09-30-2014, 03:03 PM
"What has Ole Miss done?"

"Irrelevant"

Leroy Jenkins
09-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Big 10 John said "nobody outside oxford knows anybody on your defense"

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 03:07 PM
He also said that they have canceled doing their Friday radio show from the Junction and will now do it from the Ole Miss Sigma Chi house. Such BS

Barking 13
09-30-2014, 03:08 PM
I was listening to a couple idiot hosts on the radio over in the Montgomery area saying TSUN is going to whip Bama.. all I could do is shake my head... I don't understand the love... Of course, these were AU leans which explains a lot of it...

hells bells
09-30-2014, 03:11 PM
"What has Ole Miss done?"

"Irrelevant"

Shep Smith talking up Our State. Good grief.

hells bells
09-30-2014, 03:12 PM
He was joking Gun.

Msujd164
09-30-2014, 03:13 PM
He also said that they have canceled doing their Friday radio show from the Junction and will now do it from the Ole Miss Sigma Chi house. Such BS

That was a jab at the OM frat boy that just called

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I have come to the conclusion that very few people watch Ole Miss play. Human beings buy into hype with those guys quicker than anything I've ever seen.

On Saturday, the media watched Ole Miss struggle with Memphis and made fun of them, but by Tuesday, all the sudden Ole Miss has a chance. It's crazy. I seriously don't believe anyone watches them play. It's the only explanation. With the eye test, they look like a poorly coached, undisciplined team that can't run the football or pass block.

RossDawg82
09-30-2014, 03:14 PM
All it will take is an Ole Miss beat down and the love will go away for good.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 03:15 PM
That was a jab at the OM frat boy that just called

Oh gotcha, I didn't get it.

Gen. Grant
09-30-2014, 03:16 PM
All it will take is an Ole Miss beat down and the love will go away for good.

Probably, but there is also the possibility that they will chalk up a moderate loss to them playing Bama aka #1. I hope they get a 60 point beat down with 4 Wallace INTs. That will assure there is no revival of the OM hype.

blacklistedbully
09-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Shep Smith basically just said Ole Miss is a beacon of light for racial sensitivity and the best example of how to overcome racial prejudice.

Guess he's conveniently forgotten the many examples of intolerance they have shown in the years since Meredith. I almost choked on my lunch.

hells bells
09-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Heard a former player for TSUN named Tracey boast that Bama is not that good anymore. Keep the dream Tracey.

TheRef
09-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Heard a former player for TSUN named Tracey boast that Bama is not that good anymore. Keep the dream Tracey.

Oh he wasn't the only one. Cody Prewitt said it too....

hells bells
09-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Please no one from State call into Finebaum. Stay silent.

EAVdog
09-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Bama isn't as good as they have been. They're turning the ball over way more than normal and I just don't trust Kiffin. I don't think Ole Miss wins but it'll be in the Moral Victory category of close.

Boodawg
09-30-2014, 03:43 PM
I hope all you UM doubters are absolutely correct in your assumptions, because I think we all may be surprised at how close the game is. Every time I think they will get their doors beat in, they surprise me. Of course they haven't played anyone this year, but in years past when I thought they'd suck, they prove me wrong.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I hope all you UM doubters are absolutely correct in your assumptions, because I think we all may be surprised at how close the game is. Every time I think they will get their doors beat in, they surprise me. Of course they haven't played anyone this year, but in years past when I thought they'd suck, they prove me wrong.

I think it's their Super Bowl and they will play well, but I just don't see them as a good team. They will play above themselves this week, and the real downfall will start next week.

RossDawg82
09-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Bama isn't as good as they have been. They're turning the ball over way more than normal and I just don't trust Kiffin. I don't think Ole Miss wins but it'll be in the Moral Victory category of close.

Im sorry but if you are wanting a spot in Atlanta or the Playoffs, there are no moral victories. This is their chance to prove what only they and the media has been claiming. If they blow it their season will go down the shitter. There defense will keep it close, but in the end Bama will win by at least 2 scores.

bobcat91
09-30-2014, 04:12 PM
The biggest problem for UM is that they went for speed over power. That's great if you are in the Big 12 but lethal in the SEC.

BeardoMSU
09-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Shep said that he's been a OM fan his whole life, and that the university was one of the great loves of his life. Too bad he didn't love it enough to graduate....

Reason2succeed
09-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Nick Saban is going to have his defense ready to pick Hugh freeze's high school school bubble screen offense apart! Ole Miss didn't score on them last year and they're not going to school on them this year.

TrapGame
09-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Nick Saban is going to have his defense ready to pick Hugh freeze's high school school bubble screen offense apart! Ole Miss didn't score on them last year and they're not going to school on them this year.

