PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on these comments from A&M...

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 08:07 PM
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533832

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 08:12 PM
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533827

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2533664

TheRef
09-29-2014, 08:13 PM
I just...I never realized so much stupid could reside in one thread. Seems like OP has no idea what he's talking about and everyone just proceeded to rip him for it (actually it's kinda funny when I think about it). They're underestimating our LB core, and specifically Matt Wells' ability to cover TEs and RBs. He may be the fastest player on the field, and that's not a rip on our DBs. He's just THAT fast.

msstate7
09-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Obviously we suck. Arkansas is gonna destroy what little of us aTm leaves behind. God help us*

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Yea, it's funny to see how quickly they all think Arkansas will beat our ass now just because they struggled with them. The comments about our secondary will either be accurate or the biggest surprise of the weekend.

GreenheadDawg
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
They are quickly becoming my 2nd most hated fan base. They are ****ing annoying

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
They are quickly becoming my 2nd most hated fan base. They are ****ing annoying

I would absolutely love to go over there after the game Saturday if we win and watch those cocky bastards melt.

TheRef
I would absolutely love to go over there after the game Saturday if we win and watch those cocky ****ers melt.

Paging Slick or Scooba....

BeardoMSU
What I imagine when thinking of a group of A&M fans talking football....

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130220045434/villains/images/2/2c/The_Cult_of_Maggie.gif

RC3
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Meh. Can't blame them for thinking our secondary is weak. They are gonna have to show up this week and play very physical. I think they will, this removing the cloud over their ability

CadaverDawg
Paging Slick or Scooba....

What?

TheRef
What I imagine when thinking of a group of A&M fans talking football....

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130220045434/villains/images/2/2c/The_Cult_of_Maggie.gif

I think you're looking for this, Beardo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY

Jack Lambert
09-29-2014, 08:21 PM
I think it show that most of them have not watched us play but all of have watched them. The proof is they see the UAB score and see Dak only passed for 50% but they don't understand that Dak only played two quarters and we put our third team in the game in the 4th quarter. They are so use to Sumerlin running up the score they don't understand the concept of playing scrubs.

GreenheadDawg
I would absolutely love to go over there after the game Saturday if we win and watch those cocky ****ers melt.

I think I may do just that. I know every fan base has "those guys" but A&M seems to have a lot of em. They are ****ing weird too.. I mean your cheerleaders are all dudes

TheRef
What?

They're in Texas so they could give us a first-hand account of their meltdown back home.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2014, 08:22 PM
They're in Texas so they could give us a first-hand account of their meltdown back home.

Oh are they? It would be epic if they would drive onto the campus if we win.

BeardoMSU
09-29-2014, 08:24 PM
I think you're looking for this, Beardo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY

Indeed I was, Ref. Top shelf, man.

TheRef
09-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Indeed I was, Ref. Top shelf, man.

https://efchan.net/arch/src/8xyw7ke72e80.gif

BeardoMSU
09-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Oh are they? It would be epic if they would drive onto the campus if we win.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

LC Dawg
09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
It's seems like in each of those threads there's at least one person who knows absolutely nothing about what they are talking about.

I work with a guy who's son went to A&M. Those guys are beyond fanatical. It's almost cult-like. They really think everybody should want to be them. I bet they are the consensus most hated fan base in the SEC before long.

RougeDawg
09-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Meh. Can't blame them for thinking our secondary is weak. They are gonna have to show up this week and play very physical. I think they will, this removing the cloud over their ability

Our secondary has looked pedestrian when Collins calls off the dogs on defensive line and LB. Why can't people seem to see this. When we play "Our Defense" we get pressure and force the QB into quick throws, most times bad decisions. Come on people. We had enough of a game plan to beat them last year with JFF. Turnovers and Dak being inexperienced and then injured are why we lost. We have them at home with a leader that could get them all to run through the ugly see bricks of Doenan. Have faith.

RC3
09-29-2014, 09:36 PM
I've got faith. They are going to show that they are pretty good this weekend

chef dixon
09-29-2014, 09:41 PM
You realize every single fan base we play sounds exactly the same on message boards?

ScoobaDawg
09-29-2014, 11:08 PM

haha, I wish I could. I would likely just walk around some grass to really piss them off.
I actually won't get to even watch the game live. I'll be out running my next OCR, Tough Mudder, early that morning. So i don't want to hear anyone bitching about having to get up early or it being warm unless you want to go run this race with me.

Dawg61
09-30-2014, 01:09 AM
I despise Texas A&M. Bunch of weirdos. They haven't won shit in college football in the last 30 years or so but think they are a top 5 program. Still don't hate them as much as the 4. The 4 being Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss. aTm is more like an Arkansas level of hate for me. Those two schools are the weirdos west of us. Keep them in the corner where they can be weirdo fu@ks all day every day.

dawgs
09-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Our secondary has looked pedestrian when Collins calls off the dogs on defensive line and LB. Why can't people seem to see this. When we play "Our Defense" we get pressure and force the QB into quick throws, most times bad decisions. Come on people. We had enough of a game plan to beat them last year with JFF. Turnovers and Dak being inexperienced and then injured are why we lost. We have them at home with a leader that could get them all to run through the ugly see bricks of Doenan. Have faith.

but that actually requires watching our games closely and not just running with a non-nuanced narrative.

