PDA

View Full Version : Tickets flying off the shelfs for Regional action

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Saw a friend say that there was a line at the ticket office this morning. Didn't give any information about how many ppl were there. Any of y'all elites make it up there this morning?

Also seeing where Mike Richey is saying ticket office website is having some technical difficulties.

Could it be a record setting crowd?

dickiedawg
05-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Student tickets went on today I think, and a limited number of unclaimed reserved seats.

I'd like to think we have a shot of breaking our single game record Saturday, but I'm not confident. I'm afraid they'll shut it down at a certain point a la Clemson 2007 until I hear otherwise.

bulldogcountry1
05-29-2013, 10:44 AM
I just don't see us breaking a record at a regional. I hope I am wrong. If a full slate of SBW weekend activities can't get us over 15K, then I don't think baseball will do it on it's own. Momentum is building, so maybe we can pull it off with some help from the visiting fans.

I never understood how 25K+ would travel to see football practice, yet only a portion would stay for SEC baseball action. That's another topic for another day.

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Completely agree with you BC1. I don't think I have been to a spring practice in football ever. I have regularly attended the SBW though. I usually find other ways to spend my afternoon/evening that weekend.

Most of the predictions in the 6pack thread ab attendance are saying 11-12K. I would be extremely happy with that number for this weekend

engie
05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Fear not. There will be WAY over 15k people in Starkville for baseball this weekend -- just like there were WAY over 15k there in 2007 when LT quit letting people in the gates and sent them to the Hump. Now, whether they LET that many through the gates is another question, but if it was me and it's a fire code issue or something similar, I'd be spending this week to make a "new gate" in right field....

I don't know why people consistently underestimate our baseball fanbase. I didn't handle this well on SPS in the SBW Attendance Prediction blow up, but that was the gist of my point that got lost in a petty argument I shouldn't have gotten in. At that point, everyone was calling for 8k fans and "our people don't show up any more" -- and my point was simply if you give us a reason to show, the people show for MSU baseball like NO other. This weekend, we've got plenty of reason to show -- and we will -- in a way that has never been seen or matched in college baseball on live TV.

15k plus on Saturday assuming we win on Friday. Strick is going to let them in, because he wants the attendance record and all the tv and sports talk exposure that comes along with it.

Will James
05-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Coolers WILL BE CHECKED this weekend so plan accordingly.

Beer on bottom layer of ice then water/meat/etc. Or get it in early.

Buddy
05-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Mike Richey says general admission ticket sales will not be cut off at a specific number but warns that some folks will not have a seat and sight lines may be obstructed. Sounds like we are not going
to turn anyone away.... we just make break the record on Saturday.

bulldogcountry1
05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Fear not. There will be WAY over 15k people in Starkville for baseball this weekend -- just like there were WAY over 15k there in 2007 when LT quit letting people in the gates and sent them to the Hump. Now, whether they LET that many through the gates is another story, but if it was me and it's a fire code issue or something similar, I'd be spending this week to make a "new gate" in right field....

I don't know why people consistently underestimate our baseball fanbase. I didn't handle this well on SPS in the SBW Attendance Prediction blow up, but that was the gist of my point that got lost in the bs. Give us a reason to show, and the people show for MSU baseball like NO OTHER. This weekend, we've got plenty of reason to show...

I never knew we turned away people back in 2007.

I'm not sure you directed that at me, but I like to base my predictions on experience, not gut feelings. More than once, I have seen 11-12K show up for a game on SBW and then leave early in droves to go see a football practice that claimed 40K+. That says a lot about our fan base. It says that many don't care about baseball, which is fine. There are many others that are merely apathetic. Either way, thousands are a short walk away from participating in a major MSU sporting event, and they choose not to go. This year, I was pleasantly surprised to see so many fans turn up for the baseball game after the spring game. I think the athletic department did a good job of scheduling to help.

SBW: spring game, school in session, nice weather = 14,500
Regionals, school is out, peak vacation time = ????

Will James
05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
There's no way they sell out GA tix right? I'm planning on walking up each day and buying.

SaltyDawg
05-29-2013, 11:29 AM

Do you know for a fact coolers will be checked? I was under the assumption that was something the NCAA has to say and that nothing would change from usual measures (meaning no measures).

