PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Dak.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:00 PM
If the university/athletic department won't get off their ass and do it, we need to set up a site or work with a per-existing one puffing Dak up for the Heisman votes. Surely, we have some folks on here who are interwebs savvy enough to get this done. If possible, we could even link it up with various MSU websites:

3rdand57
SPS
Maroon and White nation
sectalk.com (I know the guys that own this site, and they would be happy to entertain proposals on a joint mission to get this done.)

We could list his stats, how he compares to other Heisman winners in the past numbers wise, his personal story about losing his mom and being raised in a one parent home before that, his QBR, etc.

We need to get this done.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Grass roots, folks. Grass roots is where it has to start.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 09:18 PM
If the university/athletic department won't get off their ass and do it, we need to set up a site or work with a per-existing one puffing Dak up for the Heisman votes. Surely, we have some folks on here who are interwebs savvy enough to get this done. If possible, we could even link it up with various MSU websites:

3rdand57
SPS
Maroon and White nation
sectalk.com (I know the guys that own this site, and they would be happy to entertain proposals on a joint mission to get this done.)

We could list his stats, how he compares to other Heisman winners in the past numbers wise, his personal story about losing his mom and being raised in a one parent home before that, his QBR, etc.

We need to get this done.

I mean.... I've seen Dak on TV just about everyday in the past two weeks. I would say he is getting plenty of attention.

If we win Saturday, I think you will really see the Heisman stuff ramped up. If we beat A&M and Auburn, then I think he could be front runner.

We are still early in the season and he is creeping up the lists. If he plays well and we win, he will receive all the promotion he needs. The media is literally rooting for Dak because they need a good story, instead of domestic violence, frat parties, stealing crabs, standing on tables yelling obscenities.

Dak will be the media darling if we continue to win.

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:29 PM
I mean.... I've seen Dak on TV just about everyday in the past two weeks. I would say he is getting plenty of attention.

If we win Saturday, I think you will really see the Heisman stuff ramped up. If we beat A&M and Auburn, then I think he could be front runner.

We are still early in the season and he is creeping up the lists. If he plays well and we win, he will receive all the promotion he needs. The media is literally rooting for Dak because they need a good story, instead of domestic violence, frat parties, stealing crabs, standing on tables yelling obscenities.

Very true, he is getting and will continue to get a lot of media love.

But if we are gonna talk about taking it to the next level, as in WINNING the Heisman, not just being mentioned in the conversation, we have to be organized and we have to target the voters.

I have the same idea as OP in terms of a website where fans can download wallpapers, Facebook cover photos, other social media tools to take the hype to the next level. What's more, we have to show how Dak's stats compare to his competitors as well as historical dual threat QBs. For example, does anyone know that Dak's stats equal Mariota's this year, who is the favorite to win? What's more, he is far ahead of last year's winner, James Winston in terms of numbers.

This without mentioning the quality of competition State plays vs Oregon and FSU.

We have to be proactive because the average fan is too lazy to put forth the effort to do any meaningful research. State fans should know better than anyone that we're judged based on box scores even by the supposedly educated media.

The time is now, who knows when the next candidate will arrive. Dak's story is very powerful, and his numbers are on par with what a Heisman winner should have, no one seems to know that. Its not enough just being mentioned.

In terms of resources, I can develop and host the entire site through my company but it will take sites like ED to help get the word out.

I've already contacted the owners here about this and hopefully they share the vision.

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:32 PM
I wanted to also add that the site I'm working on will have a list of all He is man voters and anyone can go and click and tweet at them with a info graphic which will be updated weekly. This kind of organization is what it will take to win.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Very true, he is getting and will continue to get a lot of media love.

But if we are gonna talk about taking it to the next level, as in WINNING the Heisman, not just being mentioned in the conversation, we have to be organized and we have to target the voters.

I have the same idea as OP in terms of a website where fans can download wallpapers, Facebook cover photos, other social media tools to take the hype to the next level. What's more, we have to show how Dak's stats compare to his competitors as well as historical dual threat QBs. For example, does anyone know that Dak's stats equal Mariota's this year, who is the favorite to win? What's more, he is far ahead of last year's winner, James Winston in terms of numbers.

This without mentioning the quality of competition State plays vs Oregon and FSU.

We have to be proactive because the average fan is too lazy to put forth the effort to do any meaningful research. State fans should know better than anyone that we're judged based on box scores even by the supposedly educated media.

The time is now, who knows when the next candidate will arrive. Dak's story is very powerful, and his numbers are on par with what a Heisman winner should have, no one seems to know that. Its not enough just being mentioned.

