PDA

View Full Version : Ben Beckwith: Most underrated O-lineman

mstatefan91
10-04-2014, 11:27 PM
How about Beckwith coming in and stepping up at center this week. Great job by him and the o-line as a whole.

msstate7
10-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Did desper start?

mstatefan91
10-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Did desper start?

I believe he did

msstate7
10-04-2014, 11:33 PM
I believe he did

Then he deserves some praise too. Really nice to see one of our young guys stepping up.

Everyone was worrying about bmac returning last season and with good reason. I think you could argue that beckwith's return has been even more important.

Reason2succeed
10-04-2014, 11:49 PM
He has to be considered for SEC OL of the week again. Who does that? Slide to center and dominate. AGAIN.

mstatefan91
10-05-2014, 12:05 AM
He has to be considered for SEC OL of the week again. Who does that? Slide to center and dominate. AGAIN.

Agreed. I'm not gonna lie. I was worried about our offensive rhythm with him at center, but we didn't miss a beat.

msstate7
10-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Agreed. I'm not gonna lie. I was worried about our offensive rhythm with him at center, but we didn't miss a beat.

Gotta give credit to everyone's least favorite coach, hev

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2014, 12:10 AM

Some of us tried to tell you we'd be just fine. I'm more concerned that Clayborn is barely playing. The guy was good enough to be starting last year, but suddenly can't crack the 2-deep this year? After Chris Jones said Clayborn consistently gives him trouble in practice? That doesn't pass the smell test for me.

mstatefan91
10-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Some of us tried to tell you we'd be just fine. I'm more concerned that Clayborn is barely playing. The guy was good enough to be starting last year, but suddenly can't crack the 2-deep this year? After Chris Jones said Clayborn consistently gives him trouble in practice? That doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I don't think you tried to tell me anything about Beckwith at center? I don't think I posted anything about Beckwith the whole two weeks leading up to the game. I kept my silence on that because that was something you wouldn't be able to know until game day.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Clayborn played in multiple series today & looked pretty good. I think you'll see his p/t increase as the season goes on.

EdDawg
10-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Clayborn played several series, but I could tell he hadn't played in several weeks. He seemed timid at times, whereas I was pleasantly surprised with Desper he had the higher motor between the two yesterday, but that's probably also due to getting a little PT in the last few games. I believe Clayborn was still shaking off the nerves, and we should see his motor and aggressiveness increase due to increased PT.

Percho
10-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Who had the false starts. I'm thinking Malone and Clausell.

Political Hack
10-05-2014, 12:32 PM
Clayborne, Malone, and Desper all looked great yesterday, which gives me a lot of hope for next year too. Losing Clausell, Day, and Desper is going to sting, but that makes me feel better.

Beckwith has to be OL of the year for us so far. His play against LSU and sliding over during the Auburn game makes it an easy choice.

hailmari
10-05-2014, 12:45 PM
We won't lose Desper, but I assume you meant Beckwith.

But yeah, Beckwith has done a heck of a job so far. Not bad for a former bear fan.