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Salty give this a read. It should cover things pretty well. It was just released today.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=207989160

Quaoarsking
05-29-2013, 12:27 PM
There's no way they sell out GA tix right? I'm planning on walking up each day and buying.

I was planning on doing the same. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Mike Richey says general admission ticket sales will not be cut off at a specific number but warns that some folks will not have a seat and sight lines may be obstructed. Sounds like we are not going
to turn anyone away.... we just make break the record on Saturday.
They are trying to force you to buy the pass. A single game ticket isn't available yet to Friday's game. May never be if we sell enough general admission passes(I know they are tickets to each game but they are called passes)

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Don't try this. You are asking for disaster. just a warning

The Croom Diaries
05-29-2013, 12:42 PM
I never knew we turned away people back in 2007.

More than once, I have seen 11-12K show up for a game on SBW and then leave early in droves to go see a football practice that claimed 40K+. That says a lot about our fan base. It says that many don't care about baseball, which is fine.

About a thousand or so people watch the Clemson game in '07 in the Hump.

We've never had 40K+ at a spring game. We've had 30K+ three times - in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and the baseball team wasn't nearly as good back then. Just sayin

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 12:44 PM

I'm not saying they will stop- but it certainly is possible. The fact you can't get one for Friday, at this point,unless you are a student, says a lot to me. Hate for you to miss out.

SaltyDawg
05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Salty give this a read. It should cover things pretty well. It was just released today.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=207989160

Thanks. I'm more curious if people on here think it will be enforced- simply because I know they have to release statements like that. If it is enforced that's going to be a cluster****.

FanninDawg
05-29-2013, 12:55 PM
I bought 3 reserved seats this at 8:00 morning, section K. I am not a season baseball ticket holder. there weren't a lot of reserved seats left.

Drugdog
05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
I started calling at 8. My wife calling on her phone as well. Finally got thru at 10:30. Last 2 chair back together. Yea it's going to be a record. Section B. look for me. Will be wearing maroon and white and yelling go dogs.

ghostofjackie
05-29-2013, 01:15 PM
I think they were sold out of reserved seats by 10:45. At 745 I was scrolling over each of the sections to see how many seats were left in each, and there looked to be about 500 or so left in the entire grandstands. These were seats that season ticket holders did not claim.

Did I just hear that they were already sold out of GA tickets for the Friday game?

FFF
05-29-2013, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't advise driving up and trying to get a pass unless you get there early... Even that isn't a guarantee. In 07, I got to the gate 3 hours early and the line was already around the palmiero center... And the cutoff wasn't too far behind me.

Just know if you drive more than a couple of hours the day of, there's a good chance you won't get in.

Quaoarsking
05-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't advise driving up and trying to get a pass unless you get there early... Even that isn't a guarantee. In 07, I got to the gate 3 hours early and the line was already around the palmiero center... And the cutoff wasn't too far behind me.

Just know if you drive more than a couple of hours the day of, there's a good chance you won't get in.

Well shit. Can I buy general admission tickets by phone?

ETA: Single game. I won't be going to games we're not in.

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah just send me a PM with you name/credit card info and ill buy some for you. + I'll compensate for myself a little bit.

But seriously you cant buy single game tickets until friday unless you are a student. Which I happen to be one. ahah

Will James
05-29-2013, 01:58 PM
It's definitely going to be a record. My relatives are some of the season ticket holders that don't come EVER, well they are this time. Bumped me to the OF. Assholes.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Now I'm worried about driving up and trying to get a ticket. I was planning on coming up Saturday for both sessions, and trying to make Friday night....but I sure would hate to get there and not be able to get in. Surely they won't turn people away. **** it, I'm going to try.

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Well shit. Can I buy general admission tickets by phone?

ETA: Single game. I won't be going to games we're not in.

No. You can only buy the entire tournament package via phone or in person for that matter. Single game tickets will be sold only the day of the game-IF available.

Duke Silver
05-29-2013, 02:11 PM
I started calling at 8. My wife calling on her phone as well. Finally got thru at 10:30. Last 2 chair back together. Yea it's going to be a record. Section B. look for me. Will be wearing maroon and white and yelling go dogs.

