PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best State team of all time?

Sacrifice
10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I know the season is still young but this is the best team I've seen at State. No doubt the best QB we've had, from top to bottom the best receivers we've had. JRob is a freakin animal, the O-line is playing there ass off.The defense is unbelievably good and the SEC west has never been this good. I know it's a long season but we've beaten the shit out of 2 very good teams now. What do y'all think?

CadaverDawg
10-04-2014, 02:53 PM
It could end up being the best of all time...but you can't say they're the best with so many more games left IMO.

rcsteph1
10-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Best since Ive been alive, up to this point. The prime of Sherrill years was great. But this team is special. Still a ton of work to be done. Keep our Heads down and take care of business. What I liked after this game is we acted like we have been there before. No excessive celebration. We look solid.

Crystal Balls
10-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Best ive seen.

Gridirondawg
10-04-2014, 03:02 PM
I know the season is still young but this is the best team I've seen at State. No doubt the best QB we've had, from top to bottom the best receivers we've had. JRob is a freakin animal, the O-line is playing there ass off.The defense is unbelievably good and the SEC west has never been this good. I know it's a long season but we've beaten the shit out of 2 very good teams now. What do y'all think?

Yes, and I don't think its even debatable. The 99 D was as good as it gets but this team is far better on offense and this defense is better than they get credit for. We had 2watched key starters out on offense and still dominated.

Park duck
10-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Best

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2014, 03:29 PM
I barely remember 80-81. I remember well the sherrill era. While we were good in the late 90s. This team has a will to win and take a counter punch. Plus they are very talented.

IMissJack
10-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Definitely best offense in my time.

FlabLoser
10-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Only State team to beat two top 10 teams.

Bullmutt
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I've been watching since 1965 and yeah, overall, f'in A right this is the best! Most talented, best balanced, and best led. Does that mean we have our best finish ever? No, but the opportunity is definitely there.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2014, 06:00 PM

Not yet

TXDawg
10-04-2014, 07:17 PM
I loved how we handled the pressure, media attention, etc. how many times have all of us seen MSU teams experience some success only to implode as soon as the spotlight starts to shine?

Love the leadership Dak brings and the overall level headedness that this team exhibits.

Just need to keep it going now. One game at a time and history will decide if they're the best ever.

State82
10-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Not yet

You're right. Not just yet. But they are knocking on the door. Time will tell. And short time at that.

Todd4State
10-04-2014, 07:25 PM
They have the potential to be the greatest, but as others have said it's too soon to know definitively.

We'll have to re-visit in January.