PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice is in town!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Suck on that Ole Miss. You can have your Katy Perry. MSU appeals to football players

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/By---cXIMAA1oq_.jpg

klc90
10-02-2014, 08:29 PM
The greatest of all time! Great person too. I used to work with his brother, just down to earth people.

IMissJack
10-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Talk about letting one get away...

godlluB
10-02-2014, 08:36 PM
He was just hanging out at the bar. (He did pose for a lot of pictures as people were leaving after the show.)

I heard one of the ESPN camera guys who was there say "Who'd have ever thought you'd run into Jerry Rice here?!" I'm not sure he knew that Jerry Rice is FROM here.

Bully Dee Williams
10-02-2014, 08:42 PM
He was just hanging out at the bar. (He did pose for a lot of pictures as people were leaving after the show.)

I heard one of the ESPN camera guys who was there say "Who'd have ever thought you'd run into Jerry Rice here?!" I'm not sure he knew that Jerry Rice is FROM here.

But, are his tits real?***

On a serious note, does Jerry still spend a lot of time in the area?

LC Dawg
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
The greatest of all time! Great person too. I used to work with his brother, just down to earth people.

I worked with his brothers Zeb and Joe at Chemco when I was in school. Artie Cosby owned the business. The Rice family is a fine family.

Smitty
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I went to school with his cousin*

godlluB
10-02-2014, 08:58 PM

I wouldn't say he spends a lot of time here, but a couple of times a year I'll hear someone say they saw him somewhere.
It's not exactly a shock to run into him, but it's not an every day occurrence.

Bully Dee Williams
10-02-2014, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't say he spends a lot of time here, but a couple of times a year I'll hear someone say they saw him somewhere.
It's not exactly a shock to run into him, but it's not an every day occurrence.

I remember seeing him around Starkville quite a bit during the offseasons back in the 90s. He trained a lot with Moulds. Glad to know he keeps in touch with his roots.

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2014, 09:06 PM

Don't know about recently, but he was in Starkville pretty regularly in the early 90s. Seen a number of times in the tin gym and occasionally at Cheers.

Dawg61
10-02-2014, 09:58 PM
I've run into him on three different occasions. Once on the golf course driving range which was really cool cause it was just him and I hitting and twice at the bar known as Cheers (which was a total shithole).

Bothrops
10-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Born in Starkville and the best receiver in history.

Dawgfan77
10-03-2014, 05:21 AM
Does anyone know if he is a state fan? I know he want to Valley and he is basically from Starkville but is he a state fan? Would be cool to see him at sec nation showing love to the dogs

hells bells
10-03-2014, 05:52 AM

If memory serves me correct, when I was in school back in the late 80's he drove a Jag with a vanity plate that read WORLD80. Would see it in Starkville from time-to-time.

Fred Garvin
10-03-2014, 06:45 AM
If memory serves me correct, when I was in school back in the late 80's he drove a Jag with a vanity plate that read WORLD80. Would see it in Starkville from time-to-time.

It was a green Porsche 911

RossDawg82
10-03-2014, 08:12 AM
His mother lives down Old 25.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2014, 08:21 AM
twice at the bar known as Cheers (which was a total shithole).
Don't go dogging out Cheers. I stumbled back to campus after many a $1-you-call-it nights. Now, The Club or the Bully III, THOSE were the real shit holes back then.