In terms of resources, I can develop and host the entire site through my company but it will take sites like ED to help get the word out.

I've already contacted the owners here about this and hopefully they share the vision.

This. All day every day. Dak winning will get him in the door, but a well coordinated effort from several parties could get him over the top.

RC3
09-30-2014, 09:33 PM
If he wins Saturday while putting up the numbers necessary for us to win, the hype will take care of itself and it will be much more than us as state fans could ever dream of doing. Gotta win though

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Waiting for it to take care of itself is a very MState way of thinking. We all have to do our part. Sure the attention will come but Dak's story can get him noticed by the non-sports crowd which can be a very powerful thing.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:41 PM
I don't get it. Is this a lack of effort thing, a lack of interest by our fans, what? I think it's great idea myself. You think Auburn fans didn't pimp Newton or UF fans didn't advertise Tebow?

RC3
09-30-2014, 09:44 PM
I think we can wait four days. Once he wins this weekend and puts up his average numbers, he will be one of the front runners. He controls his destiny, not us as fans. You think anything we are going to do is going to influence actual voters. Just wait for it. I understand you feel obligated to do something proactive, but only the love from sportscenter, secN, etc is going to win this for him. They are giving him love right now and when he dominates this weekend, it's going to be a full on love affair, far greater than any bit of influence our own moderate sized fanbase could ever dream of having. Preaching to our choir is going to have very little effect

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:45 PM
I think we can wait four days. Once he wins this weekend and puts up his average numbers, he will be one of the front runners. He controls his destiny, not us as fans. You think anything we are going to do is going to influence actual voters. Just wait for it. I understand you feel obligated to do something proactive, but only the love from sportscenter, secN, etc is going to win this for him. They are giving him love right now and when he dominates this weekend, it's going to be a full on love affair, far greater than any bit of influence out own moderate sized fanbase could ever dream of having.

I get what you're saying. I am just saying that it wouldn't hurt to have something tangible that we could tweet these guys or link as Dak continues to roll.

RC3
09-30-2014, 09:47 PM
And I think you'll see the university go all in IF he shows out this weekend

CadaverDawg
09-30-2014, 09:52 PM
I think even our own fans are just wanting to make sure it's not a fluke before we start really pushing this thing hard and heavy. That sounds bad, but I think it's the truth. We go out and beat A&M with Dak having pretty good numbers, and our fan base will explode with Heisman talk because it will be warranted. Not saying it isn't already warranted, but with the stretch of games we have coming up, you hate to get too fired up with Heisman stuff and then see it all crumble. If we split these next two games or win them both...it will take off, and I promise there are several on this board, myself included, that will make damn sure a campaign is started if we win this weekend.

TheRef
09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Agreed on all points. I know that we will probably do a lot of campaigning on the M&WN accounts and on the page itself if he plays like we think he will against TAMU. IF he does that, then you will see the floodgates open from the fan-written blogs as far as campaigning is concerned. One nationally recognized game gets you in the door, two nationally recognized names gets you in the VIP lounge, three nationally recognized names gets you a direct line to the owner. If you get what I'm saying.

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Cadaver, right on board with you and obviously this can't happen overnight. I just like to be prepared if and when the day comes. I'd love to speak to the leadership here and share some ideas. Obviously we all want what's best for our University.

CadaverDawg
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Cadaver, right on board with you and obviously this can't happen overnight. I just like to be prepared if and when the day comes. I'd love to speak to the leadership here and share some ideas. Obviously we all want what's best for our University.

Not sure I would call myself "leadership", but if you want to PM me anything feel free and I will get it into the hands of those that created the board

preachermatt83
09-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Gotcha a cap there cadaver... hahahahahaaha!

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/285648872/fearless_leader_hat.jpg?color=PinkWhite&height=225&width=225

CadaverDawg
09-30-2014, 10:13 PM
Gotcha a cap there cadaver... hahahahahaaha!

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/285648872/fearless_leader_hat.jpg?color=PinkWhite&height=225&width=225

Haha

bulldawg28
09-30-2014, 10:14 PM
If we can push Fred Smoot who had absolutely no chance we should definitely push Dak. He's the real deal and when is the next time the media will give us this foundation. Dak for heisman!!!! Even if we do it with no expectation of him winning its great pub and recruiting for the future. Don't think for a second our coaches won't use this hype and they should.

Dawg496
10-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Hey TheRef, check your PMs.

BLITZII
10-01-2014, 08:56 AM

This is how I see it as well..............Dak is getting a ton of attention nationally.