PDA

View Full Version : Consider this good authority: College Gameday Next Week Options

curmudgeon
10-03-2014, 09:34 AM
#1 Choice

TCU at Baylor

If TCU beats Oklahoma, this is the choice. Baylor has a new stadium, and this will be a big matchup. If the undefeated Auburn-MSU matchup doesn't materialize, this is likely as well, even with a 1-loss TCU.

#2 Choice

Auburn at Mississippi State

Both teams would have to be undefeated AND TCU would have to lose to Oklahoma

#3 Choice

USC at Arizona

Arizona is the hot name this week because of their upset of Oregon and will be in the top 15 next week. But, would probably need #1 and #2 choices not to work out.

Longshot

Red River Rivalry

Texas would have to beat Baylor, Oklahoma would have to beat TCU and either AU or MSU would have to lose AND they would just want to go there instead of Tucson.

bluelightstar
10-03-2014, 09:36 AM
I don't think TCU is likely to beat Oklahoma honestly. I would like to host GameDay so that we aren't the only SEC school that hasn't, but all we can control is winning. If undefeated AU and State both ranked in the Top 8 can't get it, that's just that.

Quaoarsking
10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
I like our chances if this is true.

fishwater99
10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Just win tomorrow and it all works out..

preachermatt83
10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
#1 Choice

TCU at Baylor

If TCU beats Oklahoma, this is the choice. Baylor has a new stadium, and this will be a big matchup. If the undefeated Auburn-MSU matchup doesn't materialize, this is likely as well, even with a 1-loss TCU.

#2 Choice

Auburn at Mississippi State

Both teams would have to be undefeated AND TCU would have to lose to Oklahoma

#3 Choice

USC at Arizona

Arizona is the hot name this week because of their upset of Oregon and will be in the top 15 next week. But, would probably need #1 and #2 choices not to work out.

Longshot

Red River Rivalry

Texas would have to beat Baylor, Oklahoma would have to beat TCU and either AU or MSU would have to lose AND they would just want to go there instead of Tucson.

i heard something very similar to this. It all hinges on weather or not TCU can beat Ok.

IMissJack
10-03-2014, 12:02 PM
TCU / Baylor has a fan pull of about 100 Miles between Ft. Worth and Waco. I don't see that having national or regional pull.

MetEdDawg
10-03-2014, 12:23 PM
TCU / Baylor has a fan pull of about 100 Miles between Ft. Worth and Waco. I don't see that having national or regional pull.

Unfortunately it's not always about that. They have to balance being partial to all portions of the U.S. while also trying to select matchups that are actually worth showing. It's not just about the best matchup. If it were they would only have two choices for next weekend no matter how tomorrow's games played out: Starkville or College Station.

Those two locations regardless of who wins or loses tomorrow will be hosting the two most important games in the country next weekend with UCLA/Oregon a distant third in my opinion.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2014, 01:33 PM
IF Gameday does come back to MS this next week the SEC hate they will receive from the rest of the country will be louder than ever. That being said, we cant really help where the best matchups are, they down south PAWWWL.

rcsteph1
10-03-2014, 01:52 PM
We just need to WIN.

Coach34
10-03-2014, 02:27 PM
GameDay is ours if we win- that's set in stone. ESPN is already making arrangements for lodging

yakalot
10-03-2014, 02:38 PM
I guess we can always try begging. Worked for the Bears.

ScoobaDawg
10-03-2014, 02:41 PM
i heard something very similar to this. It all hinges on weather or not TCU can beat Ok.

REF YOU BETTER MAKE SURE THAT WEATHER IS IN OUR FAVOR!!!!

TheRef
10-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Haha. It'll just be chilly over there....

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-03-2014, 03:58 PM
We win - game day
We lose and auburn wins - 50% on gameday

Take this to the bank

starkvegasdawg
10-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Yeah, no tornado warnings like the bears had last night.