But Hugh will run the Fumblerooskie!!!!***

Dawgcentral
09-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Any team that puts plenty of pressure on Bo Wallace can win. He's their best QB, and their constant worry. They don't have a running game. They don't stop the run well. It's simply too much to overcome vs a top ten team.

They do play well in games in which I expect them to fail. The LSU game last year certainly took me by surprise, so I have to concede that anything is possible. But I expect a tremendous let down.

Coach34
09-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Saban has had 2 weeks to gameplan for Ole Missus. Enough said

Bammer by 17-20 points

Fred Garvin
09-30-2014, 06:29 PM

Bammer by 17-20 points

THIS^^^^. I will always take Saban when he has two weeks to prepare.

MabenMaroon
09-30-2014, 06:38 PM

Bammer by 17-20 points

Are there any of you computer/statistical whizzes out there that could research and look up how Coach Saban's Alabama teams have done coming off a bye week. That would be pretty interesting to know.

whosyourdawgy
09-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Shep said that he's been a OM fan his whole life, and that the university was one of the great loves of his life. Too bad he didn't love it enough to graduate....

I see this a lot and you are right, he didn't graduate from there. Something had to happen because I think he was like 2 classes short of graduating. Maybe he got a great job offer and didn't need his diploma. I'd be willing to be that his ass is making more money than 99.99 percent of the people on this message board so who really gives a ****. It's a dumb argument. The dude is a typical arrogant ass Rebel and he has been a fan all his life and actually went to school there. You can't even call him a sidewalk fan. He is a black bear homer I don't like him either but go after his goofy ass another way than to say he didn't even graduate from there. Just my opinion. And that ain't worth much.

War Machine Dawg
09-30-2014, 06:53 PM
I see this a lot and you are right, he didn't graduate from there. Something had to happen because I think he was like 2 classes short of graduating. Maybe he got a great job offer and didn't need his diploma. I'd be willing to be that his ass is making more money than 99.99 percent of the people on this message board so who really gives a ****. It's a dumb argument. The dude is a typical arrogant ass Rebel and he has been a fan all his life and actually went to school there. You can't even call him a sidewalk fan. He is a black bear homer I don't like him either but go after his goofy ass another way than to say he didn't even graduate from there. Just my opinion. And that ain't worth much.

No degree makes him a sidewalk alum. Period.

bluelightstar
09-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Are there any of you computer/statistical whizzes out there that could research and look up how Coach Saban's Alabama teams have done coming off a bye week. That would be pretty interesting to know.

Here's an article related to that written after the Bama-Notre Dame nat'l championship game.

"In his 11 seasons in the SEC, Saban's teams have gone 28-9 (14-5 at LSU, 14-4 at Alabama) with the extra time to prepare* -- a winning percentage of 75.7 percent. But it's important to note that, at both LSU and Alabama, Saban has won 79.2 percent of his games, going 111-29.

So, again, his success rate is slightly worse with the time to prepare."

*Extra time to prepare = season opener, a game while coming off a bye week or a bowl game. So it's not exactly what you were looking for.

whosyourdawgy
09-30-2014, 07:02 PM
No degree makes him a sidewalk alum. Period.

Set foot on campus. Smith has been going to games all his life and actually attended the school for several years. He just doesn't have a diploma. So if you went to high school somewhere you can't be a fan because you didn't graduate? He's an asshat but not a sidewalk fan

Coach34
09-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Since 2008- Saban is 5-2 after an off week during the regular season...his 2 losses? Both to LSU- who also had an offweek

boarmassage
09-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Set foot on campus. Smith has been going to games all his life and actually attended the school for several years. He just doesn't have a diploma. So if you went to high school somewhere you can't be a fan because you didn't graduate? He's an asshat but not a sidewalk fan

Agree with this. So you are going to tell lots of State fans that they aren't real fans because they don't have a degree from MSU? That's some Ole Miss thinking right there.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 08:51 PM

Bammer by 17-20 points

word is that Bammer worked on the Mississippi game plan on week 2 (only).

I hope that doesn't burn us.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 08:55 PM
Agree with this. So you are going to tell lots of State fans that they aren't real fans because they don't have a degree from MSU? That's some Ole Miss thinking right there.

As a Bammer, I second this... I have been a bammer fan since I was hatched (late 60s)...

I attended Bammer on a skolly, but didn't get a degree there... I also have primo season tickets that cost more than a box at a lot of schools...

so, is TUSK not a legit "fan"?

msstate7
09-30-2014, 09:23 PM
word is that Bammer worked on the Mississippi game plan on week 2 (only).

I hope that doesn't burn us.

