PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo- Elitedawgs were right yet aGAIN???

Coach34
10-02-2014, 07:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mississippi-under-investigation-for-rules-violations-in-multiple-sports-075017671-ncaaf.html

Coach34
10-02-2014, 07:14 AM
During their Gameday week no less

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

FlabLoser
10-02-2014, 07:14 AM
I am sure Ole Miss was truthful and thorough in their response to Yahoo Sports.

Standing by for Joe Schad to drop a bomb on the rebels.

msstate7
10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Bet the library recruiting trips will be toned down this year.

starkvegasdawg
10-02-2014, 07:15 AM
It's here?

msstate7
10-02-2014, 07:17 AM
During their Gameday week no less

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

I have no idea how many segments gameday does, but there are 2 (Dak and ncaa investigation) they will hate

RC3
10-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Meh. Looks minor and looks like it allegedly happened under Nutt. Expect nothing or very little to come of it. At least it may get a few mentions during their weekend with gameday

Dawgface
10-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Nice how they threw in our past sanctions in the article. What does that have to do with an OM investigation?

msstate7
10-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Meh. Looks minor and looks like it allegedly happened under Nutt. Expect nothing or very little to come of it. At least it may get a few mentions during their weekend with gameday

If it just keeps om from pulling out all the stops down the recruiting stretch, it's worth it. Someone tweet Patterson and lewis this great article

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 07:26 AM

This is the thing. They will claim that it was under Nutt, but they are just making Nutt a scape goat, when anyone with any sense, knows it's their boosters. Their boosters need to be punished

MetEdDawg
10-02-2014, 07:28 AM
I have no idea how many segments gameday does, but there are 2 (Dak and ncaa investigation) they will hate

I thought about this earlier this morning. Everyone there in the grove will be able to see the segment on Dak. And guess what they are all going to do?? I guarantee they all boo the hell out of that segment and look like classless idiots on television. I'm sure they will talk some about his mom and talk about that being his driving force for his success at MSU in the segment. And those folks in the grove are going to boo him on national television. They will expose how completely classless they are to everyone in the nation on television and it will be glorious.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 07:29 AM
We kept telling people they were under investigation. That's the bottom line

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2014, 07:39 AM
If it just keeps om from pulling out all the stops down the recruiting stretch, it's worth it. Someone tweet Patterson and lewis this great article
And you are also seeing the impact it is having in their low number of commits so far in this class. I think the NCAA has been slow-playing OM for fun.

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 07:42 AM
They have already started to push the focus of the investigation in the media's eyes to women's basketball. Apparently Sports56 in Memphis got the memo already.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
They have already started to push the focus of the investigation in the media's eyes to women's basketball. Apparently Sports56 in Memphis got the memo already.

Sports56 in Memphis is Rebel Radio. The station is owned by a big Rebel, and they are the flagship station for Ole Miss sports broadcasts. They didn't need a memo.

AlSwearengen
10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Players that were there at that time have had time to cycle out of the program and are no longer playing football (some of whom maybe disgruntled). I wonder if any of them are talking. I am surprised that Bjork would admit to anything though. Not much will come of it, but it is never good to have the ncaa hanging around.

Homedawg
10-02-2014, 07:54 AM
The biggest punishment from most probabtions is the fear of the unknown. The longer this can drag out the better. Even if they end up w a slap on the wrist.

DudyDawg
10-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Nothing to see here. It's all women's basketball! That's how they became a women's hoops power!!!

LeakyD
10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
This investigation may or may not include the current staff. Remember that OM and their fans denied any investigation at all and they had been cleared. If they got away with stuff under Nutt, you can guarantee it continued. Even if they only get hit with minor sanctions, it will slow them down a little.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 08:06 AM
This investigation may or may not include the current staff. Remember that OM and their fans denied any investigation at all and they had been cleared. If they got away with stuff under Nutt, you can guarantee it continued. Even if they only get hit with minor sanctions, it will slow them down a little.

Agree. Hopefully the NCAA realizes this. Who the coach is at Ole Miss has little to do with their what goes on up there.

TrapGame
10-02-2014, 08:08 AM
New AD, new HC and staff but they're investigating what the old AD, Nutt and his staff did four and five years ago?

Yeah, right.

Hobby Lobby!

Jack Lambert
10-02-2014, 08:16 AM
I am sure Ole Miss was truthful and thorough in their response to Yahoo Sports.

Standing by for Joe Schad to drop a bomb on the rebels.

I think they have to be or face criminal charges. You don't play around with the Freedom of Information Act unless your Obama and Eric Holder.