I'll be in section D. Think I'll go with a the white and maroon look however, gotta mix it up.

engie
05-29-2013, 03:30 PM
You'll be fine on walk-up.

They've said several times now that they will not cut off entrance -- they just aren't promising any decent sightlines, etc...

I'm hoping to be in the house by 3-4 on Friday and go ahead and buy tickets at that point...

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 03:41 PM
You'll be fine on walk-up.

They've said several times now that they will not cut off entrance -- they just aren't promising any decent sightlines, etc...

I'm hoping to be in the house by 3-4 on Friday and go ahead and buy tickets at that point...

I just talked to someone in the know, he said he promises everyone that has a ticket will get in. But refused to promise how many would be available game day. Said they would like to not cut it off, however, to say they wouldn't is not accurate. Take that for what it's worth.

maroonmania
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Now I'm worried about driving up and trying to get a ticket. I was planning on coming up Saturday for both sessions, and trying to make Friday night....but I sure would hate to get there and not be able to get in. Surely they won't turn people away. **** it, I'm going to try.

I would think if you are relatively sure you are going to make up to 3 games it would likely be worth going ahead and buying the GA tournament pass ahead of time so you don't have to stand in the long line and you are assured of having a ticket.

Buddy
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
I would think if you are relatively sure you are going to make up to 3 games it would likely be worth going ahead and buying the GA tournament pass ahead of time so you don't have to stand in the long line and you are assured of having a ticket.

No doubt. I'd pay the extra $20 for the all-tournament pass just to not have to stand in a long line 3 separate times to get individual game tickets.

engie
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Everyone is just worrying unnecessarily IMO. Not LT running this show anymore -- and everyone that wants to experience Dudy Noble this weekend will get their chance to unless they literally fire marshal the place, which I'm sure has already been taken into consideration. Now whether or not people will be able to see anything is another issue altogether.

Of course they are saying the tickets may be limited -- because they want people to buy the full tournament pass early instead of individual game tickets at game time for obvious reasons. When it boils down to it, I'd be totally shocked if they turned people away in this tournament. At least not on Friday, when we can get a handle on the(real) ticket situation and account for the rest of the weekend at that point...

Will James
05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Will there be more junction johns out there? SBW weekend had a 50 person line at the pisser in the OF. Shirley they will have more JJ's or at least a healthy number of porta johns right? I mean damn, 5 stalls at a time WILL NOT ACCOMODATE the crowd.

hometowndawg
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Will there be more junction johns out there? SBW weekend had a 50 person line at the pisser in the OF. Shirley they will have more JJ's or at least a healthy number of porta johns right? I mean damn, 5 stalls at a time WILL NOT ACCOMODATE the crowd.

If they don't allow the alcohol in like they say they aren't then will they need to bring in more Junction Johns? Lets be honest though. No way they keep all of the alcohol out of the stadium

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Everyone is just worrying unnecessarily IMO. Not LT running this show anymore -- and everyone that wants to experience Dudy Noble this weekend will get their chance to unless they literally fire marshal the place, which I'm sure has already been taken into consideration. Now whether or not people will be able to see anything is another issue altogether.

Of course they are saying the tickets may be limited -- because they want people to buy the full tournament pass early instead of individual game tickets at game time for obvious reasons. When it boils down to it, I'd be totally shocked if they turned people away in this tournament. At least not on Friday, when we can get a handle on the(real) ticket situation and account for the rest of the weekend at that point...

I get it, they want the guarantee of tournament pass money. However, I was at both the 2007 super and this years super bulldog weekend, both of which were cut off by the fire marshal and the 07 crowd was bigger by a lot. It wasn't even close, you couldn't move. Point being, LT you claim cut it off just because he was an idiot, while Scott cut it off because of the fire Marshall. Either way, the last 2 large crowds we truly had were cut off as far as single game tickets no matter the reason. So why chance it? And I'll add I'm not an LT homer, just point out both were stopped by the fire Marshall and odds are it will happen again.

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 04:20 PM
If they don't allow the alcohol in like they say they aren't then will they need to bring in more Junction Johns? Lets be honest though. No way they keep all of the alcohol out of the stadium

That's not happening. There are many ways to work around that issue.

ghostofjackie
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
How do you know that they were cut off by the fire marshall? Not saying you are wrong, I just want to know why MSU did not coordinate this with the fire marshall in advance. If the fire marshall is involved, then you have to take the approach that "rules are rules". But they have to have a set number to be able to just step in and stop ticket sales like that. The University should not sell more tickets than the fire marshall would allow in and I hope they are already in coordination about this.

