PDA

View Full Version : Does Gameday even matter?

dawgsfinnaeat
10-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I think the lure of having Gameday isn't there anymore. It used to be cool a few years ago but not now. It's just a distraction for programs who aren't used to it. I could see TSUN pulling a northwestern after they hosted and losing a lot of games in a row. Now, don't get me wrong I'd love to see it in Starkville because it would be cool, maybe even next week but I don't want the distraction. The amount of exposure to your program is kind of overrated. Fowler and corso and douche-streit only spend like 3 hours on campus. Can't wait to see this blow up in the bears face

IMissJack
10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
It's a big deal, but I'd rather get a W than a loss and gameday...

That being said, Desmond Howard I cannot stand.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Gameday is a good thing for your program and for the students. However:

When the host tells the world that you have been begging for it for 20 years- it kinda loses it's luster

StarkVegas
10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
It is a big deal but bear fans are acting like it's the Super Bowl

Smitty
10-02-2014, 08:34 PM

Since this is their Super Bowl there is no excuse for losing right? They must want it more.

Todd4State
10-02-2014, 08:35 PM
It's a big deal, but it's a short term thing.

Winning championships and things like that are more important in the grand scheme.

gravedigger
10-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Of course it does. Its very important.

Its just
Like that great buzz on saturday night.

That by sunday morning is a hangover you think you will die from.

RougeDawg
10-02-2014, 08:41 PM

This is their Super Bowl. Their "Win the party, F*ck th game" mentality has finally reached its pinnacle. Even after Saban skull drags them, they'll still have won the party and that's all they've ever really cared about anyway. Just ask them.

Saltydog
10-02-2014, 08:44 PM
that much significance on it as they do. Remember, with them it's all about perception and feeling as if they belong and are significant.

mic
10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;260233]Gameday is a good thing for your program and for the students. However:

When the host tells the world that you have been begging for it for 20 years- it kinda loses it's luster[/

And if Memphis pulls the upset we are going to Miss State...