PDA

View Full Version : Steven Godfrey trumpeting Mullen to Michigan......

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 05:19 PM
http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/podcast-dan-wetzel/

They start talking about it around the 21:00 mark, on the 10-1-14 podcast.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Means our coach is doing something right.

FlabLoser
10-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Mullen sucks. Mullen is going to get hired away. Those Ole Miss rebels can't make up their mind on this.

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Mullen sucks. Mullen is going to get hired away. Those Ole Miss rebels can't make up their mind on this.

Wetzel even sort of implies that it won't happen, but Godfrey doesn't shut up about it. That's how they passive aggressively operate, they can't get rid of the rebel homer in them. Godfrey is exhibiting indirect concern-troll behavior there.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think he would go, but I don't think Michigan alums will want to hire Mullen because of the offense he runs. To them Rich Rodriguez and Mullen are basically the same coach with the same offense, and they hated Rich Rod.

I think Michigan goes after Bielema, Miles, Sumlin, Harbaugh 1, Harbaugh 2, or David Shaw. IMO, Mullen doesn't even enter the conversation unless all those guys turn them down.

If they want a "Mullen" type coach, they are probably better off going after Gundy. He almost left OSU for Tennessee a few years ago. My guess is he would be an easier pull than Mullen

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't think he would go, but I don't think Michigan alums will want to hire Mullen because of the offense he runs. To them Rich Rodriguez and Mullen are basically the same coach with the same offense, and they hated Rich Rod.

I think Michigan goes after Bielema, Miles, Sumlin, Harbaugh 1, Harbaugh 2, or David Shaw. IMO, Mullen doesn't even enter the conversation unless all those guys turn them down.

If they want a "Mullen" type coach, they are probably better off going after Gundy. He almost left OSU for Tennessee a few years ago. My guess is he would be an easier pull than Mullen

I think if they offered Mullen big money he would go, but not for a lateral move. I think they are going to throw big money at Harbaugh.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
I think if they offered Mullen big money he would go, but not for a lateral move. I think they are going to throw big money at Harbaugh.

Don't dismiss bielema. He's won big in the big10. He'd do well at Michigan.

Harbough will be THE target though

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Don't dismiss bielema. He's won big in the big10. He'd do well at Michigan.

Harbough will be THE target though

I think Bielema would be awesome at Michigan. Best hire they could make IMO

He would instill a toughness there that has been absent, and he would tell the Alums to F*&& off.

Harbough would do similar things as well, but would cost much more money

mic
10-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Mullen to Michigan
Mullen to Florida
Mullen to Oakland Raiders

Freeze to New York Liberty???

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2014, 06:00 PM
They will be touting Mullen for every job that comes open if we keep winning. We have seen this movie before. Funny how nobody wants Freeze.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I think Bielema would be awesome at Michigan. Best hire they could make IMO

He would instill a toughness there that has been absent, and he would tell the Alums to F*&& off.

Yea, but Walton money and Murphy Oil money will keep him in Fayettenam.

StarkVegas
10-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Mullen is going to be pursued by any major program that has an opening over the next few years but I don't think he will leave he's got too good of a thing going on here in Starkville

IMissJack
10-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Except Mullen kicked Rich Rod's butt. That lends some cred...

Thick
10-02-2014, 06:26 PM
After this 5 game stretch for Mississippi, it's going to be Freeze to MS Delta CC if he's lucky.

messageboardsuperhero
10-02-2014, 06:29 PM
The Dan Mullen Story: As Told by the UM Fanbase

2009- Mullen has no HC experience- he's only been an OC. He will fail at MSU
2010- Mullen to Miami. Mullen back to Florida. He will never stay at MSU long term. He's too good and too big of a name to stay at State.
2011- Mullen's wife hates Starkville. He will be gone soon.
2012- Mullen can't win the big game. Mullen is overrated and will never be successful. Freeze is about to pass him by.
2013- Mullen is the definition of a mediocre coach. Even though he just beat us again for the fourth time, we hope you keep him forever.
2014- Mullen's going to Michigan. He's getting out now while the getting is good.

Moral of the story- when UM fans say Mullen is about to be hired away, times are going good for us.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2014, 06:52 PM

With our SECN money we have now, I'm not nearly as concerned with Dan going anywhere. Unless Harbaugh is having issues with Niner ownership (and seems like there are some rumors to that effect) he won't go now. It's a freakin mess up there.

Plus, Dan saw firsthand at Florida what a pressure cooker it is at one of the "storied" programs. MSU is his "baby". He's built it from nothing to what may be an SEC contender. The ******* seem to really like Starkville. If he has a great year, his salary will probably be pushing $4mil.

Now if a coach at a big program gets plucked by the NFL and he's not walking into a big mess, then maybe he goes.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2014, 06:54 PM

With our SECN money we have now, I'm not nearly as concerned with Dan going anywhere. Unless Harbaugh is having issues with Niner ownership (and seems like there are some rumors to that effect) he won't go now. It's a freakin mess up there.

Plus, Dan saw firsthand at Florida what a pressure cooker it is at one of the "storied" programs. MSU is his "baby". He's built it from nothing to what may be an SEC contender. The Mullen(s) seem to really like Starkville. If he has a great year, his salary will probably be pushing $4mil.

Now if a coach at a big program gets plucked by the NFL and he's not walking into a big mess, then maybe he goes.

I seen it dawg
10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Mullen is going about as far as Christys for a ****ing cheeseburger.

Quaoarsking
10-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Michigan doesn't want a spread offense, and they do want their coach to be a "Michigan Man." They absolutely won't hire Mullen.

BulldogDX55
10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Michigan doesn't want a spread offense, and they do want their coach to be a "Michigan Man." They absolutely won't hire Mullen.

This is true unless they get a new AD, but as long as Dominoes is in charge, it's going to be Michigan men all the way.