PDA

View Full Version : How is the A&M offense going to handle our Defense?

Coach34
09-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Our Defense is 7th in the country vs the Run
Our Defense that is 15th in the country in Sacks
Our Defense that is 12th in the country in Tackles for Loss
Our Defense that is 11th in the country in Completion percentage Allowed
Our Defense that is 15th in the country in Passes defended

How is Texas A&M going to deal with that shit huh? Wayyyyy too much is being made over our 2nd D giving up bombs to UAB and LSU hitting some plays after we relaxed.

And as a bonus question- How is A&M going to deal with the #DakAttack after giving up 28 to UPig's shitty offense?

I seen it dawg
09-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Everybody is talking about am weapons and how are we going to deal with it. They can't stop us. Dak will get 4yds anytime he wants. We can absolutely run with them and out score them because our offense is just as good or better than theirs. This game will be won with our offense.

TrapGame
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Arky's QB can't run for shit and handled A&M's defense pretty well. Dak will absolutely light them up!

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 09:39 PM
http://m.memegen.com/r1qgui.jpg

bluelightstar
09-29-2014, 09:42 PM
http://m.memegen.com/r1qgui.jpg

Haha, agreed. I like our defense, but I am not doubting Kevin Sumlin's ability to move the ball.

whosyourdawgy
09-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Shit put hill in the shot gun and throw that bitch deep ever time Until our corners prove they can cover this, and they haven't. It's gonna b a problem.

We need to pound their ass w long drives and score td's at the end of them. And Preston and Chris need to give Kenny a thrill and bury his ass in the Scott field turf a few times and make him worry about throwing the football. We do that we win even if we still give up a bomb or two

DawgPoundRock
09-30-2014, 09:45 AM
They will score, but so will we. I believe this game will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.

SignalToNoise
09-30-2014, 09:51 AM

How is Texas A&M going to deal with that shit huh? Wayyyyy too much is being made over our 2nd D giving up bombs to UAB and LSU hitting some plays after we relaxed.

And as a bonus question- How is A&M going to deal with the #DakAttack after giving up 28 to UPig's shitty offense?

Good set of questions. The things i'm tired of hearing the most from the "A&M will kill us" crowd is all about "how we will handle them?!". It's as if we are totally helpless in this game and have no bearing on the outcome- it is only what they will give us that will matter. I feel like your post counters that quite well.

drummerdawg
09-30-2014, 09:54 AM
I didn't know this until a bear friend of mine pointed it out. But our pass D is ranked 121st in the country. Maybe A&M will challenge that part of our defense.

blacklistedbully
09-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Coach, I think your end result will prove true. My only caveat is I'm not big on using the stats, year-to-date, as so many of them were put up against a weak schedule.

To be sure, our stats also took some hits due to the large amount of time our starters were out, but the bottom line for me is the stats so far are not very telling either way, considering our opposition. I put far more emphasis on our performance versus LSU, and then our ability to shut down an apparently decent rushing attack in UAB. I like to focus on what our starters have been able to do, minus the usual things we discount, such as conservative play-calling versus an inferior opponent, etc.

In the end, I have a feeling we're going to control the LOS, and win comfortably because our offense we be better versus their defense than their offense will be versus out defense.

EAVdog
09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
We win by 2 touchdowns. Book it.

42-28-ish.

HoopsDawg
09-30-2014, 10:20 AM
When 2 teams are evenly matched it comes down to turnovers and special teams. We need to win those battles and limit the big plays.

RougeDawg
09-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Coach is correct and I'm having this same argument with our tailgate group of friends. The only times our secondary has looked pedestrian is when Collins has been tinkering or he has called off the Dawgs. When we play "Our Defense" we wreak havoc on any offense and all of you doubters will see that Saturday. If we leave in the starters and keep same defensive mindset two weeks ago we win by 30+ at LSU. Quit seeing things through the prism of MSU past, and start seeing things for what they are. We can dominate on D when we want to. Out coaches just feel the need to get our other guys PT and put them in tough situations in real games to help them develop.

Thick
09-30-2014, 10:38 AM

I think the UAB and LSU games have over exaggerated our pass defense, first and foremost. If I am Sumlin, I'm spreading the offense to force us into nickel and dime packages to weaken our front seven, and I'm using quick reads, straight dives, and QB option in the run game. In the passing game, I'm quick, short routes, then double moves to strike deep to keep us guessing. The key for aTm is big pass plays.

Coach34
09-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Maybe our pass defense is ranked that low because teams can't run on us at all???

BeastMan
09-30-2014, 11:05 AM

http://i.myniceprofile.com/1516/151633.gif

HoopsDawg
09-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Maybe our pass defense is ranked that low because teams can't run on us at all???

That is definitely part of it, but we had our first string in against USA and they had guys running wide open. They just couldn't catch at all.