PDA

View Full Version : If you're looking for a new place for morning food

TheRef
10-02-2014, 09:57 AM
There's a new Mennonite bakery in town, and I can say that I might need a rehab program to get away from it. It's located between George Sherman and Bulldog Cuts in that little strip mall. If you get a chance, you might want to head there and check out some of their baked goods. I'm addicted and they've only been open about a week.

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 10:16 AM
I wish you hadn't told me this. When I lived in Greenwood I looked for an excuse to go to Connie's Kitchen in Leland. Hands down the best food I have ever eaten. Ref, I am sure you are familiar with it. Does this one have the casserolles, breads, and other things like Connie's does or are they strictly a doughnut, cookie, dessert type place?

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I wish you hadn't told me this. When I lived in Greenwood I looked for an excuse to go to Connie's Kitchen in Leland. Hands down the best food I have ever eaten. Ref, I am sure you are familiar with it. Does this one have the casserolles, breads, and other things like Connie's does or are they strictly a doughnut, cookie, dessert type place?

Think Connie's Kitchen without the plate lunches (actually I don't know if they do plate lunches or not)

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 10:20 AM
If they don't do plate lunches then my budget may not be too bad shot. I loved the roast beef sandwiches they did. Geez, if they do the homemade hashbrown casserolles and stuff like that then I will need a reverse mortgage I'll be in there so often.

MSUDeltadawg1971
10-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Connie's Kitchen poppy seed chicken casserole is the BOMB!

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Connie's Kitchen poppy seed chicken casserole is the BOMB!

Here's a tough one for people from the Greenville/Leland area. Which is more delicious? Connie's Kitchen or Fratesi's?

DudyDawg
10-02-2014, 10:47 AM
They open on Sunday?

TheRef
10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
They open on Sunday?

No.

Tuesday - Friday: 7 AM to 3 PM
Saturday: 8 AM to 2 PM

BeardoMSU
10-02-2014, 11:09 AM
There's a new Mennonite bakery in town, and I can say that I might need a rehab program to get away from it. It's located between George Sherman and Bulldog Cuts in that little strip mall. If you get a chance, you might want to head there and check out some of their baked goods. I'm addicted and they've only been open about a week.

Saw your post, Ref, and immediately went. Uh. May. Zing. Had a super fresh turkey sandwich. The corn bread salad is ballin'.

TheRef
10-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Saw your post, Ref, and immediately went. Uh. May. Zing. Had a super fresh turkey sandwich. The corn bread salad is ballin'.

I told you it's a dangerous place to go because you never want to stop eating.

MSUDeltadawg1971
10-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Here's a tough one for people from the Greenville/Leland area. Which is more delicious? Connie's Kitchen or Fratesi's?

That's a tuff one, they are both good. I like Fratesi's chicken filly and their pork chop sandwich is pretty dang good too!

TheRef
10-02-2014, 11:15 AM
That's a tuff one, they are both good. I like Fratesi's chicken filly and their pork chop sandwich is pretty dang good too!

When you eat Fratesi's, you're not doing anything productive for the next hour or two.