PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday in Starkville next weekend?

elitedawgs
10-02-2014, 01:23 PM
We are hearing that if Mississippi State and Auburn both win this weekend, there is a decent change that College Gameday will be in Starkville for the Auburn game, which would be another top 10 matchup.

Miss. Stake
10-02-2014, 01:25 PM
If they stay true to setting up gameday at the marqee matchup of the week. It's either Our game or UCLA vs Oregon

DawgInMemphis
10-02-2014, 01:31 PM
If they stay true to setting up gameday at the marqee matchup of the week. It's either Our game or UCLA vs Oregon

Well, the environmentally friendly thing to do would be to keep in in MS then.

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 01:36 PM
better hope RichRod beats Oregon, if not, no chance

DawgHouseUnited
10-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Hosting Gameday or having LSU beat Auburn- which is better for us?

Coach34
10-02-2014, 02:44 PM
better hope RichRod beats Oregon, if not, no chance

Gameday was at the Oregon-Mich State game were they not?

RC3
10-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Won't matter much if we beat auburn too

BulldogBear
10-02-2014, 02:47 PM

If Auburn wins the "LSU sucks" crowd will be out in full force putting an asterick by our win in DV. But, I'd rather Auburn win so we can knock off 3 undefeated top ten teams in a row and laugh as they continure say we are no good.

jumbo
10-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Gameday was at the Oregon-Mich State game were they not?

not sure, but OU-UCLA is in LA so it wouldn't matter

jumbo
10-02-2014, 02:48 PM

how bout Auburn beats them like they beat us last year (last play of the game)

Coach34
10-02-2014, 02:50 PM
not sure, but OU-UCLA is in LA so it wouldn't matter

I think it matters a little- they have yet to be in Sville- and have yet to cover an Auburn game this year. Damn sure doesnt hurt

jumbo
10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I think it matters a little- they have yet to be in Sville- and have yet to cover an Auburn game this year. Damn sure doesnt hurt

true, but what I'm saying is just because they have done an Oregon game that doesn't rule them out

LiterallyPolice
10-02-2014, 03:00 PM

My goal is to win the west - not to host gameday.

LSU beating Auburn is better for us.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2014, 03:02 PM

I'd rather Auburn win. Hoping for another match-up of unbeaten teams.

LiterallyPolice
10-02-2014, 03:08 PM

But..... uh, what if Auburn beats us? I bet then you'll be wishing they would have lost to LSU.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 03:10 PM
But..... uh, what if Auburn beats us? I bet then you'll be wishing they would have lost to LSU.

Exactly. After we beat a team, I want that team to win out

ScoobaDawg
10-02-2014, 03:10 PM

exactly. let us keep knocking off the kingpins. not well they lost to LSU who lost to MSU.

scottycameron
10-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I thought game day didn't want to go to L.A.? I've heard that, right?

curmudgeon
10-02-2014, 03:13 PM
They've been to UCLA one time - in 1998. They were protested and booed.

UCLA has had good teams since. I don't think they will go to Oregon/UCLA.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 03:14 PM
I thought game day didn't want to go to L.A.? I've heard that, right?

The last time GameDay went to UCLA, they were protested and boo'd. It was October 17, 1998

LiterallyPolice
10-02-2014, 03:15 PM
So apparently some of our fans would forego a realistic shot at winning the west, for the style points of going undefeated against a gauntlet of top-10 teams. I mean, don't get me wrong, the second option would be awesome. It just isn't the most realistic path to Atlanta for us or anyone in the West.

scottycameron
10-02-2014, 03:19 PM
The last time GameDay went to UCLA, they were protested and boo'd. It was October 17, 1998

what was that about? A bunch of Libs protesting or the actual UCLA fans? I don't remember it.

boarmassage
10-02-2014, 03:19 PM
They've been to UCLA one time - in 1998. They were protested and booed.

UCLA has had good teams since. I don't think they will go to Oregon/UCLA.

I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything, but does anyone mind explaining why they were protested and booed?

DancingRabbit
10-02-2014, 03:22 PM

No, if Auburn beats us I'll wish that Slive hadn't suspended Dak for hurting Aggie DBs. Seriously, I think if we're at full strength we'll beat Auburn.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 03:23 PM
what was that about? A bunch of Libs protesting or the actual UCLA fans? I don't remember it.

I would think Ucla fans are actual libs

Covercorner2
10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I want LSU to win every single game they play from here on out so that we control our own destiny....