Were people who already had tickets not allowed into the game, or was it just people who showed up at game time and bought a ticket?

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
How do you know that they were cut off by the fire marshall? Not saying you are wrong, I just want to know why MSU did not coordinate this with the fire marshall in advance. If the fire marshall is involved, then you have to take the approach that "rules are rules". But they have to have a set number to be able to just step in and stop ticket sales like that. The University should not sell more tickets than the fire marshall would allow in and I hope they are already in coordination about this.

Were people who already had tickets not allowed into the game, or was it just people who showed up at game time and bought a ticket?
Nevermind . Just show up and pray they don't cut it off. How's that. There is one fact both were cut off. I'm not worried about it. I paid my money. Good luck to the rest of you.

engie
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
I get it, they want the guarantee of tournament pass money. However, I was at both the 2007 super and this years super bulldog weekend, both of which were cut off by the fire marshal and the 07 crowd was bigger by a lot. It wasn't even close, you couldn't move. Point being, LT you claim cut it off just because he was an idiot, while Scott cut it off because of the fire Marshall. Either way, the last 2 large crowds we truly had were cut off as far as single game tickets no matter the reason. So why chance it? And I'll add I'm not an LT homer, just point out both were stopped by the fire Marshall and odds are it will happen again.

I haven't heard or read a single thing about them not letting people in this year for SBW -- and I was in the same spot in right field then that I was in the 2007 Super when it was apparent that they did. Every single person, to my knowledge, that wanted in on SBW got in. In 2007, they didn't.

Now, there WERE people who stood outside the fence in the road because they could see better up there, but I've yet to hear about a single person being turned away -- and I know several of my friends didn't get in the gate until well after gametime. They DID sell completely out of tickets -- but they continued to take money and let people in after that. Actually know several people that got in without actual tickets....

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 05:53 PM
I haven't heard or read a single thing about them not letting people in this year for SBW -- and I was in the same spot in right field then that I was in the 2007 Super when it was apparent that they did. Every single person, to my knowledge, that wanted in on SBW got in. In 2007, they didn't.

Now, there WERE people who stood outside the fence in the road because they could see better up there, but I've yet to hear about a single person being turned away -- and I know several of my friends didn't get in the gate until well after gametime. They DID sell completely out of tickets -- but they continued to take money and let people in after that. Actually know several people that got in without actual tickets....

Actually know several people that didn't get in.

ghostofjackie
05-29-2013, 07:15 PM
I think he made that up. Got all hot and bothered when I called him out

FFF
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM

I know a few who couldn't get in, as well. I think we break the record, but DNF does have a limit, and fan safety is a concern when you pack that many people into a venue. Chance it if you want... I stood in line for 3 hours in 07 and was one of the last people to get a GA ticket... and I wasn't even close to halfway back. I'd think it's well worth the $20 not to have to wait in a long ass line, coupled with the chance of not getting a ticket.

Just my thoughts...

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 07:48 PM
I think he made that up. Got all hot and bothered when I called him out

I didn't get hot and bothered at shit. People got turned away. They claime bc of fire Marshall. I don't know the real reason. Ask Scott. That's what was said from his ticket people and security. If it wasn't that the. They were stupid.

Dawgbite
05-29-2013, 08:47 PM
SBW a group of six walked up to the gate without tickets and were informed that they were out of tickets. Sister girl said shit, y'all go on in and have a good time. We did! Sorry fire Marshall !

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I was there for the record and in 07, I think 07 had as many if not more....

FFF
05-29-2013, 09:11 PM

You aren't the first person I've heard say that...

Homedawg
05-29-2013, 09:20 PM

I agree. I think way more. Couldn't move there were so many

TrueMaroon
05-30-2013, 07:03 AM

I didnt arrive until the 3rd inning and still got in just fine.

woozman
05-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Put beer on bottom with ice and then cover that with a piece of poster board cut to fit the cooler over the beer. Put sodas, etc on top of that with more ice. False bottom n shit...