(s) behind it.

engie
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Anybody that pays money for an outfield ticket pays for the right to watch from that deck. Now, common courtesy is a must here as far as blocking the view of others -- but to claim the deck as somehow property of the rig behind it is the individualized, "leave people out" bullshit that is wrong with the outfield in the first place. That deck should be clear of obstructions to walk around the entire outfield if one so desires. NO ONE "pays" to rent that deck. They pay(pennies on the dollar for what it's REALLY worth) to rent the space their lounge sits on. That's ALL they are guaranteed out there -- and all that is "theirs".

SaltyDawg
05-29-2013, 04:18 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about- blocking the view of people on the deck who own the rig behind it. I agree you should be able to walk around the deck the length of entire outfield, but we both know that's impossible.

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Anybody that pays money for an outfield ticket pays for the right to watch from that deck. Now, common courtesy is a must here as far as blocking the view of others -- but to claim the deck as somehow property of the rig behind it is the individualized, "leave people out" bullshit that is wrong with the outfield in the first place. That deck should be clear of obstructions to walk around the entire outfield if one so desires. NO ONE "pays" to rent that deck. They pay(pennies on the dollar for what it's REALLY worth) to rent the space their lounge sits on. That's ALL they are guaranteed out there -- and all that is "theirs".

So are you saying the decks that are attached to the rigs in row 2 belong to everyone as well? Because the deck in front of row one is their because they raised the fence ever how many years ago. The deck belongs to the trailer in front if it didn't they wouldn't have any space. I agree the cost is too little. Charge more. Charge way more. But the space is theirs. That's what they pay for.

engie
05-29-2013, 05:12 PM
So are you saying the decks that are attached to the rigs in row 2 belong to everyone as well? Because the deck in front of row one is their because they raised the fence ever how many years ago. The deck belongs to the trailer in front if it didn't they wouldn't have any space. I agree the cost is too little. Charge more. Charge way more. But the space is theirs. That's what they pay for.

If it "belonged" to the rigs, the rigs should be permanently attached to it. It was built around the field in order to provide a walking path for people to get around the entire outfield -- basically as a concourse. Hence why it actually goes around the whole outfield -- and is not just built in individual sections in front of individual rigs, which it would be if it's intended purpose was as you describe, where it would assuredly be fully sectioned off.

The row 2 decks belong to row 2 because they are generally built by and attached to their rigs. If row 1 wanted that, they should have built their rigs in such a way to manage it.

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 05:32 PM
If it "belonged" to the rigs, the rigs should be permanently attached to it. It was built around the field in order to provide a walking path for people to get around the entire outfield -- basically as a concourse. Hence why it actually goes around the whole outfield -- and is not just built in individual sections in front of individual rigs, which it would be if it's intended purpose was as you describe, where it would assuredly be fully sectioned off.

The row 2 decks belong to row 2 because they are generally built by and attached to their rigs. If row 1 wanted that, they should have built their rigs in such a way to manage it.

The reason it's not permanent is because they make them move out each year. Otherwise it would be. It wasn't built to be or intended to be a walk path to other rigs. Grills and other obstacles from ROW ONE prevent this. Why? Because it belongs to them. The university just built it for them because they are the ones who came in and obstructed the view.

codeDawg
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
The reason it's not permanent is because they make them move out each year. Otherwise it would be. It wasn't built to be or intended to be a walk path to other rigs. Grills and other obstacles from ROW ONE prevent this. Why? Because it belongs to them. The university just built it for them because they are the ones who came in and obstructed the view.

This is all correct. I'm sure some rigs won't mind if you ask if you can watch from there, but the desks are there for the rigs.

There is a large deck in right field and lots of grass space for walk-ins without a rig.

SaltyDawg
05-30-2013, 09:27 AM

Homedawg hit it right on the money.