Isn't this kinda standard procedure? Work on fundamentals first week of bye and game plan week 2? Could be completely wrong

RC3
09-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Since 2008- Saban is 5-2 after an off week during the regular season...his 2 losses? Both to LSU- who also had an offweek

He's Also won three in a row with a bye. What I heard on weiner today anyway

msstate7
09-30-2014, 09:34 PM
As a Bammer, I second this... I have been a bammer fan since I was hatched (late 60s)...

I attended Bammer on a skolly, but didn't get a degree there... I also have primo season tickets that cost more than a box at a lot of schools...

so, is TUSK not a legit "fan"?

You're a bandwagon fan. Just as soon as we dominate you in Tuscaloosa, you'll be throwing all your saban posters away and replacing em with Mullen*****

gravedigger
09-30-2014, 09:41 PM
What they have dine is easy to explain.

They have convinced a few lazy people that the trivial fact of being ranked high in recruiting leads to the necessary conlusion of being a good team. Those lazy people bought it and spread the word to other lazy people.

Remember: sometimes the majority just means that all the idiots are on the same side. Thus it is with sports talking heads.

hells bells
09-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Shep makes $8 million a year.

msstate7
09-30-2014, 09:56 PM

Wow. I had no idea he made that much

sandwolf
09-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow. I had no idea he made that much

Yep.....that ****er is stacked up with money.

Bully Dee Williams
10-01-2014, 01:10 AM

What you didn't mention was that $7.9 million of that money comes from manning the glory holes in the men's room at the Library.

DawgHouseUnited
10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
What you didn't mention was that $7.9 million of that money comes from manning the glory holes in the men's room at the Library.

So that's why one of the Kimchee bros was stealing the tip jar...

RougeDawg
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
I think it's their Super Bowl and they will play well, but I just don't see them as a good team. They will play above themselves this week, and the real downfall will start next week.

And this past February it was Denver's Super Bowl also. That sure went well for them. It was USAs Super Bowl against us. We know how that went. Just being some teams Super Bowl does not cover up the glaring deficiencies of depth, experience, and a putrid offense that has been figured out in yr 3.

Hmmm, I seem to remember a collective few saying the offense was fully exposed at the end of last season and yr 3 would be difficult. I won't say who one of those was but I remember a handful of people discussing this preseason after their lofty ranking.

RC3
10-01-2014, 08:57 AM
They can't run the ball. It's that simple. You aren't going to beat bama if you are one dimensional.

MadDawg
10-01-2014, 09:30 AM
They can't run the ball. It's that simple. You aren't going to beat bama if you are one dimensional.

^^^^^ THIS ALL DAMN DAY LONG ^^^^^^^^

steeldawg
10-01-2014, 10:26 AM

This is exactly what shut down their offense last year. Bama will play minimal up front and cover the pass. Unless OM can plug an unexpected wrinkle in the game plan (make the respect Wallace's ability to run, etc), they will not be any more successful this year than last. A finesse passing attack only WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HAVE ANY SUCCESS AGAINST BAMA.

I'm also not sold on their defense. They have relied too much on their defensive backs. Memphis made them look good because of their predictable, slow developing rushing plays and never challenging them deep. OM defense is fast... But they aren't big, and they have yet shown they can 1. Stop a power, downhill rushing attack 2. Get consistent pressure up front with their front 6 (they run a 4-2-5 scheme).

RossDawg82
10-01-2014, 10:36 AM
One thing Nicky is good at is game planning and getting his team ready. What I see here are two schools who have a had a lot of success on the recruiting trail. 5* vs 5*. So the talent is not an excuse, you have a 3 year starter at QB compared to a 4 game starter. This game comes down to coaching. If TSUN loses big, Freeze cant throw his players under the bus, he cant say we made too many mental mistakes on the field. He simply needs to say I was out-coached today. This game falls on his shoulders. I eagerly await this beat down to see what he says. The world will see they are overrated this weekend. It will be glorious.

steeldawg
10-01-2014, 10:43 AM
One thing Nicky is good at is game planning and getting his team ready. What I see here are two schools who have a had a lot of success on the recruiting trail. 5* vs 5*. So the talent is not an excuse, you have a 3 year starter at QB compared to a 4 game starter. This game comes down to coaching. If TSUN loses big, Freeze cant throw his players under the bus, he cant say we made too many mental mistakes on the field. He simply needs to say I was out-coached today. This game falls on his shoulders. I eagerly await this beat down to see what he says. The world will see they are overrated this weekend. It will be glorious.

OM has some 5* in some key positions, but they aren't loaded with 5* talent. That doesn't discredit your point, though., because you are absolutely correct.