PDA

View Full Version : Reb defense is for real....

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 06:06 PM
hate to say it but it's true.

BossDawg
10-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm not so sure. Bama's offense just looks like total shit.

msstate7
10-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm not so sure. Bama's offense just looks like total shit.

Lane kiffin is a failure. Bama is so stupid for not sticking with the run. Om is better than I thought, but we're much better IMO

CadaverDawg
10-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Come on guys....it sucks to admit it, but Ole Miss has a good team. I'm not nearly as impressed with their offense as I am with their D. I truly think their D and our D are the best in the conference. Wish we played them in Starkville this year. Both teams will have a lot of wins going into that game.

Alldawg
10-04-2014, 06:19 PM
No doubt. Some will say Bama's offense is shit but some of that is because of who they faced

Lloyd Christmas
10-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Come on guys....it sucks to admit it, but Ole Miss has a good team. I'm not nearly as impressed with their offense as I am with their D. I truly think their D and our D are the best in the conference. Wish we played them in Starkville this year. Both teams will have a lot of wins going into that game.

Yep. Give them their due. They are a good team when Bo's head isn't ten feet up his ass.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Give them their due boys. That D is good. My thought now for them is Gig 'em Aggies!

Bubb Rubb
10-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Give them their due boys. That D is good. My thought now for them is Gig 'em Aggies!

I give 'em credit. They beat Bama. They deserve kudos for that. But what I saw in this game was a couple of beatable teams.

Very uncharacteristic Bama team. Too many silly penalties. Too many backbreaking mistakes. Horrible gameplan. They were able to run the ball but they didn't stick with it.

We control our own destiny. Keep on winning.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2014, 06:28 PM
I give 'em credit. They beat Bama. They deserve kudos for that. But what I saw in this game was a couple of beatable teams.

Very uncharacteristic Bama team. Too many silly penalties. Too many backbreaking mistakes. Horrible gameplan. They were able to run the ball but they didn't stick with it.

Now I do agree with this. Two winnable games, but unfortunately both are on the road for us.

Todd4State
10-04-2014, 06:34 PM

For the life of me, I don't understand why opposing coaches don't do this when they are playing Ole Miss. Forget balance and all of that, if all I have to do is run the ball 50 times to win against a team, I'm going to do it.

NorCalDawg
10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
IMHO it came down to special teams and that's where I'll give OM some credit. I don't have the stats, but I think Ole Miss won the field position battle, today. I remember OM having several good punt and kick-off returns and I remember Bama getting pinned deep several times. It really changes the game when you have to play with your back against the wall; that, and Bama looked uncharacteristically sloopy. Lots of penalties.

defiantdog
10-04-2014, 06:56 PM
They looked like that against Florida as well. OM is good though

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 07:02 PM
We can win them, but they are both on the road. Then again neither place is Death Valley at night, no matter how good or bad LSU is.

State82
10-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Absolutely. I know a lot of folks on here have down played their defense but if you do, you know nothing of which you speak. They are real. As are we. The SEC West now must travel through the great state of Mississippi. #HAILSTATE

TXDawg
10-04-2014, 07:12 PM
OM's defense is legit, but does appear to struggle with the run. I'm still not impressed with their offense, though.

Bama imploded on special teams and that cost them the game. 10 of OM's points came from a short field that resulted from ST blunders by Bama.

Todd4State
10-04-2014, 07:20 PM
IMHO it came down to special teams and that's where I'll give OM some credit. I don't have the stats, but I think Ole Miss won the field position battle, today. I remember OM having several good punt and kick-off returns and I remember Bama getting pinned deep several times. It really changes the game when you have to play with your back against the wall; that, and Bama looked uncharacteristically sloopy. Lots of penalties.

Exactly. If they hold onto the KO late in the game instead of fumbling it, it would/should have been different.

And special teams has cost Bama several times since Saban has been at Bama.

Homedawg
10-04-2014, 07:28 PM
No. Can't be. Was told just yesterday they weren't better than fla on defense. I've been trying to tell the maroon colored glasses here they were good. Just face it...we need to win our games doesn't matter. We both will have our hands full next week

I seen it dawg
10-04-2014, 08:02 PM
They get tripped up before EB more than once. We will be unblemished.