DownwardDawg
10-02-2014, 03:33 PM

^^^This^^. And only this. 17 game day. I hope LSU wins.

curmudgeon
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Libs that thought football shouldn't be a university sanctioned activity.

Like I said, they haven't been back since 1998, and UCLA has hosted several big games at the Rose Bowl. Really don't see them going there. Could see them going to Texas/Oklahoma though.

DawgHouseUnited
10-02-2014, 04:12 PM

^^^This^^. And only this. 17 game day. I hope LSU wins.

DownwardDawg is right about LiterallyPolice being right...

http://youtu.be/3NaQxUEfxt0

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Why were they protesting ? I don't remember that

Chinchilla
10-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Why were they protesting ? I don't remember that

I'm starting to think no one remembers it because it's bullshit. A google search yielded no results. Maybe I'm missing the correct combination of words, though.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm starting to think no one remembers it because it's bullshit. A google search yielded no results. Maybe I'm missing the correct combination of words, though.

Nope...UCLA fans will own up to it happening.

BulldogBear
10-02-2014, 05:27 PM
So apparently some of our fans would forego a realistic shot at winning the west, for the style points of going undefeated against a gauntlet of top-10 teams. I mean, don't get me wrong, the second option would be awesome. It just isn't the most realistic path to Atlanta for us or anyone in the West.Running the gauntlet gives you a realistic shot at winning the west.

mstatefan91
10-02-2014, 05:31 PM
LSU winning is better for us period. End of discussion

Dawgcentral
10-02-2014, 05:37 PM
If we play to the best of our ability and win the next two games at home, people will say the SEC West is down this year. But I'll damn sure take it.

I'm sure I should care about who wins in the SEC besides us, but since my hoping for some outcome I can't control will have no effect on our future, the whole thing seems irrelevant.

The way I see it, Bama beats OM and loses next week on the road against A&M, it it'll come down to us beating Bama on the road. For now, that's my way of looking at things. Anything else is just trusting luck.

Leroy Jenkins
10-02-2014, 05:45 PM
LSU winning is better for us period. End of discussion

If LSU wins AU will drop. How is beating a one-loss AU team better than beating an undefeated top 5 AU team?

BulldogBear
10-02-2014, 05:52 PM
They are assuming we will need Auburn to lose another one at some point. From my perspective I do not personally believe that if we are sitting at 6-2 or 7-1 come the end of the season that we will be trailing Auburn and no way we are trailing 3-5 or 4-4 TAMU. The reason I would rather beat a top 5 Auburn is because I don't think Auburn is that great. In other words, I'm not worried about needing either them or TAMU to lose. I believe owning a tie breaker will be enough if needed at all. SO, I'd rather get the "bigger" win. That's my reasoning.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 05:52 PM
If LSU wins AU will drop. How is beating a one-loss AU team better than beating an undefeated top 5 AU team?

Because the SEC is going to get 1 team in the playoff and it will be the team that wins the SEC title. What we are ranked matters not. What matters is that we win the SEC title. If Auburn losing against LSU makes it slightly more likely that we will win the SEC title, then we need to cheer for LSU.

Personally, I'd love to see us beat an undefeated Auburn next weekend, but I understand the other side of this.

LiterallyPolice
10-02-2014, 06:04 PM
They are assuming we will need Auburn to lose another one at some point. From my perspective I do not personally believe that if we are sitting at 6-2 or 7-1 come the end of the season that we will be trailing Auburn and no way we are trailing 3-5 or 4-4 TAMU. The reason I would rather beat a top 5 Auburn is because I don't think Auburn is that great. In other words, I'm not worried about needing either them or TAMU to lose. I believe owning a tie breaker will be enough if needed at all. SO, I'd rather get the "bigger" win. That's my reasoning.

Yes... All of that's fair. You think we'll beat auburn.

.... But what if we don't? Are you ready to just concede the west at that point?

Sorry... Beating a dead horse, I know.

BulldogBear
10-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Yes... All of that's fair. You think we'll beat auburn.

.... But what if we don't? Are you ready to just concede the west at that point?

Sorry... Beating a dead horse, I know.

If we lose to Auburn, yes, it would be better if they had a loss already. I'm cheering as though we won't though!

Quaoarsking
10-02-2014, 06:20 PM
The Rose Bowl is over 20 miles from UCLA's campus. Good luck getting a bunch of students out there before the sun is up on a Saturday morning for the 6 am Pacific start time of Gameday.

If we and Auburn both win Saturday, it's probably Starkville.