PDA

View Full Version : SEC Defensive Stats

Ralph
09-30-2014, 10:01 AM
I posted this yesterday but the table wasn't very reader-frirendly, so Im re-posting.

Put this together from NCAA stats site and a few things stick out to me:

- MSU is in top 3 in SEC in Sacks, TFL and Defensive 3rd down Conversions.
- SEC is damn good at preventing 3rd down conversions.
- By the stats, Bama is waaaay down defensively, except on 3rd downs.
- OM's defense, in all its glory and might, is in the middle of pack after beating powerhouses BSU, MEM, Vandy & ULL.
- I didnt put INT's here, but OM is leading SEC with 9 and is 2nd in Nation (MSU has 6). Their secondary is legit, not sold on anything else.
- Our D will be exponentially tougher for TAMU than Arky's or USCe.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26635632/SEC%20D%20Sts.JPG

BulldogDX55
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Good stuff.

I gotta say, I find it funny that you know how to use Excel, but not how to take a screenshot.

Ralph
09-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Good stuff.

I gotta say, I find it funny that you know how to use Excel, but not how to take a screenshot.

I must admit, I've never thought to do that. Note to self.

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Did you just pick out the stats you wanted that made us look the best. How is it that the Bears defense as a whole is ranked #1 in the SEC but yet on this graph they are middle of the pack? So they are allowing the least amount of points per game at 8.5 ( 0 TD allowed by 1st string D ), yards per game at 248, total passing at 534, and lead in INT at 9, but we find the few that bump them down.

BulldogDX55
09-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Did you just pick out the stats you wanted that made us look the best. How is it that the Bears defense as a whole is ranked #1 in the SEC but yet on this graph they are middle of the pack? So they are allowing the least amount of points per game at 8.5 ( 0 TD allowed by 1st string D ), yards per game at 248, total passing at 534, and lead in INT at 9, but we find the few that bump them down.

Getting pressure was one of our weak points last season, so I'd like to think that he is saying that we are showing improvement on that front.

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 12:58 PM
If that is the case, my apology. We will be needing every bit of that pressure come Saturday. I hope to see the QB on his $ss every play.

Ralph
09-30-2014, 01:13 PM
If that is the case, my apology. We will be needing every bit of that pressure come Saturday. I hope to see the QB on his $ss every play.

Yes, I went one by one in dire search of stats to make us look good and them look bad**

Then intent was to see how much pressure teams have given Hill and how they compared to our pressure thus far. That's why I memtioned INT's bc it can be a result of good pressure. There are like 50 teams tied in the top
10 INT's so it was pointless to add to the table.

But your well thought out insight is appreciated.

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Like I said 15 minutes prior, if that was the case, my apology. But I stand by the glory and might

Ralph
09-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Like I said 15 minutes prior, if that was the case, my apology. But I stand by the glory and might

Spoken like a true rebel troll.

Bama by 17.

TUSK
09-30-2014, 07:40 PM
I posted this yesterday but the table wasn't very reader-frirendly, so Im re-posting.

Put this together from NCAA stats site and a few things stick out to me:

- MSU is in top 3 in SEC in Sacks, TFL and Defensive 3rd down Conversions.
- SEC is damn good at preventing 3rd down conversions.
- By the stats, Bama is waaaay down defensively, except on 3rd downs.
- OM's defense, in all its glory and might, is in the middle of pack after beating powerhouses BSU, MEM, Vandy & ULL.
- I didnt put INT's here, but OM is leading SEC with 9 and is 2nd in Nation (MSU has 6). Their secondary is legit, not sold on anything else.
- Our D will be exponentially tougher for TAMU than Arky's or USCe.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26635632/SEC%20D%20Sts.JPG

no.

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Seems like you could come up with something a little better. Because someone doesn't step with the company line, you start sniffing in the wind and pull out the troll bullshit. You can take your 17 and I will see you Bama by at least 3 TD. Just because you fail to list any other true stats and I do doesn't mean shit.

Ralph
09-30-2014, 08:20 PM
no.

I stand corrected.

Political Hack
10-01-2014, 06:41 AM
hahaha. OM sucks. spreadsheets don't lie.

Dawg61
10-01-2014, 06:55 AM
Seems like you could come up with something a little better. Because someone doesn't step with the company line, you start sniffing in the wind and pull out the troll bullshit. You can take your 17 and I will see you Bama by at least 3 TD. Just because you fail to list any other true stats and I do doesn't mean shit.

I agree with him Rebel. You stink of Bear shit. You outed yourself. Now ban yourself.