PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous...

maroonmania
10-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Watching the end of the KY-SC game and are we the ONLY SEC school that prevents our fans from rushing the field??? Rushing the field after beating bad SC team? Really?

And, by the way, how in the world did SC ever beat GA because they are terrible.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Isn't it a fine to rush the field? And each time the fine is increased?

Quaoarsking
10-04-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm sure we'll rush the field after Vanderbilt game when we clinch the West.

DudyDawg
10-04-2014, 10:27 PM
No students talked about rushing that I was with. It was expected.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-04-2014, 10:29 PM
If someone died or got seriously injured at Ole Miss during the rush as the rumor is going, then they will increase the penalty for rushing the field significantly....

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Watching the end of the KY-SC game and are we the ONLY SEC school that prevents our fans from rushing the field??? Rushing the field after beating bad SC team? Really?

And, by the way, how in the world did SC ever beat GA because they are terrible.
Why would we have wanted to rush the field today? SERIOUS question. We were favored and We MORE than took care of business.

maroonmania
10-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Why would we have wanted to rush the field today? SERIOUS question. We were favored and We MORE than took care of business.

I wasn't really talking about today. Its been years and years since we've rushed the field. Meanwhile OM rushed the field after beating us in 2012 and again today. Then I see KY rushing the field after beating an unranked SC team and I am like what the heck is going on at these other SEC schools to allow this?

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I wasn't really talking about today. Its been years and years since we've rushed the field. Meanwhile OM rushed the field after beating us in 2012 and again today. Then I see KY rushing the field after beating an unranked SC team and I am like what the heck is going on at these other SEC schools to allow this?

Rush the field when there is reason to do it. WE had no reason to today. Let that sink in for a minute. We just had our SECOND victory over a Top 10 opponent this year and we had NO reason to rush the field today. WE behaved as we should have.

TheRef
10-04-2014, 10:57 PM
That's the thing. The fans are at the point where we EXPECT to win these games and don't have the desire to rush the field. We know what we are capable of and WHEN we win these games, we aren't surprised. We just cheer and act like we've been here before. OM fans, rightfully so *cough* *cough* 10 wins in 100 years *cough* *cough*, rushed the field. But it is funny, though. They accuse us of being the lesser program, yet we are the ones who act like we know what we're doing when our teams win.

maroonmania
10-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Rush the field when there is reason to do it. WE had no reason to today. Let that sink in for a minute. We just had our SECOND victory over a Top 10 opponent this year and we had NO reason to rush the field today. WE behaved as we should have.

Gosh, that is NOT the point. Its not we should be planning to rush the field when there is "reason to do it", its that these other SEC schools should STOP their fans from rushing the field. Apparently, there may have been a serious incident today at OM and my daughter was in the Auburn crowd that rushed the field after the Iron Bowl last year and it was a very dangerous situation as well.

NashDawgMan
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM
That's the thing. The fans are at the point where we EXPECT to win these games and don't have the desire to rush the field. We know what we are capable of and WHEN we win these games, we aren't surprised. We just cheer and act like we've been here before. OM fans, rightfully so *cough* *cough* 10 wins in 100 years *cough* *cough*, rushed the field. But it is funny, though. They accuse us of being the lesser program, yet we are the ones who act like we know what we're doing when our teams win.

2 things:
1. My God you sound like an old man
2. Our game was not an upset really...everyone knew we would win. TSUN's game was a big upset, thus the field rush.

TheRef
10-04-2014, 11:03 PM
2 things:
1. My God you sound like an old man
2. Our game was not an upset really...everyone knew we would win. TSUN's game was a big upset, thus the field rush.

I'm not sure whether to take #1 as a compliment or an insult...

FlabLoser
10-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Right now I can only see us rushing the field for winning either a SEC Championship or a National Championship.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Gosh, that is NOT the point. Its not we should be planning to rush the field when there is "reason to do it", its that these other SEC schools should STOP their fans from rushing the field. Apparently, there may have been a serious incident today at OM and my daughter was in the Auburn crowd that rushed the field after the Iron Bowl last year and it was a very dangerous situation as well.

Jeeeze dude. UM beat Bama for the first time since I have been alive. I'm 50. If they want to storm the field then more power to them. If I was in their shoes my old butt would have tried it. I would have probably been carried off on a stretcher.

Todd4State
10-05-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that if we wanted to rush the field, there's not a lot that they could do to stop it.

I would not expect MSU to encourage it. I think there's a bigger fine if the school encourages it, although I may be mistaken about that. I imagine that there is a lot of liability if the school encourages it and someone gets hurt.

I'm OK with fans rushing the field if the occasion calls for it. But I do understand that it's dangerous. A guy I knew at MSU was kind of knocked out when we tore down the goal posts after the Egg Bowl in 1999. And if I remember correctly, an Ole Miss cheerleader got into a fight with Kevin Sluder's brother or something while the field was being rushed, so you have to be careful dealing with dejected players, personnel, and etc. from the opposing school too. And then Steve Spurrier made up that story about someone beating up the water boy in 2000.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Funny thing is the security team was helping the students get over the railing. If you missed it, go back to the end of the game and see it haha. I doubt a security team does that without being told to allow it.

maroonmania
10-05-2014, 07:36 AM
Jeeeze dude. UM beat Bama for the first time since I have been alive. I'm 50. If they want to storm the field then more power to them. If I was in their shoes my old butt would have tried it. I would have probably been carried off on a stretcher.

I get your point but apparently you aren't aware of much if you are 50. Eli Manning's OM team beat Alabama just 11 years ago. More recently than the last time we had beaten LSU before this year. And yes, I can understand OM wanting to storm the field after yesterday but the storming of the field after beating us in 2012 and the KY storming of the field last night after beating a mediocre SC team was ridiculous. The KY fans' actions last night was actually what prompted the thread.

basedog
10-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Ref, Old is good if your breathing and up right!