PDA

View Full Version : Mullen DOES need to speak to our entire team about holding onto the ball...

maroonmania
10-04-2014, 10:45 PM
until well after crossing the goal line on a touchdown. Watching the replays looks like Fred Brown did let go of the ball before breaking the plane today and Jay Graham flirted with doing the same thing in the opening game with USM running the blocked FG back for a TD. I don't understand what is so difficult about waiting until you are well into the end zone before dropping the ball? I know guys get excited but its uncalled for to even flirt with releasing the ball early. Someone needs to just speak to our team about being conscious of clearly crossing the goal line before letting go of the ball. Would hate to see us lose a score at some point down the line over something so careless.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 10:57 PM
until well after crossing the goal line on a touchdown. Watching the replays looks like Fred Brown did let go of the ball before breaking the plane today and Jay Graham flirted with doing the same thing in the opening game with USM running the blocked FG back for a TD. I don't understand what is so difficult about waiting until you are well into the end zone before dropping the ball? I know guys get excited but its uncalled for to even flirt with releasing the ball early. Someone needs to just speak to our team about being conscious of clearly crossing the goal line before letting go of the ball. Would hate to see us lose a score at some point down the line over something so careless.

We must have played REALLY well today if we are bitching about THIS!.

maroonmania
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Would only take our coaches about 5 minutes to drive this point home to our whole team and it might save us some misery down the line as its happened at least twice this year. Apparently doesn't take much in your book to qualify as "bitching".

mstatefan91
10-04-2014, 11:28 PM
I agree. A play like that would be looked at again in T-town

archdog
10-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Sit the ball down at the back of the endzone. Done.

bulldawg28
10-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Thank you fit your concern. Hailstate!!!