PDA

View Full Version : "LSU may not beat any team in the West" - McCready

MadDawg
10-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Another rebel talking point has begun to surface. Our win over LSU in Death Valley is really, really eating at them. Now the mantra is that LSU is so bad, they will not beat any team in the West.

I'll bet that doesn't happen.

DudyDawg
10-01-2014, 11:32 AM
I can think of at least one team that won't win in Death Valley...

DownwardDawg
10-01-2014, 11:35 AM
LSU will beat om, arky, maybe auburn and ATM.

curmudgeon
10-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Just win and stop worrying about what is being said. Geez.

MSUDawg4Life
10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
They are going to beat the Bears. "I garontee."

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HjIJfr2yBWQ/hqdefault.jpg

thf24
I'm trying not to be a homer, but I think LSU isn't bad at all and we won because we're just that good. They started out slow because of inexperience, but that's going to change as the season goes on. I think for once it's going to be a win for us that looks better at the end of season than it did at the time. They're going to beat OM, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, and have an even shot at Auburn and aTm.

DudyDawg
Just win and stop worrying about what is being said. Geez.

I hate statements like that. It's college football. What do you want to do, on a message board no less, just talk about it for the few days post game where we talk about the stats and nothing else? Come on.

Coach34
10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm trying not to be a homer, but I think LSU isn't bad at all and we won because we're just that good.

well, that's the whole point in all this. Ole Missus fans and others are hoping like hell we really arent as good as we looked.

MetEdDawg
10-01-2014, 11:42 AM
They better pray they are right. The reason why we were successful in Baton Rouge was because we have the offense and the defense that can travel on the road and be successful. OM may have the defense to travel but I don't think they have the offense to travel on the road and be successful. Hell they put up 7 points through 3 quarters on Memphis at home so they don't really have an offense that does well at home either.

To me the measure of how good a team is is what units travel well. Typically those are your more experienced and deep units. We have that at almost every position on the field which is why we will have success on both sides of the football in every game we play this year. OM is talented on defense but not as deep. That will keep them in games with good teams but I think prevent them from winning one. Their offense isn't that talented and isn't that terribly deep either. To me that is their limiting factor. Can they score enough to be road successful. I don't think so which is why they better win a big game at home because I don't see them beating any good SEC team on the road this year.

msstate7
10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Next week... aTm's only sec west win will be ark

thunderclap
10-01-2014, 11:55 AM
The worst thing that happens to McCready and all his homers is that the games get to be played. Talk will dry up soon.

BulldogBear
10-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Actually on that one, I don't think that's out of the question. Smoke and Mirrors. Though they may indeed beat the Bears in College Station next week.

cheewgumm
10-01-2014, 12:07 PM
I think LSU is going to beat Auburn this weekend.

RC3
10-01-2014, 12:08 PM
They are gonna get it together and win some games and then their party line is going to be that we beat them while they were still starting Jennings

Covercorner2
10-01-2014, 12:16 PM
LSU will win this weekend...

Rick Danko
10-01-2014, 12:18 PM
They are gonna get it together and win some games and then their party line is going to be that we beat them while they were still starting Jennings

THIS^^^^ That party line has been brewing since Harris attempted a comeback against our second string, rush 3, prevent defense. "If only he had been in the whole game, there is no way State would have won."
I'm sure if we win Saturday, it will be that "Arkansas finally exposed how to beat A&M and we just took advantage, A&M will be lucky to win one more game in the west." Same shit, different day.

maroonmania
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM

Well they already have 2 wins (Ark and SC).

msstate7
10-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Well they already have 2 wins (Ark and SC).

Pretty sure USCe is in the east :)

basedog
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Lsu will not beat Auburn, Auburn has the biggest horseshoe that was ever made! I don't think Lsu can protect their QB and I can't see a freshmen QB beating Ellis Johnson's D, he's gonna stack the line and make Lsu beat them passing.

Johnson85
10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't think any team in the west will go o-fer, but if I was going to put money on a team it would be ole miss or Arkansas.

maroonmania
10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Pretty sure USCe is in the east :)

Ah, didn't catch the West part.

Mutt the Hoople
10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
LSU Ole Miss is so bad, they will not beat any team in the West.

Fixed it for you

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I think LSU is going to beat Auburn this weekend.

And if they do, and we win, and Ole Miss loses, expect the Rebs to go into full panic.

msstate7
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
And if they do, and we win, and Ole Miss loses, expect the Rebs to go into full panic.

Nah... aTm, lsu, and auburn are all extremely overrated. Om will beat all 3 badly. This is the best bama team ever.

BulldogBear
10-01-2014, 01:10 PM

Yeah, and my response will be you spankers beat us when we still had Croom. So, that means it don't count right?

Tdawg
10-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Another rebel talking point has begun to surface. Our win over LSU in Death Valley is really, really eating at them. Now the mantra is that LSU is so bad, they will not beat any team in the West.

I'll bet that doesn't happen.

He also said he currently has MSU rated higher than Ole Miss. He also said that Bama would beat Ole Miss. Look, guys, we made LSU look baaaaaaaad--at their place--at night. THEY LOOKED BAD--because we looked good. They looked like a team that could lose to every team in the West because every team in the west is damn good. Seriously, you could be a top 30 team and go ofer the SEC West. Could happen to Arkansas, LSU or Ole Miss. That was about as fair an interview as I've ever heard from an Ole Miss beat reporter and to suggest otherwise just makes us look stupid.

QuadrupleOption
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
THIS^^^^ That party line has been brewing since Harris attempted a comeback against our second string, rush 3, prevent defense. "If only he had been in the whole game, there is no way State would have won."
I'm sure if we win Saturday, it will be that "Arkansas finally exposed how to beat A&M and we just took advantage, A&M will be lucky to win one more game in the west." Same shit, different day.

Now that there's game film on Harris I don't think he's going to be much better than Jennings was.

He has the confidence of the other Offensive players at LSU currently but I really don't think he brings much to the table over Jennings. If he did, he would have been named the starter at the beginning of the season.

Jennings' stats prior to our game weren't Earth-shaking but they weren't terrible either.

cheewgumm
10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Auburn hasn't exactly looked great. K state should have beat them. People are mistaken thinking LSU is going to lose out now . They have a good chance of beating auburn this weekend I think.