PDA

View Full Version : Let's Discuss another Separation Saturday Matchup: LSU @ AU

RougeDawg
09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
This game is normally pretty tight. Does anyone else think LSU with Harris at the helm is going to give Ellis Johnson and crew a headache? LSU has scored TD's on 7 of the 9 drives Harris had been the QB. Given they were in garbage time and against NM State, but their play is elevated with him under center. Auburn looked anemic against KState and was lucky to come away with a W. Auburn of 2014 is far for the auburn of 2013. No Mason and OL they lost have really shown. I'm seeing this on somewhere around LSU 27 - Auburn 24.

Thoughts?

Goat Holder
09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Nope. Auburn will manhandle them on the lines just like we did. Whoever plays QB is meaningless.

SignalToNoise
09-30-2014, 09:21 AM
LSU has won 3 straight over AU and 6 of the last 8.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:21 AM
LSU beats Auburn.

CadaverDawg
09-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I think Auburn wins by 7-10 points

DudyDawg
09-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Not sure, but I hope Auburn wins

justwin
09-30-2014, 09:33 AM
I think LSU covers and possibly wins outright with the 27-24 score you mention. Harris will be the difference and he is going to play a good game and get the ball to the WRs. I think it will come down to Fournette's ability to break tackles if LSU wins or not.

LSU's defense will be better prepared to play Marshall after playing Dak.

Pollodawg
09-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Miles is dangerous as a coach in these situations. When his hair's on fire, dude finds a way to win.

MetEdDawg
09-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Auburn's best game would beat a lot of people this year. Problem with Auburn is that they are so inconsistent that you don't see their best but for a few drives per game.

I think LSU wll struggle to run the football some because Auburn has a big DL that rotates deep. Not as good as ours but top 5 SEC. My question with Auburn is their back 7. Can their secondary stop the big play and can the LBs be physical enough to stop LSU in those obvious run situations.

I think it will be a physical fight that LSU wins. Auburn is not as good a team this year and I think LSU, who is better than we made them look, will expose that. I don't think either team is a top 10 team, but I think LSU rebounds from our game and beats an Auburn team that is much more predictable than previous Malzahn teams.

Goat Holder
09-30-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't think either team is a top 10 team

If they aren't, who is? Auburn ran Arkansas off the field, who should have beaten Texas A&M, another Top 10 team.

I hate Auburn football fans with a passion, so I'm the last guy to give them kudos, but you can't ignore reality.

Dawg496
09-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Let's pull for a close Auburn victory. Would be nice to see LSU compete but ultimately we need them to beat up on Auburn but let Auburn escape in 5 OTs hopefully.

That would make for a huge matchup next week, potentially Top 10 if we can somehow overcome A&M. It would also give us the opportunity to take down 3 straight undefeated Top 10 teams.

DownwardDawg
09-30-2014, 09:48 AM
This will be a really good game. I think LSU will win a close one.

Smitty
09-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Auburn wins 34-28

MetEdDawg
09-30-2014, 10:06 AM
If they aren't, who is? Auburn ran Arkansas off the field, who should have beaten Texas A&M, another Top 10 team.

I hate Auburn football fans with a passion, so I'm the last guy to give them kudos, but you can't ignore reality.

I think they are a Top 15-20 team but I'm not convinced they are Top 10. I think they've got some glaring weaknesses like at RB and OL, and I think they have some secondary issues as well. I'm just not convinced they are a Top 10 team. I think we are more than they are to be honest because we have a better defense, a better OL, and a better QB.

Just not sold on Auburn but I guess they could be a Top 10 team if you look at the landscape of this year's teams. There aren't a ton of good ones so I guess they could be a top 10 team some weekends and not on others because they definitely aren't consistent enough for me to label them as a for sure top 10 team.

RougeDawg
09-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Let's pull for a close Auburn victory. Would be nice to see LSU compete but ultimately we need them to beat up on Auburn but let Auburn escape in 5 OTs hopefully.

That would make for a huge matchup next week, potentially Top 10 if we can somehow overcome A&M. It would also give us the opportunity to take down 3 straight undefeated Top 10 teams.

Yes, I hope this is a close game and an AU win will probably be better for us when we play them next week, but I just have a feeling LSU will pull it off. They always seem to win one like this and them lose one they shouldn't.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2014, 11:21 AM
If LSU can't plug that hole up the middle of its defense AU will score at will. I don't think LSU can match them if that happens.

Ralph
09-30-2014, 11:43 AM
I think LSU wins in a tight one. 27-24. Im not sold on AUB yet from what I've seen watching games.

As a state fan, who are you pulling for? Im going LSU just to put a loss on a SECw team.

I seen it dawg
09-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Nope. Auburn will manhandle them on the lines just like we did. Whoever plays QB is meaningless.

Auburn may win but they won't manhandle them. Auburn is soft up front. LaTech stoned them on the defensive front. La Tech.

Brahmabull
09-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Auburn wins b/c LSU DL is not ready. AU OL will open holes on them just like we did. It will be a better ballgame than our game with them in BR. We whipped them for 3.5 qtrs. In the end AU wins by 7.