PDA

View Full Version : Bears beat #1 but we're getting all the respect

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2014, 01:19 AM
Every 4 team projection I've seen this evening includes us. None have had the bears. Great day for the bears. Even better day for us. Obvious who the national media thinks is the premiere team in the state.

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2014, 06:27 AM
I think it's pretty simple. Ole Miss had a great win yesterday, and is a good team. However, if you watched the game, it's evident that it was still an upset.

However, MSU hasn't had an upset yet, because we are throttling top 10 teams.

How good are those top 10 teams? Idk, and that's yet to be seen. However, we are quickly running out of contestants.

EdDawg
10-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Exactly, the Bears had a good win, but maybe the media is finally looking at the teams objectively. This is not the Bama everyone is use to seeing. Personally I think Kiffin makes this very beatable that was a dumb hire.

That hire caused the entire bama offense to go against what they have mostly done since they have been there, Run The Ball. Kiffin's offense is more complex which hurts when you are a first year starter, then the line has to put more time in pass blocking which doesn't allow them to do what they were recruited for which is driving people off the ball.

Now looking at our games, we have dominated every team we have played. Our game yesterday was over with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Think about that, against ATM a #6 rank team and very dangerous quick strike offense it was over with 10 minutes left. Sumlin even knew it was over when he scored the late TDs. I told my wife he had thrown in the towel because he was kicking PATs when he could have gone for 2 and cut it to only a 2 possession game.

The bears can still talk all their trash about we still haven't beaten anyone. You know what we haven't JUST beaten anyone. WE have DOMINATED EVERYONE.

rbdog82
10-05-2014, 07:08 AM
This just goes to show you how useless preseason polls are.Assuming the first poll came out today (no preseason polls), I guarantee you'd see Ole Name for Plantation Owners Wife ranked in the Top 10 after beating Alabama, but they wouldn't be top 5 with one quality win. Good win for them. To your point, the media can't get enough of Dak, and that creates exposure for the school that is multiples more significant than any crazy marketing idea we come up with. Great day to be a Bulldog.

defiantdog
10-05-2014, 07:37 AM
We've dominated 2 straight games against top 10 opponents. Also, Our head coach expected to win.... There's cried. We are acting like we're supposed to be winning these games.... We also have a heisman hopeful

MSUDawg4Life
10-05-2014, 07:39 AM
This just goes to show you how useless preseason polls are.Assuming the first poll came out today (no preseason polls), I guarantee you'd see Ole Name for Plantation Owners Wife ranked in the Top 10 after beating Alabama, but they wouldn't be top 5 with one quality win. Good win for them. To your point, the media can't get enough of Dak, and that creates exposure for the school that is multiples more significant than any crazy marketing idea we come up with. Great day to be a Bulldog.

It also show how useless whining and crying about the lack of preseason rankings and "respect" is. All we had to do was win. All of the moaning, groaning, whining and crying was a waste of time.

msstate7
10-05-2014, 07:43 AM
It also show how useless whining and crying about the lack of preseason rankings and "respect" is. All we had to do was win. All of the moaning, groaning, whining and crying was a waste of time.

Exactly. Its sweeter when you earn the hype

Pollodawg
10-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Ummm. Bama wasn't number one.

UMCDawg16
10-05-2014, 07:53 AM
To be clear, Bama was #3.

AlSwearengen
10-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Bears win described as SHOCKING! by espn. Their fans rushing the field, bucky crying, begging for game day, etc, etc. I won't be surprised at all if we are ranked two spots ahead of them and those spoiled shits will throw a temper tantrum of epic proportions and try to get our entire team suspended.

msstate7
10-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Bears win described as SHOCKING! by espn. Their fans rushing the field, bucky crying, begging for game day, etc, etc. I won't be surprised at all if we are ranked two spots ahead of them and those spoiled shits will throw a temper tantrum of epic proportions and try to get our entire team suspended.

Thru better be worried about elston being suspended. They're gonna need him this week

Jack Lambert
10-05-2014, 08:32 AM
We've dominated 2 straight games against top 10 opponents. Also, Our head coach expected to win.... There's cried. We are acting like we're supposed to be winning these games.... We also have a heisman hopeful

I think this it. We dominated and ole just got by. Also Alabama was not number one in both polls.

DownwardDawg
10-05-2014, 08:45 AM

^^^This

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2014, 08:52 AM

Depends on the poll you look at. You can rest assured had we beaten them yesterday more than our share of fans would say we had beaten a #1 ranked team. There are two main polls. One had them the best team in the nation.

hells bells
10-05-2014, 09:04 AM
I noticed this during that game. Had the 1 next to Alabama. When did they move up in the rankings to 1?

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I noticed this during that game. Had the 1 next to Alabama. When did they move up in the rankings to 1?
Coaches poll has them 1