PDA

View Full Version : Back shoulder pass

FlabLoser
10-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Dak was eating aTm's lunch all day with back shoulder passes. I've not seen us do that as much as we did today. Time after time, I saw Dak throw to a guy who was blanketed by a DB, only for our guy to slow down and catch that back shoulder throw. It worked perfectly time and time again.

I also give props to the new wrinkles. The fake option plays that turned into reverses and stuff like that.

Our offense looks unstoppable on most drives.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2014, 10:47 PM
The back shoulder pass is uncoverable if you have a semi-accurate QB and a WR with some body control.

Our offense has become a "pick you poison"

You can stack the box to try and stop the run, but leave the WRs 1 on 1. Dak and our receivers have proven they can shred that.

Then, once you get wide to try and stop our pass, Dak or J Rob gashes you for 15 yards.

Additionally, we've Hollaway to the mix as a guy that can get around the edge when the defense packs in tight.

thf24
10-04-2014, 10:52 PM
The back shoulder pass is uncoverable if you have a semi-accurate QB and a WR with some body control.

Our offense has become a "pick you poison"

You can stack the box to try and stop the run, but leave the WRs 1 on 1. Dak and our receivers have proven they can shred that.

Then, once you get wide to try and stop our pass, Dak or J Rob gashes you for 15 yards.

Additionally, we've Hollaway to the mix as a guy that can get around the edge when the defense packs in tight.

This is huge because it makes us almost impossible to adjust to. It takes good coaching out of the game, which is what has beaten us a lot in the past. The defense can't key in on a specific facet of our offense, because we do it all well. They just have to line up and play us as hard and honest as they can, which more often than not isn't going to stop us.