PDA

View Full Version : Blake Simms is hurt

dawgsfinnaeat
10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Bears catching another break. There's a video on AL.com of him going through drills doing everything left handed. He didn't throw when the other QBs threw. I think Coker could get the job done but the bears wouldn't have a shot with a healthy Simms.

defiantdog
10-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Doesn't matter.... Bama just needs to RTGDF to win this game

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Injury report site I go to still has him listed as probable as of this morning.

dawgsfinnaeat
10-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Yea he's listed as full go I just don't think he's as healthy as he could be. He separated his shoulder vs florida

yjnkdawg
10-01-2014, 01:48 PM
OM has been and is the luckiest team in college football. I hope Simms can go and play to his potential, but if not, I still think Bama bursts the OM hype bubble.

DawgInMemphis
10-01-2014, 01:53 PM
OM has been and is the luckiest team in college football. I hope Simms can go and play to his potential, but if not, I still think Bama bursts the OM hype bubble.

OM has nothing on Auburn in the luck department.

Boya
10-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Yep, they sure were lucky while going 2-10 and losing 16 straight SEC games.

And apparently you didn't watch Auburn last year...

LC Dawg
10-01-2014, 01:56 PM
If Sims is hurt I hope Bama runs the single wing to a 56-0 win.

quickstrike2
10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Auburn is one of the luckiest I have ever seen, just judging by last year alone. The Bearsharks are also pretty lucky, getting Texas last year when they were very down in terms of their program. Scheduling Boise when they are still somewhat a popular name, but no where near what they were. Couple of good breaks there.

yjnkdawg
10-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Saban reports that Blake Sims has no issues with his shoulder injury.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/10/alabama_qb_blake_sims_hasnt_ha.html

yjnkdawg
10-01-2014, 02:13 PM

That's true for sure, I kind of got caught up in the news of Sims' injury. My bad there. OM has had their luck in the past, but nothing compared to Auburn luck.

RossDawg82
10-01-2014, 02:16 PM
So what, it would be more fun to watch Bama's backup throw for 350 against that #1 Defense in the entire world

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
So what, it would be more fun to watch Bama's backup throw for 350 against that #1 Defense in the entire world

^^^this

drunkernhelldawg
10-01-2014, 02:39 PM
If he doesn't play, this game becomes a pickem. I've seen a little of Sims this season. He's very good. I'll be shocked if their backup is not a big downgrade.

thf24
10-01-2014, 02:57 PM
If he doesn't play, this game becomes a pickem. I've seen a little of Sims this season. He's very good. I'll be shocked if their backup is not a big downgrade.

Coker, the backup, would have gotten the starting nod at the beginning of the season if Sims hadn't shown out in their final scrimmage. Saban also played Coker for about 40% of their first few games; he wouldn't have done that if Sims was head and shoulders better. I agree that Sims is good and the better option, but given that they're run-heavy anyway, I don't think Sims being out would have a game-changing impact.

Coackjek
10-01-2014, 03:05 PM

This and then some.

drunkernhelldawg
10-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Coker, the backup, would have gotten the starting nod at the beginning of the season if Sims hadn't shown out in their final scrimmage. Saban also played Coker for about 40% of their first few games; he wouldn't have done that if Sims was head and shoulders better. I agree that Sims is good and the better option, but given that they're run-heavy anyway, I don't think Sims being out would have a game-changing impact.

Appreciate the info. I was seeing the game as close anyway. I know that most people disagree, but that's just how I see it. That's why I do think a qb change could make the difference. We'll see.

msstate7
10-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Can Coker hand the ball off? If so, I'm not worried. Bama's running game will win this game not their qbs

Jack Lambert
10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Listening to H to H they had the side line guy for Alabama on and he said that it was not a full seperation and there is not problem as of yesterday and everything was ok and will play.

Original48
10-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Saban reports that Blake Sims has no issues with his shoulder injury.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/10/alabama_qb_blake_sims_hasnt_ha.html

"I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," Saban said

DownwardDawg
10-01-2014, 04:09 PM

I just disagree. Without the 4 turnovers, Bama would have beaten Florida 60-0. They never even slowed Bama down and never came close to scoring without the turnovers. Saban will have that cleaned up. This game will be like State vs USM. The bears will be fired up but will lay down once they get smacked a little.

drunkernhelldawg
10-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I just disagree. Without the 4 turnovers, Bama would have beaten Florida 60-0. They never even slowed Bama down and never came close to scoring without the turnovers. Saban will have that cleaned up. This game will be like State vs USM. The bears will be fired up but will lay down once they get smacked a little.

Hope you're right. Would enjoy seeing that.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2014, 04:32 PM

I suspect the current line takes into account that Sims is dinged up.

RougeDawg
10-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Auburn is one of the luckiest I have ever seen, just judging by last year alone. The Bearsharks are also pretty lucky, getting Texas last year when they were very down in terms of their program. Scheduling Boise when they are still somewhat a popular name, but no where near what they were. Couple of good breaks there.

You seem to have forgotten that OM was supposed to play Boose 2 years ago, when Boise was much stronger OM knew that was a loss so they pushed the game back and schedule the school for the blind instead. Which translated into barely making a bowl at 6-6, subsequently fueling 2 recruiting classes, and the unwarranted hype they have now. If they play Boise when they were originally scheduled to, OM would still be squandering in irrelevancy. But they'll be headed back that direction around 6 PM Saturday evening.

PMDawg
10-01-2014, 04:51 PM
If our back-up QB can beat them, I'm sure Bama's can too.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2014, 04:53 PM
So, by halftime, more people in VHS or the grove?

Oxfordawg
10-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I heard they had Simms going oppo to practice for the 3rd quarter. Saban the Merciful

Percho
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Henry may have over 300 yards against the Rebs.

Percho
10-01-2014, 06:27 PM
So, by halftime, more people in VHS or the grove?

Easy question. The grove.