PDA

View Full Version : Sources tell us

elitedawgs
10-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Heat coming down in Oxford due to issues in Wayne County

Anyone heard anything else?

To you Ole Miss readers, thanks for visiting. Click an ad while you are here.

Park duck
10-02-2014, 10:22 AM
BOOM

Big4Dawg
10-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Benito Jones? The 2016 player?

He flipped from Bama to Ole Miss, but the Yahoo article said this was from Nutt. What other OM players came from Wayne?

Mjoelner34
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Benito Jones? The 2016 player?

He flipped from Bama to Ole Miss, but the Yahoo article said this was from Nutt. What other OM players came from Wayne?

Powe?

Big4Dawg
10-02-2014, 10:34 AM
He was in 2007, surely this isn't a 7 year old investigation.

RossDawg82
10-02-2014, 10:36 AM
I thought they said the football violations were all minor or secondary in nature?

Jack Lambert
10-02-2014, 10:42 AM
I thought they said the football violations were all minor or secondary in nature?

They don't investigate those do they? Seems if they are then Ole Miss did not self report.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Riddle me this....

why would an Ole Missus player from Florida, one from Madison Central, and one from Lafayette county take their ACT tests in Wayne County????

The NCAA and I would like to know the answer to this question....

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 11:14 AM
They don't investigate those do they? Seems if they are then Ole Miss did not self report.

The ncaa is not going to investigate secondary violations. 19 is nothing.

AROB44
10-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Riddle me this....

why would an Ole Missus player from Florida, one from Madison Central, and one from Lafayette county take their ACT tests in Wayne County????

Possible answer.....They love the party town atmosphere of Waynesboro.

MSUDeltadawg1971
10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Riddle me this....

Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDAqrywsHE

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Riddle me this....

The driver got lost again?

Dawgbite
10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Riddle me this....

Not really on the subject but my niece who is a high school senior heard fro several people that if you take the ACT at Rust College, you will score 2-4 points higher. She went to Rust and scored 3 points higher than she did at the W.

hailmari
10-02-2014, 12:06 PM
That sucks for me because I took it at Rust and my score was still garbage.

I seen it dawg
10-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm one of these is on the current roster it seems....

Todd4State
10-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Possible answer.....They love the party town atmosphere of Waynesboro.

Buckatunna = most underrated party town in the world.

HailState39110
10-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Riddle me this....

This is just a wild guess, but If it pertains to late into the Houston Nutt era, I assume we are discussing Tobias Singleton and Snoop Brasell? Just a hunch . There were also 2 Florida recruits in that class - Serdarious Bryant & Keith Lewis .

scottycameron
10-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Hmmmm one of these is on the current roster it seems....

well, if you seen it, spill it. Who is it? And if this has some merit then you can bet he sits from here on out. name him and we'll see if he plays saturday. If he doesn't and he has been playing up until now then it's rock solid verified.

Irondawg
10-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Why aren't we spending more time on the allegations about their women's basketball team? Isn't that the focal point of the investigation. I know I was getting sick and tired of watching them manipulate the women's AAU ranks unchecked. ***

fishwater99
10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
The Bears are very defensive on bookface today.. Trying to dismiss this as old news and only about the women's bball team..

I really hope there is more to this and they finally get stung..

notsofarawaydawg
10-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Riddle me this....

Because they needed to attend the POE school of reading to complete the ACT test !!!!

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Don't be hatin' on Buckatunna. That Chevron is the greatest place imaginable.

scottycameron
10-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Ha, I got a picture of the sign on that chevrons front door on my phone, "pants must be pulled up and shirts must be worn for service!!!" I think it's that chevron. You're new avatar gif thing reminded me of it, LOL.

elitedawgs
10-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Something else to think about, Forde reported:

Yahoo Sports filed a Freedom of Information request with Mississippi on Sept. 2 requesting all correspondence between the school and the NCAA Department of Enforcement between Sept. 1, 2013, and Sept. 1, 2014. The request was returned Sept. 26 showing 19 secondary or Level III violations in that time period, with names and affected sports redacted.

Glad to see Hugh Kellenberger is all over it.

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Blah blah, wake me up when it's real.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 02:06 PM

Yahoo Sports filed a Freedom of Information request with Mississippi on Sept. 2 requesting all correspondence between the school and the NCAA Department of Enforcement between Sept. 1, 2013, and Sept. 1, 2014. The request was returned Sept. 26 showing 19 secondary or Level III violations in that time period, with names and affected sports redacted.

So the question is did om release all the info or just enough to keep forde from digging deeper?

Political Hack
10-02-2014, 02:21 PM

communication is between thei legal counsel and the NCAA. FOIA requests will not help in this account. Reporting that makes it look like a minor issue and hides the ongoing investigation. I'm more convinced after this that Forde is squarely in their corner acting as a pawn to hammer State and Help them any chance he gets.