EAVdog
10-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Hmm.... and Jermaine Whitehead is no longer part of the team at Auburn?

Wonder if he's a focus of investigation. Inquiring minds want to know.

cheewgumm
10-02-2014, 08:41 AM
I hate seeing that Forde was on our campus. We should ban that guy from entering Starkville.

AlSwearengen
10-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Agree. Hopefully the NCAA realizes this. Who the coach is at Ole Miss has little to do with their what goes on up there.

To take it further, any coach that isn't fully on board with how they want to recruit won't be hired. They took Cutcliffe so they could get Eli and when Eli moved on, they ran Cutcliffe off b/c he wouldn't go all in with what they wanted to do.

dawgsfinnaeat
10-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Eh this isn't that big of a deal. He said they weren't even slated on the docket for the next round of hearings by the NCAA. I think we need to be careful about talking about investigations. The NCAA doesn't really hand down major penalties anymore

RougeDawg
10-02-2014, 08:57 AM
CJ "mo money" Johnson was recruited by Nutt. The NCAA had every detail to nab them on that one but "where actual furniture delivery truck delivered the free furniture". They knew it was paid for with cash and a handler. They knew CJ's house mysteriously had said furniture at his home from said furniture store, but they had no address or knowing if any delivery truck had dropped off said furniture to said residence on said date. The circumstantial evidence there is difficult to overcome and the NCAA never said the CJ investigation was over. OM did last year.

Barking 13
10-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Nice how they threw in our past sanctions in the article. What does that have to do with an OM investigation?

That's what I was thinking....:mad:

Saltydog
10-02-2014, 08:59 AM
secondary violations............

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/report-football-one-of-ole-miss-sports-under-ncaa-investigation/

Coach34
10-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Eh this isn't that big of a deal. He said they weren't even slated on the docket for the next round of hearings by the NCAA. I think we need to be careful about talking about investigations. The NCAA doesn't really hand down major penalties anymore

Its an ongoing investigation- that means they aren't finished yet. They have been accused of wrongdoing.

Nobody is is saying the death penalty is coming their way- I'm simply pointing out that myself, Hack, and others said they were being investigated. Bafoom and others said we were full of shit. Well, you now see who was actually correct.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2014, 09:08 AM
I'll say this:

Pat Forde is a piece of garbage. I hope Ole Miss burns, but this news isn't new, and this article was written solely for the purpose of putting a black eye on the State of Mississippi this weekend. He even mentions MSU's past problems in the article.

This article's intent wasn't to break a news, it was to cast a shadow on this weekend and was written with poor intentions.

Bully13
10-02-2014, 09:13 AM
" raining on the parade" just had its definition expanded

RougeDawg
10-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Maybe today was the release date of the 2015 Bow Tie Collection, because this article apparently hasn't been seen by the Bafooners yet.

#HobbyLobby

DawgPoundRock
10-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Nutt might snitch on the boosters

SheltonChoked
10-02-2014, 09:29 AM
According to the Twitter profile pictures, several of the coaches were at ole miss at the time. *****

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 09:30 AM
I can't understand why they would choose this week to comply with Forde's FOIA request. He requested it over two weeks ago. They could have complied right away and this probably would be old news or sat on it for one more week. These morons choose Game Day week to release it. Every single time they are in the spotlight they go out of their way to F it all to hell. Never seen a more idiotic bunch in my life.

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Nutt might snitch on the boosters

No chance. He's still lobbying for coaching jobs.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
This may have already been mentioned before but this smells of Jermaine Whitehead payments or gifts received by him from OM boosters.

Whitehead "talks back to a coach" and is suspended for multiple weeks and no one in the Auburn world knows what's going on? I've never heard of a player talking back to a coach being suspended for 3 weeks. That's ridiculous. I think it's more likely that Auburn got wind of the fact that Whitehead may have been ineligible based on gifts received and traced back to someone affilated with OM.

So Auburn yanks him off the field immediately and doesn't get burned with playing an ineligible player and two weeks later OM gets football investigated apparently under their previous coaching regime (which is when Whitehead would have been a recruit). I'm not saying this is what happened, but the pieces fit very comfortably together as a plausible explanation.

Todd4State
10-02-2014, 10:28 AM
It's very interesting to me that this news breaks less than a week after Anthony Alford decides to leave and play baseball full time.

DLGDawg
10-02-2014, 10:34 AM
This may have already been mentioned before but this smells of Jermaine Whitehead payments or gifts received by him from OM boosters.

