PDA

View Full Version : Pregame speech

Coach 57
10-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Uncertainty is a killer of momentum. Not KNOWING that you KNOW is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on a football field or the field of battle. It causes doubt. It causes hesitation. And it causes impaired judgement. These things list must've been what Joshua felt after Moses' death in the book of Joshua. He HAD to have been scared to death! I mean THE Moses was gone. The title and the honor of being leader was now void. Who was going to do it? God told Joshua more than once to "be" two things. Saturday, we MUST also be these things. We MUST "be strong" and be "courageous". We can NOT be uncertain! We must when we walk out on THAT field in front of our enemies that we ARE certain without lacking courage and strength that the title of leadership in THIS conference WILL BE OURS! We started this journey 2 weeks when we did not relent Vs LSU! Saturday we will continue our assent up this trecherous "hill" of supremacy in this conference. And to do so we must NOT be uncertain of what can now be ours! They MAY be higher ranked than us, but the battle/war is fought on the field not in the papers. To be elite we must TAKE what we KNOW is ours! Without a shadow of a doubt that we can see another body FALL in its journey to be king of the mountain! But it will not happen if we don't have faith! So like Joshua we MUST be strong and courageous and not lack certainty that THIS HILL IS OURS! And we WILL decimate ALL who oppose us or that try to knock us off this hill. It's the climb! The climb that belongs to all champions and we WILL NOT STOP OUR ASSENT!

Pollodawg
10-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Oh, we're about to conquer a Hill no doubt.....

Goat Holder
10-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Sounds like Hugh Freeze crossed with Lou Holtz.

AROB44
10-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Someone needs to adapt this to our football team. This is a portion of Patton's original speech to the Third Army.

"When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living G******ed guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-F***ing-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!"

"I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a G******ed thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like shit through a tin horn!"

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Someone needs to adapt this to our football team. This is a portion of Patton's original speech to the Third Army.

"When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living G******ed guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-F***ing-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!"

"I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a G******ed thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like shit through a tin horn!"

Geoff Collins, is that you?

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 09:52 AM
If I were tasked with it again:

Gentlemen, two weeks ago I told you that we were going to go out there against LSU and shut up everybody that ever laughed at us and told us we weren’t good enough, strong enough, or had enough talent to play with a top 10 team. And you did exactly that. You went out there and embarrassed a team that is not used to being embarrassed. And you did it in front of a record crowd of their fans. You physically dominated LSU in their own backyard.
But that was two weeks ago. LSU is now nothing more than a distant pleasant memory. What we did there has nothing to do with this game in front of us. Nothing. Now we’re facing another top 10 team. Right now they’re in their locker room and they’re making the same mistake LSU did. They think we’re not good enough. They don’t think we have the talent to play with them. They too, have forgotten about what we did two weeks ago. So, gentlemen, I stand in front of you today to tell you it’s time we give another lesson in just what it means to play a team from Mississippi State. It’s time we go out there and make another statement to the SEC of just what it means to step out on the field against us. Two weeks ago we decimated LSU’s dream. Today it’s time to do the same thing to Texas A&M.
In four hours, when they get back on their bus to board the plane I want them to know what LSU knows. I want them to know that you will pay a heavy price for daring to step on the same field we are on. They will pay that price physically and mentally. They will pull out of Starkville, MS, beaten and broken in every way imaginable.
That’s going to happen because we are going to take that field and play that game with a aggression and attitude that we have never played with before. We’re going to play harder, hit harder, and run harder than we ever have. Coach Collins calls our defense the Psycho defense. Today we’re going to make A&M think they are the ones crazy for even showing up and daring to step on our field. Play hard, play aggressive, and play smart. We started a journey two weeks ago. A journey that takes us to Atlanta. Today is the next step in that journey. We’re going to take to together as a team…a family. Now, let’s go take what’s ours.

rbdog82
10-02-2014, 10:36 AM
I'd adapt this for the MSU program.

"In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.

Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.

I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.

Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me – my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail."

quickstrike2
10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Don't give up big plays, don't get beat deep, get pressure on the qb, protect our qb and limit turnovers. Then I'd let the strength coach hell and scream and get then pumped up.