EdDawg
09-30-2014, 07:38 AM
Did that one guy really write that if we doubled Ricky Seals, it would free up their defensive end to get pressure on Dak?

How do you even argue with that logic?

TXDawg
09-30-2014, 09:49 AM
haha, I wish I could. I would likely just walk around some grass to really piss them off.
I actually won't get to even watch the game live. I'll be out running my next OCR, Tough Mudder, early that morning. So i don't want to hear anyone bitching about having to get up early or it being warm unless you want to go run this race with me.

Where are you running the TM, Scooba? I've run two; both just outside of Austin. Took a year off from running, but training up now for the Spartan Trifecta next year.

blacklistedbully
09-30-2014, 09:57 AM
I decided to sign up and post the following in one of those threads:

You guys do realize that LSU QB Brandon Harris faced only our prevent defense, right?? You do know we rushed 3 only, right??

C'mon folks, use your heads a little here. Miss State DOMINATED LSU. It took a series of EVERYTHING going LSU's way the last few minutes for them to make it a 5-point game, including a backup center snapping the ball over our QB's head, which lead to an LSU TD. We were literally in a position to run the clock out at that point.

You know darn well that if our starters had stayed in, that play doesn't happen, right? And without that play, LSU is at best trying a Hail-Mary pass with no time left down 12 points, right??

It appears some of you know very little about football. Here's a quick 101 for you:
When you rush only 3 in a prevent defense, it puts a lot more pressure on your DB's. The goal is no longer to prevent ANY pass from being completed, rather it is to prevent the other team from scoring too quickly. Sometimes that strategy bites you in the butt, which is why a lot of folks like to say, "Prevent defense only prevents you from winning".

Up 24 points well into the 4th Q we made the following mistakes we won't likely make again:
1. The aforementioned snap over the QB's head.
2. DB Jamerson Love getting sloppy and letting an LSU WR get behind him for a late TD.
3. Coach Dan Mullen electing to not take the chip-shot field goal on 4th down from the LSU 3 to stretch the lead to 27 points.
4. Coach Mullen taking the starters out too soon (He admitted this in his post-game interview, saying he learned his lesson).
5. MSU switching to a prevent defense too soon.

The reality is, if not for those "perfect storm" occurrences LSU does not score 19 points in the last few minutes to make it closer than it really was.

We got to learn a lesson that didn't cost us a win this year. That is not a good thing for you, or an indication of what you can expect this Saturday. In fact, you should expect us to be better than we were versus LSU, unless the loss of Dillon Day goes very wrong for us.

32 Dive
09-30-2014, 10:38 AM
It doesn't bother me that other fan bases may see us a defensively inferior unit. After all, their only knowledge of our play is based only on a casual knowledge of the Sunday morning box scores.

If we take care of business on Saturday, it will make them think twice before blindly judging us. If we don't then they will have guessed, and I mean guessed, right.

I'm hoping this time next week, they would have wished they did their homework...

Thick
09-30-2014, 10:41 AM
I love their perception, but it's not the players' perception. If it is, even better!

Dawg61
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
It doesn't bother me that other fan bases may see us a defensively inferior unit. After all, their only knowledge of our play is based only on a casual knowledge of the Sunday morning box scores.

If we take care of business on Saturday, it will make them think twice before blindly judging us. If we don't then they will have guessed, and I mean guessed, right.

I'm hoping this time next week, they would have wished they did their homework...

Excellent post. Guarantee some of this mindset that aTm fans have is similar to what their team thinks of us. They are giving us this game if so. We are a bigger more physical team than aTm. We do the pushing around. Not the other way around. Texas A&M is about to get punched in the mouth and they can't do shit about it. This win I am going to enjoy very much.

LC Dawg
09-30-2014, 10:58 AM
I think the fact that they returned some of their ticket allotment shows they aren't as confident in the win as they act like.

ScoobaDawg
09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Where are you running the TM, Scooba? I've run two; both just outside of Austin. Took a year off from running, but training up now for the Spartan Trifecta next year.

Dallas, well Seagoville, TX. Running saturday, Sunday -volunteering for biggest loser race at six flags over texas and then volunteer at tough mudder to get most of my fees refunded.
Don't wait till next year. "Dallas" Beast and Sprint are Nov 1 and 2 and great deals on living social now. No you won't be able to get a super now unless you fly to California, Ohio (this weekend), or South Carolina, but still go ahead and get started. I JUST got back from Chicago where I ran the Spartan Super so I can get my trifectia this year. With as many races are possibly to be happening in Texas next year you could earn a DOUBLE trifectia just by finding one more beast out of state. I'll shoot you a pm, TONS of training opportunities around Austin.