Whitehead "talks back to a coach" and is suspended for multiple weeks and no one in the Auburn world knows what's going on? I've never heard of a player talking back to a coach being suspended for 3 weeks. That's ridiculous. I think it's more likely that Auburn got wind of the fact that Whitehead may have been ineligible based on gifts received and traced back to someone affilated with OM.

So Auburn yanks him off the field immediately and doesn't get burned with playing an ineligible player and two weeks later OM gets football investigated apparently under their previous coaching regime (which is when Whitehead would have been a recruit). I'm not saying this is what happened, but the pieces fit very comfortably together as a plausible explanation.

This makes mucho sense!!!

blacklistedbully
10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I do find it a little troubling the article said TSUN is not under any further investigation for things under the current staff. We know damned well they were cheating hard with the CJ, Tunsil, Treadwell BS.

TrapGame
10-02-2014, 11:02 AM
I do find it a little troubling the article said TSUN is not under any further investigation for things under the current staff. We know damned well they were cheating hard with the CJ, Tunsil, Treadwell BS.

But maybe this is the thread that unravels the sweater.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 11:18 AM
But maybe this is the thread that unravels the sweater.

there is more than has been reported today

Bully13
10-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Is the author getting his info from ole miss or the NCAA?

msstate7
10-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Wonder how the Chris jones' ncaa interview fits into this

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 11:21 AM

The article does not say that. Forde's source said he does not believe the current staff is being looked at. They very well could be. It is more than obvious OM released as little as possible. The NCAA isn't going to investigate a school over a year for womens basketball and 19 secondary violations.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 11:24 AM
The article does not say that. Forde's source said he does not believe the current staff is being looked at. They very well could be. It is more than obvious OM released as little as possible. The NCAA isn't going to investigate a school over a year for womens basketball and 19 secondary violations.

Well, Ole Missus had admitted to being under investigation- so the NCAA is indeed investigating something

MrKotter
10-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Well, Ole Missus had admitted to being under investigation- so the NCAA is indeed investigating something

I'm saying what Forde is being told is only a minor portion of the truth. There is more to it than women basketball and secondary violations. Those two alone don't warrant the amount of time spent on the investigation. There obviously is something more substantial

Johnson85
10-02-2014, 11:35 AM
I think they have to be or face criminal charges. You don't play around with the Freedom of Information Act unless your Obama and Eric Holder.

Yes you do. People routinely flout the FOIA and Mississippi's Public Records Act. You just claim some bullshit confidentiality or privacy concern like Ole Miss did with Veazey's requests. Even if you ultimately can't support it, worst case scenario you delay the release until the information is stale. In the vast majority of cases, the people making the requests will not want to go through the extended litigation to force compliance. Most of the time if you deny, deny, deny, they will just fall by the wayside. IN the unlikely event you are dealing with somebody willing to go through the trouble, unfortunately, I don't think people routinely get popped for violating the law. To the extent they do, it's apparently not stiff enough punishment to act as a deterrent, as most gov't entities seem completely willing to run that risk.

Coach34
10-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm saying what Forde is being told is only a minor portion of the truth. There is more to it than women basketball and secondary violations. Those two alone don't warrant the amount of time spent on the investigation. There obviously is something more substantial

Gotcha- yes, that is correct

hells bells
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
there is more than has been reported today

C34, that post intrigues me. Sorta like you know what I am getting for Christmas and your just itching to tell me. Hope I am right.

campshelbydog
10-02-2014, 03:00 PM
CJ "mo money" Johnson was recruited by Nutt. The NCAA had every detail to nab them on that one but "where actual furniture delivery truck delivered the free furniture". They knew it was paid for with cash and a handler. They knew CJ's house mysteriously had said furniture at his home from said furniture store, but they had no address or knowing if any delivery truck had dropped off said furniture to said residence on said date. The circumstantial evidence there is difficult to overcome and the NCAA never said the CJ investigation was over. OM did last year.

CJ Johnson got paid to go to Ole Miss, but we were the ones who shut the furniture investigaton down. I can promise you that we don't want any furniture findings to come out. They are huge state supporters. The lawyer that CJ Johnson's mom works for and the furniture owner don't talk any more. You can read between those lines like you want to.

TUSK
10-02-2014, 03:37 PM
R

E

C

Puttin in OT this week!

fishwater99
10-02-2014, 03:41 PM

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/report-football-one-of-ole-miss-sports-under-ncaa-investigation/

"Again, it’s thought that Freeze, who is in his third year with the Rebels, is not involved in any major NCAA violations. Whether any of the potential violations connected to the previous regime or regimes are major in nature remains to be seen."