PDA

View Full Version : Possible 20 mph winds during Saturday's game

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Good luck throwing into that Trill

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 5m5 minutes ago
Saturday forecast for Starkville, Miss., from NWS: Sunny, w/ high near 70. NW wind 5-15 mph, w/ gusts as high as 20 mph. Ags-MSU @ 11 am.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Good luck throwing into that Trill

Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 5m5 minutes ago
Saturday forecast for Starkville, Miss., from NWS: Sunny, w/ high near 70. NW wind 5-15 mph, w/ gusts as high as 20 mph. Ags-MSU @ 11 am.

I'll have the full forecast this afternoon. Working on something else right now (Physics Exam) then it's all hands on deck for weather forecasts.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I'll have the full forecast this afternoon. Working on something else right now (Physics Exam) then it's all hands on deck for weather forecasts.

Perfect, can't wait to hear your opinion on this. Seems as though high winds would be a clear advantage for the team that can run the football better.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Perfect, can't wait to hear your opinion on this. Seems as though high winds would be a clear advantage for the team that can run the football better.

It also depends on what direction the winds are coming from. If it's from the N, E, or W then it won't affect the game due to the stadium blocking the winds. If it's from the South or any variation of the South, then it'll affect us. (Hint: It won't be coming from the South)

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't think our North Endzone is tall enough to block out all wind from the field

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't think our North Endzone is tall enough to block out all wind from the field

Maybe not, but it does affect it.

Technetium
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
...Working on something else right now (Physics Exam)...

What course/professor?

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
What course/professor?

Cal-based Physics II with Jinwu Ye

Technetium
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Ah, don't know that name. Assume that's a relatively recent hire.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Ah, don't know that name. Assume that's a relatively recent hire.

Yeah. Just having to try and power through this class.

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Think the forecast from the NWS is winds from the north after the frontal passage tonight.

Jinwu Ye...names like that is why I am glad I didn't have to have physics. I got tired of needing to hire a frigging interpreter to take notes. I remember some of my classes the instructor knew maybe 5 words of English and got those confused. Or my one chemistry lab teacher that was from Eastern bloc country and regardless of how hot it was always abided by two rules. 1. Always wear a sweater and 2. Never wear deodorant.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I am an engineering grad and cal based physics II was the hardest class I had in college, and it's not even close.

Good Luck!

MetEdDawg
10-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Cal-based Physics II with Jinwu Ye

Oh the good ole days of being a meteorology student in cal based physics II with a bunch of engineers. I would say those were simpler times, but I failed my first attempt at that class (with a 57) and had to take it over a summer. Professor screwed me out of a C the second time I took it (got a question right and he wouldn't accept the answer) and ended up with a 68. I hated the physics department and that was back in 2010. Not sure if it's worse now but it would be very hard to be.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Oh the good ole days of being a meteorology student in cal based physics II with a bunch of engineers. I would say those were simpler times, but I failed my first attempt at that class (with a 57) and had to take it over a summer, then got screwed out of a C the second time I took it and ended up with a 68. I hated the physics department.

It's always fun when they use Engineering references in class and I'm just staring at the professor like -___- I don't understand this 17'n reference.

LiterallyPolice
10-02-2014, 10:57 AM
It's always fun when they use Engineering references in class and I'm just staring at the professor like -___- I don't understand this 17'n reference.

I had Dr. Foley for a couple physics classes. Dude was awesome.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2014, 10:58 AM

That's why I sucked at physics. Everything was an engineering reference that I didn't get. I suggested they make a meteorology specific cal based physics II course and see if they could pass that off with the NWS who is the one that made cal based physics II a requirement. Make it more inline with what Dr. Dyer does with atmoshperic dynamics II. Similar principles, but much more meteorology specific and relevant. Would have been way more practical in my opinion.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 11:00 AM
That's why I sucked at physics. Everything was an engineering reference that I didn't get. I suggested they make a meteorology specific cal based physics II course and see if they could pass that off with the NWS who is the one that made cal based physics II a requirement. Make it more inline with what Dr. Dyer does with atmoshperic dynamics II. Similar principles, but much more meteorology specific and relevant. Would have been way more practical in my opinion.

Oh Dr. Dyer...love the man. Taking Tropical from him right now. He just had his second child about a week and a half ago.

Technetium
10-02-2014, 11:17 AM
I had Dr. Foley for a couple physics classes. Dude was awesome.

Dr. Foley was awesome. Hate that he had health problems that forced him to retire. Fantastic professor and great guy.

Johnson85
10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I am an engineering grad and cal based physics II was the hardest class I had in college, and it's not even close.

Good Luck!

That's surprising. Physics II was the hardest physics when I was there, but I don't think it was the hardest class for any engineering major. It was always a Thermo class for MEs, a Circuits class for EE's, one of the Organic Chems for BioEng, etc. It was probably comparable to the hardest Cal class most engineers had to take, although there was at least one good teacher for each Cal class and DE and if you got the good teacher, all of the math classes were pretty manageable.

I'm guessing Physics II being that hard for you had more to do with you getting the shaft on what teacher you had rather than the actual subject matter.

Fred Garvin
10-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Loved Dr Foley. I woke up 45 min into his final and he was very cool about it.

drunkernhelldawg
10-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Think the forecast from the NWS is winds from the north after the frontal passage tonight.

Jinwu Ye...names like that is why I am glad I didn't have to have physics. I got tired of needing to hire a frigging interpreter to take notes. I remember some of my classes the instructor knew maybe 5 words of English and got those confused. Or my one chemistry lab teacher that was from Eastern bloc country and regardless of how hot it was always abided by two rules. 1. Always wear a sweater and 2. Never wear deodorant.

What in hell ya' doin'? Sniffing a guy's underarms? I wouldn't.