PDA

View Full Version : OM orchestrating Gameday..

DCdawg
10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
If you didn't see already, OM has requested that if Corso picks OM that he not use the RebelBear mascot head. https://twitter.com/hkellenbergercl/status/517152315959021569

In a fantasy world where Corse picks OM, what's the perfect thing to use? He could use the admiral ackbar head. Or put on a seersucker suit and chug a bottle of cough syrup.

RC3
10-01-2014, 08:16 AM
this may be wrong, but a white hood would be appropriate

HereComesTheSpiral
10-01-2014, 08:20 AM
A James Meredith mask and a noose?***

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2014, 08:20 AM
So Corso arranges for whatever he uses directly....
Wouldn't it be awesome if he whipped out a cowbell and said "I'm picking the Ole Miss Bulldogs"

BossDawg
10-01-2014, 08:21 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Corso pick the Bears just because UMiss appears to be nothing more than a media darling, and it would definitely get things stirred up.

mjh94
10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
so what the hell do they (UM) want him to use?

If you didn't see already, OM has requested that if Corso picks OM that he not use the RebelBear mascot head. https://twitter.com/hkellenbergercl/status/517152315959021569

In a fantasy world where Corse picks OM, what's the perfect thing to use? He could use the admiral ackbar head. Or put on a seersucker suit and chug a bottle of cough syrup.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2014, 08:25 AM
so what the hell do they (UM) want him to use?

The Shepard Smith and Yancy approved landshark:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/087/1/2/_land_shark_by_kdragmire-d4u6r7a.jpg

godlluB
10-01-2014, 08:26 AM
they want him to use a football helmet.

Dawgface
10-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Has he ever used a football helmet?

LeakyD
10-01-2014, 08:32 AM
He will put on a Bo Wallace head to indicate he's picking Bama.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2014, 08:37 AM
He will put on a Bo Wallace head to indicate he's picking Bama.

That's funny!

mic
10-01-2014, 08:38 AM
The game day crew may actually leave oxford with deeper pockets......

LC Dawg
10-01-2014, 08:38 AM
So the school named after the slave owner's wife decides to try to distance itself from its racist past and gets rid of the Colonel Reb mascot. Their fans are so mad that the school is trying to distance itself from its racist path that they don't support the new mascot. The school is so scared of a backlash from its racist fans that they ask ESPN to not use their school approved mascot. This sounds like a good story for the Gameday crew.

TrapGame
10-01-2014, 08:44 AM
they want him to use a football helmet.

Probably one of those ugly powder blue helmets.

RougeDawg
10-01-2014, 08:56 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. And I'm also guessing they did not pick a klan member as the guest "picker" for fear of pissing off the rest, thus instigating a protest in the background.

RougeDawg
10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
And just think, GameDay will be so flabbergasted at how pitiful the team they chose this week actually is, the probably will not come back to Mississippi to host the dominant more consistent program the last half decade.

Bubb Rubb
10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
So the school named after the slave owner's wife decides to try to distance itself from its racist past and gets rid of the Colonel Reb mascot. Their fans are so mad that the school is trying to distance itself from its racist path that they don't support the new mascot. The school is so scared of a backlash from its racist fans that they ask ESPN to not use their school approved mascot. This sounds like a good story for the Gameday crew.

I'm actually loving the gameday visit for them more and more. It really puts a spotlight on their identity crisis. They don't even know who they are.

hells bells
10-01-2014, 10:30 AM
That's funny!

Jack, just saw the Clarion Ledger. Corso on the front page with a Ole Miss hat and very gay looking mustache and go tie. More less the confederate reb. O my.

Bully Dee Williams
10-01-2014, 11:18 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Coach34
10-01-2014, 11:25 AM

well said

Political Hack
10-01-2014, 11:58 AM
this is sad. Is Bama saying don't use be elephants head because they're the "tide"?

TimberBeast
10-01-2014, 12:08 PM

Someone needs to fark the gameday crew with corso wearing a white hood. Please make this happen.

FlabLoser
10-01-2014, 01:48 PM

They are willingly declining a golden opportunity to distance themselves from their Old South brand. Instead of using this to further distance themselves from their problematic past, they are holding it near to them at arm's reach. They want to ditch the Old South, but not so far away that they don't still enjoy it.

Kind of like keeping a mistress around. BTW, the definition of mistress has at least a little bit of overlap with the origins of Ole Miss. How poetic.

Bully13
10-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Farking the gameday crew with coros's head covered with a pillow case and a "corso picks the rebs" caption would be good.

RC3
10-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Throw in some burning crosses as the backdrop please

sandwolf
10-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Jack, just saw the Clarion Ledger. Corso on the front page with a Ole Miss hat and very gay looking mustache and go tie. More less the confederate reb. O my.

It appears as though that picture has been removed......it now shows Corso putting the elephant head on. Haha, I can only imagine the phone calls and tweets that the CL got from the bear fans.

drunkernhelldawg
10-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Be interesting to see how good a job they do at keeping the battle flag off of the nation's tv's.