PDA

View Full Version : Beckwith

msstate7
10-03-2014, 10:09 AM
If he comes out and has a great game with clayborn at guard, is it a given day gets starting position back? Beckwith has practiced 2 straight weeks at center now and it may be risky reshuffling oline again for auburn.

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2014, 10:11 AM
I think so. After all, the team has played more with Day. Plus, how would it sit for a player the team is behind to lose his job due to Les going on his period two weeks ago?

mjh94
10-03-2014, 10:13 AM
I believe Day is also one of the team captains. Not that team captains have to start, but i think that speaks to what kind of player he is.

RC3
10-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes. Beckwith and Day were beasts at LSU. Plus Day didn't sit out these two weeks. Still took reps

Homedawg
10-03-2014, 10:16 AM
If he comes out and has a great game with clayborn at guard, is it a given day gets starting position back? Beckwith has practiced 2 straight weeks at center now and it may be risky reshuffling oline again for auburn.
Without a doubt. And he will be missed Saturday

Goat Holder
10-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Without a doubt. And he will be missed Saturday

Yep. It would be the most Miss Stake thing ever to lose this game due to Day being out, but I realize it's very likely. Even Mark May said one of our biggest strengths in this game was the physicality of our OL - well, that took a huge ass hit.

maroonmania
10-03-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm kind of ticked at Day right now. We can defend him all we want but he DID put extra force coming down on the guy's stomach which was uncalled for (plus his ridiculous late personal foul). To me, those were selfish acts which are now potentially hurting our team's chances of winning a HUGE game.

War Machine Dawg
10-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Yep. It would be the most Miss Stake thing ever to lose this game due to Day being out, but I realize it's very likely. Even Mark May said one of our biggest strengths in this game was the physicality of our OL - well, that took a huge ass hit.

Yeah, except that the guy Chris Jones has openly called our best OL and says he has trouble beating is going to start - Clayborn. Am I worried about Day being out? Yes, but not a whole lot. It's finally time to FREE CLAYBORN!!!!

Goat Holder
10-03-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm kind of ticked at Day right now. We can defend him all we want but he DID put extra force coming down on the guy's stomach which was uncalled for (plus his ridiculous late personal foul). To me, those were selfish acts which are now potentially hurting our team's chances of winning a HUGE game.

No doubt. No matter if it was intentional or not, bottom line it could have been avoided and was unnecessary. It was completely innocent, it would have been happening much more over his THREE YEAR career. Not just in two games.

dogshiek
10-03-2014, 10:22 AM
We will need Day more against Aubie than tamu. Beckwith is going to have a great game.

Goat Holder
10-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah, except that the guy Chris Jones has openly called our best OL and says he has trouble beating is going to start - Clayborn. Am I worried about Day being out? Yes, but not a whole lot. It's finally time to FREE CLAYBORN!!!!

I really hope you are right.

msstate7
10-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I think you guys are right that day returns next week. If he doesn't start against auburn, that tells me dan thinks day did it intentionally

DawgHouseUnited
10-03-2014, 10:32 AM

I think we discussed this issue already?

http://www.necro-equine-sadism.com/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Homedawg
10-03-2014, 10:40 AM
I think you guys are right that day returns next week. If he doesn't start against auburn, that tells me dan thinks day did it intentionally

Even if he thinks he did it intentionally, he's going to start against auburn.

fishwater99
10-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Why would he not start? That's crazy talk..

DancingRabbit
10-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Day will return for Auburn. I'm not overly concerned about missing him tomorrow because we've had 2 weeks to prepare.

Between using the time to tweak our pass D and getting the O-line ready to go this may be the most timely bye week ever.

Percho
10-03-2014, 11:13 AM
No doubt. No matter if it was intentional or not, bottom line it could have been avoided and was unnecessary. It was completely innocent, it would have been happening much more over his THREE YEAR career. Not just in two games.

Explain to me how it could have been avoided. I watched all the vids. He was in the air with bodies falling and rolling in front of him, what mid air adjustments do you think Day could have made to avoid those on the ground in front of him. It is not like he jumped after everyone fell and picked a target.

dickiedawg
10-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Beckwith earned OL OTW for his performance in the LSU game IIRC. Obviously we'd rather have all our players but Beckwith is a more than capable replacement.

IMissJack
10-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Yes he'll get it back. Rewatch the LSU game, he and Beckwith whipped the LSU Dline over and over on run plays. It had been a long time since I had seen MSU linemen turn defenders like that.

Percho
10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
I think we discussed this issue already?

http://www.necro-equine-sadism.com/beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

You have heard of, the resurrection, have you not?

DawgHouseUnited
10-03-2014, 11:26 AM
You have heard of, the resurrection, have you not?

lol. +1