PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on campus and just had Mullen on Sportscenter. We need to

AlSwearengen
10-02-2014, 09:08 AM
try to do what Oregon did a few years back (to a lesser degree obviously because we don't have Nike money). They had a little success on the field and put up a huge billboard in Times Square that had everyone talking. It wasn't long before their program really took off. If Dak and the team can continue what they are doing with the exciting offense, Mullen, etc, etc. we need to have a plan in place to keep our brand out there for everyone to see. Our marketing people need to be ready because we don't get these opportunities often.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 09:21 AM
We are getting FAR more coverage that Ole Miss. They are just covering Ole Miss' tailgate, while they are actually covering our football team. Amazing how that works. Kinda of microcosms for the two schools. Show vs substance

DudyDawg
10-02-2014, 09:43 AM
I think Oregon had a much better opportunity to become a national power due to being out west and in the Pac 10. Though I see what you're saying

AlSwearengen
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I think Oregon had a much better opportunity to become a national power due to being out west and in the Pac 10. Though I see what you're saying

Yeah, they have/had better built in advantages, but back in the day, you never heard about oregon and all of a sudden they took a little on field success and parlayed that with a media blitz and now look at them. On the other hand, if we can sustain some success in the SEC (which carries more weight than the PAC12) and keep our brand in front of people, we could make a move.

hells bells
10-02-2014, 10:07 AM
We are getting FAR more coverage that Ole Miss. They are just covering Ole Miss' tailgate, while they are actually covering our football team. Amazing how that works. Kinda of microcosms for the two schools. Show vs substance

You are correct Gun. Last week I overheard the following from a female bear, " next week college game day will be in Oxford, finally the world will see the grove". Think she forgot about football.