PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Kentavious Thomas and the Baldwin Braves (2-3, 0-1) travel to face the Veterans High Warhawks (0-4, 0-0) in a region matchup. Veterans is a new school is the Warner Robbins area and it is just the 5th year of the program - so there is nothing of note about the school. I was happy to see a pic on their webpage of their girls cross-country team - featuring one of their runners in a Mississippi State sweatshirt. So, they have that going for them. Veterans was 8-4 last year - their only winning season to date. They had an off week last week to heal from a 34-0 pounding they took from Valdosta.

Baldwin is looking to rebound from an ugly 14-12 loss to Upson-Lee. Thomas had a TD, but blew two punt returns - one a fumble, one a bad decision to fair catch inside the 5. I still can't find stats from that game - but it must not have gone well.

Trey Derouen and the Parkview Panthers are off this week.

Good luck to all 28 of our commits this week.

Hail State!

msstate7
10-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Not worried about Thomas struggling on punt returns. With graham, gray, and mixon, I doubt thomas will be doing any punt returns

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah, rural small schools like Baldwin have to use guys a little out place on ST sometimes because they have rosters with only 45-50 players.

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Big win for Baldwin over Veterans 22-19. Thomas had 2 TDs - including the winning TD and 2pt Conv with less than a minute left in the game.