PDA

View Full Version : Penalty for using the landshark sign

Boodawg
10-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I have seen UM use the landshark sign several times up to this point, they never get penalized for it. What the hell is up with that? If you call it on the opposing team there is no way you can legitimize not calling it on UM. I don't think there is an explanation that can be given to convince me that UM should not be penalized while other teams doing it should. What a crock of ****.

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2014, 12:52 PM
I have seen UM use the landshark sign several times up to this point, they never get penalized for it. What the hell is up with that? If you call it on the opposing team there is no way you can legitimize not calling it on UM. I don't think there is an explanation that can be given to convince me that UM should not be penalized while other teams doing it should. What a crock of ****.

They don't call it when you flash it and put it away (like CJ and Josh Robinson did last year). But if you throw it up and run with it for 20 yards (like McPhee did), it's gonna get called because it's taunting.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-01-2014, 01:13 PM
They are also more likely to get leeway with it because it is "their thing", whereas doing it against them is seen just as taunting them by throwing "their thing" in their face.

maroonmania
10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
They are also more likely to get leeway with it because it is "their thing", whereas doing it against them is seen just as taunting them by throwing "their thing" in their face.

That is certified bulls**t. NO TEAM should have "their thing" that they are allowed to do during gameplay that some other team can't do. Bottom line is OM should not be allowed to do it because it is certainly a form of taunting. I can't believe the SEC allows it go on because it just riles tempers. That is EXACTLY why teams want to do it back to them. Heck, we should be able to bring back doing the Dog Pound Rock on the field since that is "our thing" if that is the justification.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-01-2014, 01:25 PM
I agree with you on the DPR. And whether they should be doing it or not, what I said is the reality.

MadDawg
10-01-2014, 01:32 PM
So if we make the "throat slash" OUR THING, we can't get penalized for it, but our opponents will? SWEET!!!!1!1

maroonmania
10-01-2014, 01:45 PM
So if we make the "throat slash" OUR THING, we can't get penalized for it, but our opponents will? SWEET!!!!1!1

All premeditated, orchestrated gestures SHOULD be illegal. Spontaneous short-lived celebrations are different. There is no way the landshark signage should be allowed to occur unpenalized and I'm shocked enough other SEC teams haven't made it an issue to get it stopped.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I'd just much rather make our thing having more points on the scoreboard when the clock hits 00:00. That's the best form of taunting there is and it can't be flagged.