PDA

View Full Version : McCready was pretty good on Bo Bounds this morning

Tdawg
10-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Managed to pick Alabama to beat Ole Miss, said he has MSU rated higher than OM in his power rankings, made fun of Alabama fans with a solid B+ redneck accent, actually offered some meaningful insight into the OM-Bama game and why he thinks Ole Miss isn't ready, and basically called himself the Scott Van Pelt of Mississippi. Not bad for a blatant homer.

msstate7
10-01-2014, 08:04 AM
He's no SVP

RC3
10-01-2014, 08:10 AM
he is easily the least homerish beat/blog guy they have

Tdawg
10-01-2014, 08:20 AM
He's no SVP

Pretty sure he was referring to hair style--right after he mentioned that he had to take out a restraining order against most sororities as apparently those girls like middle-aged bald men.

MadDawg
10-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Heard the recurring theme out of oxford repeated though. Apparently the boys up in bear land don't like the recent media's characterization of Bo as being either "good Bo" or "bad Bo". As in, you never know which you are going to get in a game, the good or bad version of Bo. Well, apparently the memo went out to discredit this. I heard Dick Cross on H2H last night talk about how that is a stupid take, and that Bo actually is always good. Then AGAIN this morning I heard McCready talk about how that was an inaccurate characterization. And that Bo is always good (unless his bad decisions come back to burn him..... uh duh?). Anyway, I doubt that was just coincidence.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Heard the recurring theme out of oxford repeated though. Apparently the boys up in bear land don't like the recent media's characterization of Bo as being either "good Bo" or "bad Bo". As in, you never know which you are going to get in a game, the good or bad version of Bo. Well, apparently the memo went out to discredit this. I heard Dick Cross on H2H last night talk about how that is a stupid take, and that Bo actually is always good. Then AGAIN this morning I heard McCready talk about how that was an inaccurate characterization. And that Bo is always good (unless his bad decisions come back to burn him..... uh duh?). Anyway, I doubt that was just coincidence.
Either way, there's no excuse for a 5th year senior that has been in the same system for his whole career to be making the dumb plays that he has. I expect him to come out sharp because he is a gamer, but that o-line can't hold back the pressure forever and he will make a bad throw that will cost his team. Also, Bo's numbers are inflated from the system they run. With no inside run game, they use passes to the rb's to act as some of their run game and that inflates his passing yards and completion percentage significantly.

BLITZII
10-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Good Bo or Bad Bo - Does not matter - TSUN is the exact same team offensively as last year. Their defense is better! But, this will not win them games against the better programs due to lack of offensive production. The defense cannot stay on the field the entire game without getting tired.

They will be 7-5 with a bowl.

BLITZII
10-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Good Bo or Bad Bo - Does not matter - TSUN is the exact same team offensively as last year. Their defense is better! But, this will not win them games against the better programs due to lack of offensive production. The defense cannot stay on the field the entire game without getting tired.

They will be 7-5 with a bowl.

Ok, I thought I better add a little more to my comments above. When I refer to lack of offensive production, I mean run game.

2013 Stats = 4.7 yds & 190.0 yds per game (Full Season Stats)
2014 Stats = 4.0 yds & 160.8 yds per game (Four games this year)

M.Fillmore
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Ok, I thought I better add a little more to my comments above. When I refer to lack of offensive production, I mean run game.

2013 Stats = 4.7 yds & 190.0 yds per game (Full Season Stats)
2014 Stats = 4.0 yds & 160.8 yds per game (Four games this year)

So in 2014 the Bears trail 2013 and the tough defenses have yet to be played.

McReady is bogus. He is a homer who occasionally goes contrarian to the standard bear line to "prove" he is an outlier (or outliar, your choice).