PDA

View Full Version : 17 u espn

BulldogBear
10-02-2014, 11:23 PM
So, it's halftime of the AZ-OR game. They're picking games from "conference showdown" week or some such. They include LSU- Auburn but NOT MSU-TAMU. 17 u Mark May and SVP. How is that a bigger game? Oh, Brandon Harris, Brandon Harris, Brandon Harris. If he'd started we'd have won 48-7.

Mullen, please remember the lesson you said you learned after the LSU game.

Smitty
10-02-2014, 11:33 PM

As I said that night you're damn right it matters. Steamroll and its Dak nonstop this week.

LEAVE NO DOUBT SATURDAY!

Dak should have 300/125 6 all purpose TD in a 59-31 stomping

Dawg61
10-02-2014, 11:37 PM
We were getting lots of positive attention today on Finebum

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I was upset as well, but after thinking about it, Brian Greise was one of the guys making picks, and he is calling our game. ESPN doesn't allow analysts that are broadcasting a particular game to predict a winner.

It's why Kirk Herbstriet has to refrain from picking ABC night game on Gameday all the time.

ESPN could have mentioned this during halftime, but Greise isn't allowed to predict our winner since he's the analyst for our game.

Thus the reason it was left off.

BulldogBear
10-03-2014, 12:00 AM
I was upset as well, but after thinking about it, Brian Greise was one of the guys making picks, and he is calling our game. ESPN doesn't allow analysts that are broadcasting a particular game to predict a winner.

It's why Kirk Herbstriet has to refrain from picking ABC night game on Gameday all the time.

ESPN could have mentioned this during halftime, but Greise isn't allowed to predict our winner since he's the analyst for our game.

Thus the reason it was left off.

Makes me feel some better. Got a chip on my shoulder tonight. They should still mention that. Bad perception otherwise. Rule against it or not, it's still a slight to downplay this game under LSU-Auburn no matter the reason.

RougeDawg
10-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Fellas, relax. Saturday night and Sunday will be glorious for us, on multiple accounts. Be patient and enjoy.

BulldogBear
10-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Fellas, relax. Saturday night and Sunday will be glorious for us, on multiple accounts. Be patient and enjoy.

...think pleasant thoughts.

"I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."

Skydawg1
10-03-2014, 12:19 AM
So, it's halftime of the AZ-OR game. They're picking games from "conference showdown" week or some such. They include LSU- Auburn but NOT MSU-TAMU. 17 u Mark May and SVP. How is that a bigger game? Oh, Brandon Harris, Brandon Harris, Brandon Harris. If he'd started we'd have won 48-7.

ESPN has basically devoted an entire day to us and you're mad?

BulldogDX55
10-03-2014, 12:25 AM
...think pleasant thoughts.

"I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."

With that mentality, you'll be a senator in no time at all!

TUSK
10-03-2014, 12:39 AM
With that mentality, you'll be a senator in no time at all!

at least a DEM senator.

BulldogBear
10-03-2014, 06:24 AM
ESPN has basically devoted an entire day to us and you're mad?

Worked all day and came home to that!!!!

Statefan
10-03-2014, 06:26 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I saw a segment with Griese where he compared Dak and Hill. He said he would definitely take Dak, that he is in the cusp on being a serious runner for Heisman and that we should win if we play well this Saturday

Maroonandwhite
10-03-2014, 06:27 AM
All of these guys play to the audience that they feel are watching/listening. Besides, he picked us at the half of the Houston v. UCF. It doesn't matter who they pick. If we execute our game plan flawlessly, we likely win. No sense in getting worked up.

shoeless joe
10-03-2014, 06:39 AM
As I said that night you're damn right it matters. Steamroll and its Dak nonstop this week.

LEAVE NO DOUBT SATURDAY!

Dak should have 300/125 6 all purpose TD in a 59-31 stomping

Have you watch any college football programming this week? It's been non stop dak and MSU.

msu4life07
10-03-2014, 08:33 AM

Chilllllll. You literally couldn't find an ESPN program that wasn't talking about our game this weekend. Some of you just need to enjoy the excitement around our program and worry less about ESPN, Ole Miss, etc.

Smitty
10-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Have you watch any college football programming this week? It's been non stop dak and MSU.

I want Cam Newton/Johnny Football level exposure here. PTI actually mentioned Bo Wallace in the same breath and Wilbon (having to read Dak's name off a page... not knowing it already) said OM has a greater chance of winning this weekend than we do.

Saturday should change that.

The Croom Diaries
10-03-2014, 09:01 AM
This has to be an all-time top 10 dumb thread. "f u ESPN" on the same day they have live coverage from our campus in each hour of their programming? We earned respect two weeks ago and they have gone above and beyond giving us our due.

TopDog58
10-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Lee Sterling picked TAMU outright. We are doomed!

DownwardDawg
10-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Non freakin stop and I love it!!!