PDA

View Full Version : One thing I dont get about the Chuckie Millins story

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Not to sound callous, but, is there something I'm missing. Why is this Gaines guy so shook up about the situation? Its not like he hit Chucky and hurt him, that would be understandable. He got hit by Chucky.

DawgInMemphis
10-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Not to sound callous, but, is there something I'm missing. Why is this Gaines guy so shook up about the situation? Its not like he hit Chucky and hurt him, that would be understandable. He got hit by Chucky.

I don't think you can understand something like that until you're in that situation. And it's Mullins, FWIW.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Guess I typed too soon. I didn't see the part where Gaines had stayed with him in the hospital while he was hurt. Didn't know they had a relationship, thought it was just some guy he hit on the field.

JDog13
10-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Did you ever see the story of the OM player and the AU player? The AU player hurt his neck and couldn't move. The OM player felt something was wrong cause the AU player wasn't moving...So he didn't push him off of him like they do. He laid still while the trainers stabilized the AU player to get him to a hospital. They formed a bond over that situation. I think it was a good story.

yjnkdawg
10-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Guess I typed too soon. I didn't see the part where Gaines had stayed with him in the hospital while he was hurt. Didn't know they had a relationship, thought it was just some guy he hit on the field.

Even if it had just been some guy, he hit on the field, it still has an emotional impact when someone gets seriously injured or dies. I agree with DawgInMemphis, you have to "walk a mile in their shoes" to totally understand what a person has or is going through.

Dawgcentral
10-03-2014, 04:50 PM
I relate the Gaines struggle with driving a vehicle and one of your passengers gets hurt even though the accident was not preventable. You always wonder why you were in that exact place at that exact time and something horrible happened.