PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Alford Gone

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Anthony Alford just left the Ole Miss program to play baseball.

Looks like he isn't going to be a first round pick in the NFL draft

TrapGame
09-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, they still have Liggins.***

CadaverDawg
09-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Another 4 star G O N E

mic
09-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Playing time at DB, special QB packages, Ect Ect.. .. Promises made and never followed thru by the coaching staff.. Don't be surprised to see others follow suit at years end...

drunkernhelldawg
09-30-2014, 01:14 PM
You can tell they have issues by the way they've been playing. Problem is that they are talented enough to put a monster game out there anytime.

thf24
09-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Problem is that they are talented enough to put a monster game out there anytime.

I don't think so. They have great talent in a lot of places, but they're lacking in key areas, which negates it. They also have questionable to poor depth at almost every position. I just don't think they're a threat to pull a great game out of their ass for those reasons.

messageboardsuperhero
09-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Alford is a great athlete and was a big part of UM's future at safety.

drunkernhelldawg
09-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I don't think so. They have great talent in a lot of places, but they're lacking in key areas, which negates it. They also have questionable to poor depth at almost every position. I just don't think they're a threat to pull a great game out of their ass for those reasons.

Hope you're right. I've rethought my previous position on UM vs. Bama, where I said I'd just as soon Bama lose. I think the other guys are right; OM needs to get embarrassed Saturday.

MetEdDawg
09-30-2014, 01:53 PM

Exactly. Their depth is not SEC caliber. They made fun of us for all of our "crappy recruiting classes" but look at how much depth we've built. We rotate tons of guys in and out on offense and defense and see very little drop off in talent. But if they were to rotate players at many of their positions, they would see a significant drop off.

But the main point is they still have Bo Wallace at QB which is still a plus for any opposing team. Until they fix the QB position, they will be limited in terms of how much success they can have. I think their ceiling is 8 wins this year because of that.

RougeDawg
09-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Yes OM is very top heavy in talent. After about 12-15 guys, they have players who might not crack the two deeps on most other SEC teams, sans UK and Vandy. Their depth will read its head this week and they will be having open tryouts come November. Semi joking but their depth will be the reason they lose 5 games minimum. They're lucky they didn't have a big boy sec team earlier on their schedule. I cannot wait until Saturday.

yjnkdawg
You can tell they have issues by the way they've been playing. Problem is that they are talented enough to put a monster game out there anytime.

OM is an undisciplined team and hopefully that will come back to bite them.

thunderclap

Their OL ain't going monster no time. Unless you consider Grover and Elmo real monsters.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Their OL ain't going monster no time.

No, they're going monster. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man monster, though.

coastdoglover
09-30-2014, 02:48 PM
they cut him off to send stipends to the JUCO guys they are after. Word is on the street they have been paying several even before they sign. It is the Rebel Bear way.

Todd4State
09-30-2014, 05:58 PM
they cut him off to send stipends to the JUCO guys they are after. Word is on the street they have been paying several even before they sign. It is the Rebel Bear way.

I'm guessing one of those JUCO guys plays o-line at MGCC.

BeastMan
09-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Playing time at DB, special QB packages, Ect Ect.. .. Promises made and never followed thru by the coaching staff.. Don't be surprised to see others follow suit at years end...

It's interesting b/c you have no leverage w/a kid who can leave at any moment and make money. I think the deal breaker was being promised QB snaps which he isn't and won't get. Make no mistake, he was physically the most talented player on their defense. Just wanted his QB package. Best of luck to the kid. He'll be in the majors in a cpl years I bet