PDA

View Full Version : So, aTm's top 3 tacklers against Ark were 2 corners and a safety

DancingRabbit
10-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Those fellas may still be sore come Saturday. I predict a few stiff-arms coming their way.

Apparently their best LB, Mastrogiovanni, is hurt (or was) and the whole unit is a bit of a mess - not so great getting off blocks and weak in coverage.

aTm was getting killed by play-action trying to stop the run. I think our scheme and Dak's threat to run will keep them off-balance worse than Ark did.

Our play calling against LSU, especially the 1st half was a thing of beauty. Will Dak know what the defense is going to do before they do it again this week?

BulldogBear
10-01-2014, 04:30 PM
When safeties and corners lead in tackles it is not a good sign.

missouridawg
10-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Arky was two holding calls away from a 42-14 lead in the fourth. Both calls on play action TD passes that were of no consequence to the actual play.

DistrictDawg92
10-01-2014, 05:06 PM
If we execute the offense perfectly Saturday for 60 minutes, we could see 60 points.

maroonmania
10-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Arky was two holding calls away from a 42-14 lead in the fourth. Both calls on play action TD passes that were of no consequence to the actual play.

If we can hold TA&M to 14 points for 3.5 quarters like Arkansas did I feel VERY good about us winning. I am not sure we can do that though.

DistrictDawg92
10-01-2014, 05:13 PM
If we can hold TA&M to 14 points for 3.5 quarters like Arkansas did I feel VERY good about us winning. I am not sure we can do that though.

I'm not sure that will happen, but not bc our defense is worse than Arkansas. You have to consider how much Arkansas offense slows down the game, yes we run a lot but our offense is much more up tempo. Both MSU and aTm will get a lot more possessions than what u saw in the upig game.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2014, 05:14 PM

I can see us holding them to 2 TDs and 2 FGs through 3 quarters, plus 2 TDs in the 4th.

msstate7
10-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I can see us holding them to 2 TDs and 2 FGs through 3 quarters, plus 2 TDs in the 4th.

34 points... I'll take that right now. I feel we win if they don't reach 45

Political Hack
10-01-2014, 05:35 PM
2-3 scores.

Dawgcentral
10-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Being at home should play a big role. If Arky can get into overtime in Dallas, why can't we do better?

I'm not taking A&M lightly, since they are going to make a hard run at us late when we have a 10-14 point lead, but my thinking is that we've turned the corner. We make that late interception or force the turnover by the QB since he's been hit hard a dozen times during the game.

This is our chance to show the world we have arrived. I want to see the same state of preparedness and energy we saw vs LSU, and I want the crowd to play a role.

Coach34
10-01-2014, 05:57 PM
We are the more balanced offense
We are better on defense
We have had 2 weeks to prepare
We are at home

It's really a no-brainer

defiantdog
10-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Those fellas may still be sore come Saturday. I predict a few stiff-arms coming their way.

Apparently their best LB, Mastrogiovanni, is hurt (or was) and the whole unit is a bit of a mess - not so great getting off blocks and weak in coverage.

aTm was getting killed by play-action trying to stop the run. I think our scheme and Dak's threat to run will keep them off-balance worse than Ark did.

Our play calling against LSU, especially the 1st half was a thing of beauty. Will Dak know what the defense is going to do before they do it again this week?

That usually happens when you can't stop the run. A&M's defense is similar to LSU (they are good at covering the pass.... not so much the run though). JRob and Dak should be able to hit the second level often.