PDA

View Full Version : Has OM had any players suspended for punching people during that brawl?

Political Hack
09-30-2014, 07:05 AM
just wondering. been out of the loop. surely they're going to be suspended for this, right?

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 07:08 AM
As of 11:00 last night, they were reporting that no suspensions were expected. Not sure how they pulled that off, but the spin machine must have been at full force.

thf24
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
As of 11:00 last night, they were reporting that no suspensions were expected. Not sure how they pulled that off, but the spin machine must have been at full force.

Especially since, unlike our situation last week, the rules clear, cut, and dry on the issue. Any player who comes off the bench to participate in an altercation on the field is ejected and suspended the next game.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM
There should have been some suspensions, but I think deep down we all knew there wouldn't be any. They've gotten enough national press this season to warrant protection. Slive can't take the risk that they might actually be good and hurt their chances this season.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Especially since, unlike our situation last week, the rules clear, cut, and dry on the issue. Any player who comes off the bench to participate in an altercation on the field is ejected and suspended the next game.

And what makes your point even worse is that is a NCAA rule...not an SEC rule. And yet they still skate by. Absolutely unreal.

notsofarawaydawg
09-30-2014, 07:46 AM
No matter what comes out of it, Ole Miss will be well, Ole Miss at the end of the season. Still wishing for a trip to Atlanta and lucky to make a bowl game. The butt hurt after our game in Oxford will be off the chart and I predict major player screw ups again next summer while on mission trips for the Reverend Freezus. You see, once a hypocrite, always a hypocrite.

Offshore Dawg
09-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Could it be old "Dickie's" money at work.

Alldawg
09-30-2014, 07:59 AM
And what makes your point even worse is that is a NCAA rule...not an SEC rule. And yet they still skate by. Absolutely unreal.

Like I said, spin machine. I was told the way it was defended was the fact the defense, CJ, RN and others, were taking the field due to change of possession.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Like I said, spin machine. I was told the way it was defended was the fact the defense, CJ, RN and others, were taking the field due to change of possession.

Where was Memphis' offense?

UMCDawg16
09-30-2014, 08:15 AM
This just goes to show that when one of the "big boys" (LSU and Bama) and their head coach raises hell about something, its gonna get done. But when it comes to just enforcing the rules that exist, Slive doesn't have a backbone.

LeakyD
09-30-2014, 08:19 AM
I think the SEC announced Day's suspension on Tuesday last week. It broke during the Finebaum show. We shall see if they are consistent about enforcing rules vs speculating intent.

Brahmabull
09-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Conference suspensions are announced on Tuesdays. They should be suspended, especially since you can see in the still shot that Golsen is the one punching the memphis players helmet, not the kicker. That said, there will not be any....

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2014, 08:32 AM

And they just decided to stop by the melee and throw a few punches before huddling up to call the defensive scheme. It all makes sense.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
From the bear boards they are saying they have received word that there will be no suspensions forthcoming. It was just some harmless pushing and shoving. Nothing to see here.

DawgHouseUnited
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
And they just decided to stop by the melee and throw a few punches before huddling up to call the defensive scheme. It all makes sense.

They stopped by to visit- out of love of course.

DawgHouseUnited
09-30-2014, 09:09 AM
From the bear boards they are saying they have received word that there will be no suspensions forthcoming. It was just some harmless pushing and shoving. Nothing to see here.

So what's their roster looking like? I'd like it if they brought everyone in, especially their A-team, before getting destroyed by Bama. Any significant absences and they have a built-in excuse.

deltadawg99
09-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Cash Money Johnson was right in the middle of the fight also.

The coming off the bench rule may have some grey area since the defense was coming onto the field and it was by the OM bench. Not like Treadwell took off sprinting from the opposite sideline or anything.

M.Fillmore
09-30-2014, 01:06 PM
If UM doesn't have suspensions then Scott should call Slive and ask why and if Dillon Day's suspension can be cut in half and be allowed to play. As has been pointed out, leaving the bench is directly stated by rule. There is no subjectivity of judgement as used with Dillon Day.

MadDawg
09-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank you sir, may I have another? ***

Percho
09-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Has anyone seen the vids of the run over by Maty Mauk of the Ole Ball Coach?

Barking 13
09-30-2014, 04:21 PM

explains it all, right there...

scottycameron
09-30-2014, 06:48 PM
OK, let me get this straight. The SEC is protecting Ole Miss this week and they play Alabama. This does not pass the smell test. If they were playing anybody else, then ok. But Bama?

bulldawg28
09-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Doesn't matter this eliminates excuses.